Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long Night 1st Round

3 posters

Go down

Long Night 1st Round Empty Long Night 1st Round

Post  STOO01 Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:48 pm

had a look at the 1st rd draw if all the teams turn up it looks like being a long night, especially the venues with 1 qualifier from 7 teams Surprised
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Long Night 1st Round Empty Re: Long Night 1st Round

Post  Guest Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:46 am

still havent even seen the draw yet Shocked where are you at stoo??
we havent played completely strong doubles this year....just mixed it up a bit so should be good banter What a Face

Back to top Go down

Long Night 1st Round Empty doubles 22 nov

Post  STOO01 Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:23 am

ok bamboozled we had a draw after the 100 ball 1st rd, skins/stoo - terry/lav at the tassie, i've had a look at the venues and it will be tough for everyone but i think the tassie is the toughest venue. 2 den A teams, 1 brig, 1 maxwells, 1 douglas ,and 2 blazers how unlucky are we Question
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:16 pm

Stoo01 wrote:ok bamboozled we had a draw after the 100 ball 1st rd, skins/stoo - terry/lav at the tassie, i've had a look at the venues and it will be tough for everyone but i think the tassie is the toughest venue. 2 den A teams, 1 brig, 1 maxwells, 1 douglas ,and 2 blazers how unlucky are we Question

strong doubles team uv got there stoo, still got no idea where im going to be.....i think we r going to have to draw it at random to save arguments as well....only fair i think.

still havent seen the draw tho....no way of the draw being somehow put on the site or that too much faffin aboot?? lol! im playin doubles wi ma nephew who has only really started getting into pool this year and this is his first season.....hopefully he will play as well as he does in bounce games Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:50 am

So its just me thats gave my venue away no 1 else wants the big challenge pale
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:30 am

I have no idea where our teams are venued, all I know is that the Windsor A entered 4 teams and all are at venues where only one team qualifies, we r so lucky Mad

On top of that two of our teams are at the same venue, even luckier Mad Mad pale

We will pick our teams next week and sort out venues. Our captain thinks we r mushrooms, keeping us all in the dark, don't want the opposition knowing where we r all going do we Question
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:06 am

Stoo01 wrote:So its just me thats gave my venue away no 1 else wants the big challenge pale

Sorry stoo i didnt know my venue until we done a random draw last night before we beat windsor B Laughing
im happy to give away my venue as im never too fussed about the doubles competition ..... me and michael will be at the windsor venue.

cant give u the rest of the buck B's teams venues as im not sure they would appreciate it so ill leave it for them to decide if they want to post it Very Happy

Joe i think u should get urself into the windsor venue and we can have some banter lol! plus then if we beat ur team i can gloat at the widdy Razz hehe just jokin bud lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:41 am

Doubles this week does anyone think theve got it sewn up ? easy draw or fucked.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:31 pm

Think I have one of the worst draws tonight at the empire. Not sure what teams are there now but I know last week that was the one nobody wanted. cheers

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:29 am

LWB1983 wrote:Think I have one of the worst draws tonight at the empire. Not sure what teams are there now but I know last week that was the one nobody wanted. cheers

Well LWB if u r going to the Empire there will b a big q to get there to play u. study jocolor geek
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:30 am

We have last seasons champions and runner-ups in the doubles tonight at the tassie bounce
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Long Night 1st Round Empty Qualifier from the windsor

Post  Guest Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:07 am

Qualifier from the windsor was the Buck B team of scott spencer/michael bryant

almost lost to the empire team but had a peach of a fluked black......bamboozled played like a tottie........i was carried i admit it lol!

how did everyone else get on??

p.s. stoo by time we got finished i just wanted my bed as im up at half 4 for work so ill have to get the singles league cash another night....i tried to fone ya on my way home to see if u were still at the tassie

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:13 pm

Maxwells ans either the denn inn A or the AHW qualified from the empire.

Me and tich were absoloutly dyer. The worst match I've ever been involved in. In the end we were beaten by an extremely lucky shot or two. They were snookered on the black, managed to hit the black, which then hit the top cush, side cush and went in the opposite side pocket.

But them there's the breaks, we had ou chance to finish it and never took it and got we we deserved, and Maxwells got the win they deserved, so well done to them.
There was a problem at the empire, the racks were not tight at all, and all three games were slow and boring beacause even with a hard break it never split at all, we gotta get some tight racks if we want to play some good pool. Nobody wants to get involved in a match like that was.

Well done Bamboo.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Long Night 1st Round Empty Push shot

Post  Guest Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:56 am

doubles against the empire last nite in our first match....score was 1-0 to empire at this time:
richard dods was less than a centimetre from the object ball with the cueball and he managed to use enough top spin to get right around the table.....and the push shot wasnt called by the ref even tho everyone watching all agreed with me.........maybe i was wrong and richard dods is just so amazing at pool he can do the impossible?? Evil or Very Mad lol

worked out ok tho coz it got me really pissed off and i tend to play better when im annoyed wi summin haha Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:09 am

More bad decisions at the AHW, a guy was moaning all night about this and that time etc. then when we played them it was 1 - 1 and he asked to have the ref replaced as he thought he was useless.

Part of his plan maybe Question Well I was on a clearance I cue'd over the black to pot my last colour and a foul is called, the new ref said I touched the black with my cue Question

Me, My partner and two other's watching say nothing, but ref, two opponents say yes Question The worst was this podgy guy sitting in the corner behind me managed to see it move through the back of me am I that transparant Question

So if this is pool in Leven, then I am disgusted with this sort of sportsmanship.

Stiched up comes to mind Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Can someone answer this scenario, last night after a player broke and he potted nothing and was due to nominate the ref told him that he could discuss the nomination with his partner. Is this correct Question
Maybe a Leven thing but I have not heard of this before. Neutral

Last edited by on Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:30 am

Everyone's got a chance of winning the doubles this season cos all the blazers are out Sad
we had the 3 finalists from last seasons doubles at my venue with douglas and maxwells, the brig didnt turn up i thought we would have taken longer to complete the games but ended round about 10.30 with the 2 finalist (Den Inn) from last season winning through to round 2 .
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:55 am

LWB1983 wrote:Maxwells ans either the denn inn A or the AHW qualified from the empire.

Me and tich were absoloutly dyer. The worst match I've ever been involved in. In the end we were beaten by an extremely lucky shot or two. They were snookered on the black, managed to hit the black, which then hit the top cush, side cush and went in the opposite side pocket.

But them there's the breaks, we had ou chance to finish it and never took it and got we we deserved, and Maxwells got the win they deserved, so well done to them.
There was a problem at the empire, the racks were not tight at all, and all three games were slow and boring beacause even with a hard break it never split at all, we gotta get some tight racks if we want to play some good pool. Nobody wants to get involved in a match like that was.

Well done Bamboo.

Told u that u would struggle LWB without Bamboo to hold ur hand. jocolor
Lucky shot Question Thats why it is the best of 3 Cool
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:21 am

Actually it was a lucky shot it both! Hard to bare lol. If bamboo played then we'd still be out as he was pish last night lol cheers

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:31 am

LWB1983 wrote:Actually it was a lucky shot it both! Hard to bare lol. If bamboo played then we'd still be out as he was pish last night lol cheers

got to agree the mans got a good point there lol! hopefully i wont be a bottler in the next round lol!
2 buck B teams got thru that i know of...havent heard from one of our other teams so it might be 3 but no-one has heard from them.
shocked that all the blazers are out tho......hopefully we will draw some den inn teams in the doubles next round Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:41 am

had a thought about the doubles there.....in the dunfermline pool league im playing doubles with someone who isnt in my team...infact his team isnt even in the same division as me.
would be really interestin to see what doubles teams you got if you were able to do this thru here Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:43 am

yes or if you were drawn with someone like guidy (good luck) saying that they were in the semi of the doubles last year but never turned up .i want guidy Cool
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:46 am

Stoo01 wrote:yes or if you were drawn with someone like guidy (good luck) saying that they were in the semi of the doubles last year but never turned up .i want guidy Cool

id love to have the jammiest player in fife (possibly in the world) as my doubles partner........good idea i mite sign for the buck a next year just so i can win the doubles lol!

Back to top Go down

Long Night 1st Round Empty 2nd round draw

Post  Guest Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:55 am

2nd round of the doubles shows a venue with 1 den inn A team and 3 brig teams there.... Laughing
another venue id have to say its between james anderson/alan mcwillams and baba/partner at the other venue with 2 smaller teams like AHB and another there cant remember.

ive been drawn at maxwells with 2 buck A teams and an AHW team....probably the best draw i could have hoped for but i think id have 1 of the buck A teams down as favourite to qualify from my venue.....hopefully ill be wrong tho Cool Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum