Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011-2012 season

+5
mad elf
CAM
Sean
terry
MEATHEAD
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2011-2012 season Empty 2011-2012 season

Post  MEATHEAD Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:08 am

whats the odds this season then? couple of new teams in the league so hopefully there half decent, think it will be tighter this year than last year. Den Inn look the team to cause a surprise and challenge the Auld Hoose never rule out the Brig, Sunbeam half decent if get a couple of more players.

MEATHEAD

Birthday : 1986-06-21

Back to top Go down

2011-2012 season Empty Re: 2011-2012 season

Post  terry Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:14 am

watch oot 4 the gyle anaw they will cause a few upsets. mollys will kin aw aboot that Laughing

terry

Birthday : 1965-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:42 am

terry wrote:watch oot 4 the gyle anaw they will cause a few upsets. mollys will kin aw aboot that Laughing

Well thats no what I heard from a couple of the buck n hind lads. Do you wanna let us all know what went wrong Terry?
Sean
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  CAM Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:11 pm

For me The Douglas look a pretty good bet for a top 3 finish.
We played them first game, pretty much everyone of them finished well.

Played the Brig last week and gotta say The Douglas looked better.
will come back in a couple of weeks on the other contenders as we have next :
Molly's away
Denn Inn home
Sunbeam away
AHW home

Who the hell came up with that start for us !!!!!!

CAM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:54 am

[quote="CAM"]For me The Douglas look a pretty good bet for a top 3 finish.

Well from my knowledge the brig beat the central easy enough (11 - 5) with a WEAKENED team. The douglas will probably finish mid table as per usual. (my opinion)
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  mad elf Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:41 am

[quote="Mind Games"]
CAM wrote:For me The Douglas look a pretty good bet for a top 3 finish.

Well from my knowledge the brig beat the central easy enough (11 - 5) with a WEAKENED team. The douglas will probably finish mid table as per usual. (my opinion)

a wouldnt say the brig won easy,alot of close games on the nght.and a wouldnt say it was a WEAKEND team.lookd like all of the brigs usual players were there.a reckon the douglas will b above the brig at the end of the season. bounce
mad elf
mad elf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:29 am

[quote="mad elf"]
Mind Games wrote:

a wouldnt say the brig won easy,alot of close games on the nght.and a wouldnt say it was a WEAKEND team.lookd like all of the brigs usual players were there.a reckon the douglas will b above the brig at the end of the season. bounce

No disrespect mad one but the brig boys did not even need to come out of 2nd gear for this win. There were 3 guys missing and it was still a stroll in the park. After only the 2nd game of the season please TRY to be realistic with your predictions and judgements mate.
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  mad elf Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:27 am

[quote="Mind Games"]
mad elf wrote:
Mind Games wrote:

No disrespect mad one but the brig boys did not even need to come out of 2nd gear for this win. There were 3 guys missing and it was still a stroll in the park. After only the 2nd game of the season please TRY to be realistic with your predictions and judgements mate.

if u say so,still lookd like the normal team to me.the brigs run of wining the league has cum to a end,u cant win all the time.i would expect the brig to win against teams that have only been going a few years,but we will c what they r like wen they cum up against the bigger boys in the league Laughing
mad elf
mad elf

Back to top Go down

Post  MEATHEAD Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:28 pm

ive got to agree with mind games here, i havent seen the brig or the Douglas play this year but i know what teams have who and you have to remember the Brig still have the winning mentality even tho lost league last year, the Brig is slightly weaker than before but will still be there abouts challenging for the league, Brig have nothing to prove, the Douglas do, dont judge the Brig on the big games, judge the Douglas on the big games.

A lot was made of the Den Inn been title contenders this season, they got beat 12-4 last week and have the Brig this week, very early in the season but if they dont take something from the Brig they could find themselves chasing.

MEATHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post  CAM Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:39 pm

Agree the Brig have the experience and will be there or thereabouts. they always are....
I am only judging on what I have seen so far this season.
The Douglas looked to have a bit about them this year.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if they finished in the top 3 perhaps splitting AHW and the Brig.

If they continue to play at the level I have seen first hand, then the Brig, Denn Inn, Mollies etc.... will need to be on top form to take them.

AHW will still to be too strong for everybody

Oh and Mind Games I agree with Elf our game against you was tighter than the score suggests, definetlay 1 or 2 frames could have went against you.
Just be gracious and admit you had a squeeky arse a couple of times in that game, none of this crap about 2nd gear blah blah blah......
Smile

CAM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:23 am

MEATHEAD wrote:ive got to agree with mind games here, i havent seen the brig or the Douglas play this year but i know what teams have who and you have to remember the Brig still have the winning mentality even tho lost league last year, the Brig is slightly weaker than before but will still be there abouts challenging for the league, Brig have nothing to prove, the Douglas do, dont judge the Brig on the big games, judge the Douglas on the big games.

A lot was made of the Den Inn been title contenders this season, they got beat 12-4 last week and have the Brig this week, very early in the season but if they dont take something from the Brig they could find themselves chasing.

Cheers Meathead, I am just trying to explain that there is hardly any motivation when facing the lower teams in the league and even though this is the total wrong attitude at times it does actually happen. This will explain why the brig players basically just had to do enough to win without being expected to be at their best. If it was a more difficult team to play then the standard and attitude would have been much higher. I thought that Cam and Mad elf would have realised this without replying with obviously limited knowledge.
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  mad elf Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:52 am

Mind Games wrote:
MEATHEAD wrote:ive got to agree with mind games here, i havent seen the brig or the Douglas play this year but i know what teams have who and you have to remember the Brig still have the winning mentality even tho lost league last year, the Brig is slightly weaker than before but will still be there abouts challenging for the league, Brig have nothing to prove, the Douglas do, dont judge the Brig on the big games, judge the Douglas on the big games.

Cheers Meathead, I am just trying to explain that there is hardly any motivation when facing the lower teams in the league and even though this is the total wrong attitude at times it does actually happen. This will explain why the brig players basically just had to do enough to win without being expected to be at their best. If it was a more difficult team to play then the standard and attitude would have been much higher. I thought that Cam and Mad elf would have realised this without replying with obviously limited knowledge.

this's what a have to laugh it wen it comes to peolpe like u with this attitude.what makes u so wise that u think i have "limited knowledge".just cause i play for a team thats not one o the top teams doesnt make me any less wise about the game and what goes on.just cause am no a old foggey like u doesnt mean to say a dont know what am talkibg about jocolor
mad elf
mad elf

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:08 pm

Good to see the Douglas in the discussion haha. I'd like to think they've added some worthwhile experience with Alan McWilliams, Scott Spencer, and myself. No danger of us winning the league but I think we can give most teams a good game. I think the douglas finished 7th last year so any improvement would be good.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:44 pm

mad elf wrote:
Mind Games wrote:

this's what a have to laugh it wen it comes to peolpe like u with this attitude.what makes u so wise that u think i have "limited knowledge".just cause i play for a team thats not one o the top teams doesnt make me any less wise about the game and what goes on.just cause am no a old foggey like u doesnt mean to say a dont know what am talkibg about jocolor

This is what this forum is all about - sharing BANTER. I was just being honest when I said the brig were complacent against the central and a couple of games were lost deservedly. I am still saying ALL DAY LONG that the central were never going to win the match.
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:55 pm

LWB wrote:Good to see the Douglas in the discussion haha. I'd like to think they've added some worthwhile experience with Alan McWilliams, Scott Spencer, and myself. No danger of us winning the league but I think we can give most teams a good game. I think the douglas finished 7th last year so any improvement would be good.

Welcome back Mr Boyd, a good addition to the douglas squad can only improve matters here no question.
If I am being totally honest the league shall be won by A.H.W. hands down and the rest are fighting for 2nd place. Brig shall be lucky to finish 4th this time around (after losing players) but can take points from any of the challengers. Auld hoose are a stronger team than last season and will be difficult to shift and central will finish bottom of the 5th division..................... Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:48 am

Cheers Mind Games, will look forward to some good banter with the Brig lads as usual.

I think the Central were a bit unlucky to lose by they score they did to the Douglas. I'm sure some of the less experienced guys in the tea will lift their game up to match a couple of really good players you guys have.

Shame that AHW seem all but certain to win. Guess everyone else is playing for champions league places Laughing .

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:21 pm

After last nights results I have to say well done central after they won 9-7 versus Molly malones, both teams were runner-up's in both league's, no idea what the teams were but a wins a win

Blazers won 10-6 versus Douglas (leading 6-2) with their super stars
I had a look at the team sheet and Douglas seem a strong side without you Joe , i know your their ip address

And den a finally get a win over brig after 10 years, good for them

Auld Hoose Buckhaven playing their home games from the Buck'n'Hynd to start with

Kirkland in the position the've had at the end of the season for 3 of the last 4 seasons (last)

Last edited by STOO01 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CAM Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:05 pm

Cheers Stooo

We have been 3 players short of our starting 8 since the season began so it's been a bit of a struggle.
We played ok last night, sayin that Molly's have lost about 4 of their starting 8 from last year, they seem to be struggling as well.

Mind Games
under no illusions here mate, yep we will probably be playing league 2 after the split hopefuly at the top end similar to last year.
Nice of you to finally give an honest assessment of the Brig this year before you spat the dummy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

LWB
Nice of you to say, but to be honest we were caned by your boy's. Still we seem to be getting better as the weeks go on and we should have a couple of our regulars back in the next couple of weeks.

CAM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:08 am

CAM wrote:Cheers Stooo

We have been 3 players short of our starting 8 since the season began so it's been a bit of a struggle.
We played ok last night, sayin that Molly's have lost about 4 of their starting 8 from last year, they seem to be struggling as well.

Mind Games
under no illusions here mate, yep we will probably be playing league 2 after the split hopefuly at the top end similar to last year.
Nice of you to finally give an honest assessment of the Brig this year before you spat the dummy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

LWB
Nice of you to say, but to be honest we were caned by your boy's. Still we seem to be getting better as the weeks go on and we should have a couple of our regulars back in the next couple of weeks.

Well mate Ive just got to say a MASSIVE well done to the central for a great win there. It just goes to show anything can happen in pool. No hard feelings and I apologise if I overstepped the mark. I just shouldnt use the p.c. when drunk.... drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  CAM Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:41 pm

No worries
All good banter Smile

CAM

Back to top Go down

Post  MEATHEAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:08 am

Stoo i see you missed a result out.

Auld Hoose 15-1 Blazers

i take it you werent informed

MEATHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post  MEATHEAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:59 am

terry wrote:watch oot 4 the gyle anaw they will cause a few upsets. mollys will kin aw aboot that Laughing

did you mean this for the bottom half of the league after the split. drunken lol!

MEATHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:21 am

MEATHEAD wrote:Stoo i see you missed a result out.

Auld Hoose 15-1 Blazers

Just as a matter of interest - who was the only person to lose their game?
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  MEATHEAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:17 pm

Mind Games wrote:

Auld Hoose 15-1 Blazers

george goodsir, the very first frame lol

MEATHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:37 pm

MEATHEAD wrote:
Mind Games wrote:

Auld Hoose 15-1 Blazers

george goodsir, the very first frame lol

I have a couple of questions about this did blazers have 8 players and who beat george Laughing
the score was not posted in the results section, cos the result was not phoned in by auld hoose anyone could have done it, even on the friday and there would not have been a fine
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next