Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackball rules

4 posters

Go down

Blackball rules Empty Blackball rules

Post  STOO01 Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:36 pm

I was on the East Neuk web site and seen there changing from world rules to blackball rules, they only changed maybe 2 years ago from the rules we play in our league and now they want blackball rules, the rules we want
they have received a post from ross mcinnss development officer for SPA
if there changing to new rules whats the problem with leven changing

see what he posted on the EastNeukWebsite
http://eastneuk.leaguepool.org.uk/?p=forum&action=view&id=629&end=1&paws_session=adfe35b4912eb657c384b1c506c4f7d4

ross interview on rules https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79IIZqQ3XHU
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Blackball rules Empty Re: Blackball rules

Post  Ross McInnes Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:55 am

At the present time East Neuk have not yet said that they are changing to BB rules.

I hope that when I have meet with who ever on Thursday the 11th I can convince them to not only change to BB rules but also to join the SPA.

On that matter I would also like to try and convince your league to do the same.

The SPA could offer your players great tournaments to play in, if they wanted but in no way do the SPA try and tell any league what to do in any way shape or form except play BB rules.

Your league is your league, the SPA give you tournaments to play in and if any of your players are really good then the chance to play at National and International will be there.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Ross McInnes

Ross McInnes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:48 am

glad youve joined the site ross, see if the league was to get spa affilaited, would the league need to wait till the meetin which i think is in about august time or that or just when our season starts?? as ive played in the super 15s with the ddpl and super 11s with efpl i was maybe lookin to put a team in to the super 15s in november from levenmouth but if we had to wait until that meetin it would probably be to late to put a team i think?? is that the case ross??

brian thomson

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross McInnes Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:40 am

A league can join in any part of the season.

If you look up the SPA site you will see on the left side of the home page a calender of events, these events are on at those dates but the entry date/fee are paid at the meeting or two before.

Lke I said I would love to come along and meet your committee, you can join and the SPA would not ask you to change your rules until you finish your season.

The SPA would pay for Refs to come up and explain to your players the rules over one day, give them chances of playing where the refs are in attendance and hopefully show them how easy they are to play.

Any other questions just post on here and I will answer them.

Ross McInnes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:49 am

thats a big help ross cause i think at our meetins there are a few captains from teams no so sure about changin to blackball rules but the people that are goin to the meetins have never played them so are not sure about playin them, the likes of me, spencer and mike mchale are playin them just now and tryin to get it pushed forward for levenmouth to change to them. and like you say players can enter more tournaments and have the chance to maybe play international pool like me and spencer played in the isle of man. problem with this league is there sayin it is a social league and arent up for changes, i think the rules will get changed tho by majority vote. how much does it cost to affilait with spa and where are the meetins held ross?

brian thomson

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross McInnes Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:23 pm

Membership is £50 per year.

All meetings are held at the Ex Servicemens Club Rosyth.

Understand the social side of the league, in truth the SPA have around 17000 players, of these only about 1500/2000 play at a level above league pool, so you can see most leagues are just social, boys go out for a drink and a game of pool with their mates once a week.

For the ones who want to try and play pool at Superleague level and individuals who want to try and play against the best Scotland has to offer, they can by joining the SPA, this way the leagues have both.

Like I said before the SPA does not in anyway interfere with any league but it can help leagues if they so wish in many ways.

BB rules are very easy to learn but as I saw in another post, they are all about potting, some league matchs that took 4/5 hours before using the old rules now only take half that time, so the publican is not so happy but they still get a good night.

Ross McInnes

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:28 am

Compensation can be made for quicker games by increasing the amount of frames played in a match, thus the publican does not lose out on time spent in his pub.

ie

Leven play 8 x singles and then 3 doubles

EFPL play 2 sets of 8 singles

So further changes can be made once rules are bedded in and players see whats happening Exclamation

Onto meetings:-

29th March 2010 at Kirkland

26th April 2010

PRESENTATION: Friday 28th May 2010 Maxwells 8pm

AGM: Sunday 30th May 2010

Above is what is left of the meetings for this current season, so would suggest that someone in authority send an invitation for Ross to attend either the 29 March meeting or the 26 April meeting, he will then be able to answer any questions that captains may have and give his advice.

STOO

Maybe u can sort out an invite for Ross Question

Post on website or PM him, if he is free I think he would gladly come along Cool
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:25 am

ok i gave mark brodie the pool chairman a text about the blackball rules and hopefully he can contact ross mcinnes through this forum if he feals it could help
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross McInnes Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:10 am

The 29th would be ok by me if you want me to come along.

I come back from the tournament in Catalonia on the Sunday at some time, so I am available.

Ross McInnes

Back to top Go down

Blackball rules Empty blackball rules

Post  the waterboy Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:26 am

Ross McInnes wrote:The 29th would be ok by me if you want me to come along.

I come back from the tournament in Catalonia on the Sunday at some time, so I am available.

Ross you would be more than welcome to attend our monthly meeting on the 29th.....this meeting is in the Kirkland bar in Methil .....meeting starts at 8.00pm and usually last about 30 minutes

regards

Mark Brodie
the waterboy
the waterboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross McInnes Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:40 am

Will do can you just e mail me again as I come back on the Sunday before and will by that time have a lot on.

Cheers Ross

Ross McInnes

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:52 am

I think a couple of guys from SPA are coming along to go through the black ball rules this thursday at the Douglas
this will be of use to everyone even the boys that feel they know the rules as well as those that are new to the rules, asking questions can be of help to all
I missed a call from mark brodie but skins phoned about this canny mind what time 7.45 or 8pm i think he said but it is Thusday 12 august at Douglas for sure
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:18 pm

ok I wasn't at the douglas last week to ask the question, when snookered you have to say to the ref total snooker if you cant see any of your balls and not have to hit a cushion after hitting your colour, but if you dont say this and hit one of your balls and hit a cushion after that is it still a foul ?
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:16 am

STOO01 wrote:ok I wasn't at the douglas last week to ask the question, when snookered you have to say to the ref total snooker if you cant see any of your balls and not have to hit a cushion after hitting your colour, but if you dont say this and hit one of your balls and hit a cushion after that is it still a foul ?

No. Basically it is up to u to call total or not, u r the one playing the shot and u may feel that the type of shot u r going to play will make no difference if u call total or not.

But if u do not call total and don't hit a cushion then that is a foul.
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:03 am

joebuck wrote:
STOO01 wrote:ok I wasn't at the douglas last week to ask the question, when snookered you have to say to the ref total snooker if you cant see any of your balls and not have to hit a cushion after hitting your colour, but if you dont say this and hit one of your balls and hit a cushion after that is it still a foul ?

No. Basically it is up to u to call total or not, u r the one playing the shot and u may feel that the type of shot u r going to play will make no difference if u call total or not.

But if u do not call total and don't hit a cushion then that is a foul.

so if it is a total and you dont call but hit one of my balls and hit a cushion after that it ok then
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:36 am

Think the answer to that is obvious Exclamation

If u hit one of ur opponents balls it would be a foul, regardless of a cushion being hit or not.

Rule:-

If u r totally snookered and u do not call total, u play the shot and hit ur own ball and make contact with a cushion after the contact than all is ok. No foul.
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:00 am

Would have thought there would have been some sort of learning period in operation with the new rules in and lots of players confused and learning Question

Was this discussed at the AGM Question

Douglas player gets 2 shots, asked to lift white to baulk, he places white and then moves it with his cue shaft, right away the Auld Hoose jump in and take 2 shots, that changed a frame that was clearly heading in the direction of the Douglas, Douglas player was clearly unaware of the rule change.

What kind of sportsmanship is this Question

Their answer was, 6 weeks is long enough to learn the rules Embarassed
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Mon May 07, 2012 12:37 am

Blackball rules have now been used for 2 seasons now

the rule total snooker some players are not aware what this means
on a couple of occasions a ref has given a total snooker to a player when the object ball can be seen
a ref has said to me, i thought if you could see it was still a total snooker
why does the player tell the ref "total" or "total snooker" its because its a snooker

The Rules
http://stoo01.webs.com/blackballrules2010.htm

5g Failure to escape SNOOKERS by stricking an ‘on’ball.
A player is considered snookered when it is deemed impossible to hit any part of a ball ‘on’ by way of a straight line shot.
In escaping from a snooker the player need only cause the cue ball to contact an ‘on’ ball.

It is Not necessary to pot a ball or cause any ball to contact a cushion after escaping a snooker.

Players should seek confirmation of the snooker from an opponent, referee or official before playing a shot

STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:19 pm

checked the rules on a couple of issues that came up recently

LAGGING PROCEDURE Balls should be of equal size and weight.
Ideally use two cue balls, but when unavailable two object balls.
With ‘ball in hand’ behind the baulk line, one player to the left and one to the right of the table, balls are struck simultaneously towards the top cushion to return as close as possible to the baulk cushion. The player whose ball comes to rest closest to the edge of the baulk cushion wins.

It is automatic loss of the lag if a ball…
(a) Crosses into the opponents half of the table
(b) Fails to contact the top cushion.
(c) Drops into a pocket.
(d) Jumps from the table.
(e) Touches a side cushion.
(f) Comes to rest on the playing surface within the area of a pocket past the nose of the baulk cushion
Players will lag again if both players fall victim to automatic loss of lag rules or the referee is unable to determine which ball is closer.

4c PLAYING FROM BAULK
(a) The cue ball must be in baulk when a shot is played. If the centre of the ball is on the baulk line this is deemed in baulk.
(b) The cue ball must be moved only by hand. Not with the shaft of the cue. The player may continue to adjust the position of the cue ball by hand until a shot is played. If the cue ball is touched with the tip of the cue a shot is deemed to have been played and it is a foul if it does not meet the requirements of a legal shot. (Rule 5d).
(c) The cue ball may be played in any direction.
After a foul, if the player decides to play from baulk, position the cue ball without touching any other ball.
It is a foul, If during placement, the cue ball touches another ball.

lagging white stays on table but goes in between the rails - foul
break off, foul after moving white with cue , no mention of it being ok from start of game Terry !
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:02 pm

Probably find that Teery is correct Stoo lad!

www.scottishpool.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=2563&pid=74128#post_74128

See SPA website Very Happy
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:54 pm

joebuck wrote:Probably find that Terry is correct Stoo lad!

www.scottishpool.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=2563&pid=74128#post_74128

See SPA website Very Happy

ok joe i have read your coments on the other web site and if that is the rule i am sorry terry he did say he was told the rule by someone , thats how you learn the rules
another nonsense rule , why have a rule that penalises players from playing from baulk and not on the break , why bother having the rule it just makes there being more chance of having an argument about nothing really

joe is the other rule about lagging correct when landing in the bag on the baze but not potting the white ?
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:17 pm

That rule will be correct Stoo, u can only hit top and bottom cushions on lag, if ball comes to rest in pocket area that is loss of lag
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down