Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New forum

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New forum Empty New forum

Post  STOO01 Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:20 pm

we've got a new forum, i called this forum for the good of pool cos crock (chairman till '07) always asked this just before the end of every meeting "now does anyone have anything to say for the good of pool ?"
Very Happy
I was thinking Idea the pool league (web space) needed a logo so i came up with this little number (top left) took me a couple of hours to make. anyone know what it looks like Question
if you click on it it will take you to main page where there is a HOME PAGE link to get back to pool web site. study
Goto the profile to register, log in and write messages.

anyone posting aggressive or insulting messages will have their message removed or may be banned from this site

Last edited by STOO01 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

New forum Empty Re: New forum

Post  LWB Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:45 pm

The forum and the logo are looking good mate well done.

For the good of pool I am proposing a charity event. Hopefully the league will want to pick it up but if they don't I'll most likely run it myself! So if anyone fancies playing in a competition with the following format then Post!!!

The format would be much like that of the 'Pub Pool Challenge' final. A winner stays on last man standing event where the luck of the draw will really come in to play. But if you play well enough to win three matches in a row you would then be put bigin to a draw to give you a fair chance and reward you for your good play. So it would be down to the second to last match, the winner of that game would then play the last name out of the draw (the lucky b*stard) and the winner would lift a trophy and a small amount of cash. Obviously we need to keep the prize money small as the proceeds go to charity but I think picking up maybe £30 to cover you drinks would be good. No need for a runner up prize for the potential lucky b*stard of course.

On the day itself we would also hopefully run a wee raffle to make some more cash. Feedback for entry fees would be good but I'd like to think that we could keep it small, then if it was a success we could do it again next season with some better money, for the charity that is.

Rounding up guys, if we can't play pool, get drunk, and have some good banter to help the kids then there's something wrong!!! cheers

LWB

Back to top Go down

New forum Empty rules of the game

Post  STOO01 Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:30 am

nice 8 ball lee that reminds me i was in the windsor last friday night someone told me of a situation that happened on the thursday.a singles game became a stalemate so a re-rack was agreed they tossed a coin for break (thats wrong) and set up red and yellow balls so they could play a 9 ball rack as the re-rack i had a few drinks but did this happen or wiz he taking the piss Suspect
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:19 am

Aye it's a good one eh. Found it when making a flyer for the singles league that was never passed out. It was a good flyer too! lol. The image can be found by typing '8 ball pool' in to google images.

I wish we had someone from every team registered so we could find out and clear up things like what happened at the Windsor.

LWB

Back to top Go down

New forum Empty flyers

Post  STOO01 Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:53 am

i posted in letter box at buck, the fixture list's for the buck players today 4.15 as the pub was shut i left a message to put them in the folder Surprised

Last edited by on Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

New forum Empty Re-rack

Post  joebuck Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:16 am

Yes there was a re-rack at the windsor on thursday night, Yes they racked up 9 balls for the re-rack, No they did not toss for break.

I didn't know the ruling for this in the Leven league so I kept out of it, but in our league we just play a straight re-rack with all 15 balls with the same player breaking as at the start.

But afterwards someone got the rules out of a folder and IT did state that a coin should have been tossed, didn't here any comments about the amount of balls though.
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:20 am

When I've been reffing I've let the original breaker break again so I hope that's the rule! You know that one Stoo?

Good to see you posting Joe! cheers

LWB

Back to top Go down

New forum Empty rules

Post  STOO01 Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:39 am

I think in the rules it has something about re-racks and it must be a printing error about 9 ball 9 balls .yeh joe wizi taking the piss Idea just using it as an example for the singles league what could go wrong wi using black ball rules for us players who don't know them . the rules levenmouth teams are meant to know and still make mistakes, a stalemate is a re-rack same player breaks, a foul break and it can be re-racked and 2 shots to opponent. i was speaking to arran stewart today i see he played against the buck b for the woodside in, but lost for the station v woodside cheers

Last edited by on Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

New forum Empty re rules

Post  joebuck Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:49 am

aye he helped us out to make up to 8 as we have a couple of last minute call offs, but he used to play for us anyway.

Yes his new team got a wee lesson against the Woodside Inn last week after a close 4 - 4 first set we won the second 8 - 0 for a 12 - 4 win, good victory for us as they had been going very well up to then. Cool
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

New forum Empty world champion

Post  STOO01 Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:35 am

yeh that guy fi blackpool wi the sensible hair cut won it close though,american style pool bairns game Wink
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

New forum Empty World Champion

Post  LWB Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:38 am

aye it might not be the best game to play but it's good to watch! anyone who really likes their pool should look out for the mosconi cup next month. it's like the ryder cup butit's good jocolor

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:58 am

Stoo01 wrote:I think in the rules it has something about re-racks and it must be a printing error about don't talk about it 9 balls .yeh joe wizi taking the piss Idea just using it as an example for the singles league what could go wrong wi using black ball rules for us players who don't know them . the rules levenmouth teams are meant to know and still make mistakes, a stalemate is a re-rack same player breaks, a foul break and it can be re-racked and 2 shots to opponent. i was speaking to arran stewart today i see he played against the buck b for the woodside in, but lost for the station v woodside cheers

aye arrans a good player like, was a good game we had against them last wednesday when i signed for woodside....i played piss poor and scraped 2 wins on ma debut lol!
you seem to know everyone stoo.....did he ever play leven league before??

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:15 am

no bamboozled he workes (haha i didn't mean he works but he turn up) beside me Laughing
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:47 am

Stoo01 wrote:no bamboozled he workes (haha i didn't mean he works but he turn up) beside me Laughing

and youve never tried to capture a "foreign player" of his calibre?? (thats more than likely spelt wrong but u get what im sayin anyways) lol!

if we were allowed more than 2 foreigners we would b up there with the brig but hey....thats why those rules are there Razz

Back to top Go down

New forum Empty Foreign

Post  joebuck Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:19 pm

If you don't have any ousider's stoo, then I would suggest you ask Arran, he is a top class player mate, would be a good addition.
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:34 am

joebuck wrote:If you don't have any ousider's stoo, then I would suggest you ask Arran, he is a top class player mate, would be a good addition.

dont help the buck B's competition joe Surprised lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:22 am

was he the guy I played in the first set then? the young guy with glasses?

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:11 am

Yes that was him, he lost twice on the night, but he is a very good player. Mind you Bamboozled u r right, better keep him away from the other Leven teams.
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

New forum Empty arran stewart

Post  STOO01 Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:40 am

joebuck wrote:If you don't have any ousider's stoo, then I would suggest you ask Arran, he is a top class player mate, would be a good addition.

speaking to him today his old man and him going to be woodside inn landlords Shocked
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

New forum Empty League Meetings

Post  STOO01 Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:19 am

who can attend a league meeting, do you have to be a player registered with the team you are representing or could i send my sister up with the team sheets. Laughing does it really matter No
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:05 am

Stoo01 wrote:who can attend a league meeting, do you have to be a player registered with the team you are representing or could i send my sister up with the team sheets. Laughing does it really matter No

Ca mind what team it was but a team captain sent his daughter along to a league meeting wi the team sheets a few months back....the meeting was at auld hoose windygates and she walked in 2mins before the meeting ended lol

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:47 am

bambooozled wrote:
Stoo01 wrote:who can attend a league meeting, do you have to be a player registered with the team you are representing or could i send my sister up with the team sheets. Laughing does it really matter No

Ca mind what team it was but a team captain sent his daughter along to a league meeting wi the team sheets a few months back....the meeting was at auld hoose windygates and she walked in 2mins before the meeting ended lol

yes thats right but the buck b never had a player at the last meeting and crock wanted to be the reprosentative but got refused
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:56 am

As it's the new year i gave the main site a slight makeover toned it down a bit i think its more conservative not so grundgi. Neutral hope it aint to boring looking, i changeed it to look less cluttered.
The new forum has been up for 61 days (2 month) now since 4 november 2007 with 11 registered users (so get registered) with a total views of all comments standing at 3,691 clicks. affraid
And this is the 500 posted message some of use and some just posts full of carry on Laughing
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:17 pm

Stoo01 wrote:As it's the new year i gave the main site a slight makeover toned it down a bit i think its more conservative not so grundgi. Neutral hope it aint to boring looking, i changeed it to look less cluttered.
The new forum has been up for 61 days (2 month) now since 4 november 2007 with 11 registered users (so get registered) with a total views of all comments standing at 3,691 clicks. affraid
And this is the 500 posted message some of use and some just posts full of carry on Laughing

Not just pool stats ya give us Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:08 am

full draw for 75 ball trophy has been made and is posted within the singles league posts.....funnily enough under the 75 baw topic Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum