Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekly Pridictions

+7
Sean
redbeard
Baldy
ayeright
joebuck
LWB
STOO01
11 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Weekly Pridictions Empty Weekly Pridictions

Post  STOO01 Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:08 am

Yes 2 weeks to go and i predict - Argyle 7-4 auld hoose. blazers 8-3 tassie, brig 6-5 buck b, buck a 7-4 Windsor a, den inn b 6-5 auld hoose b, maxwells 7-4 empire, den inn a 9-2 sunbeam, toll 7-4 kirkland, windsor b 6-5 douglas, should be close games at brig, buck a, den b, empire, toll, and windsor b i think scratch

Last edited by on Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Weekly Pridictions Empty Doubles

Post  LWB Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:06 pm

This weeks prediction for me has to be that a Buck B team will make the next round of the doubles, unlike the 3man team! cyclops We've split things up a bit but still hopefully we'll don enough for one team to make the grade this time scratch

LWB

Back to top Go down

Weekly Pridictions Empty Re: Weekly Pridictions

Post  joebuck Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:45 am

Aye LWB, Bamboozled thinks he has a great chance as he is no playing wi u. Laughing

Next League Predictions:-

Argyle 7 - 4 AHW
Blazers 7 - 4 S Tass
Brig 5 - 6 Buck B
Buck A 5 - 6 Windsor A
Denn B 5 - 6 AHB
Empire 5 - 6 Maxwells
Sunbeam 2 - 9 Denn A
Toll 8 - 3 Kirkland
Windsor B 8 - 3 Douglas

Last edited by on Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:49 am

That must have been someone else carrying his ass on thursday to win the match against the Windsor then! king but hey if him and his partner play me and mine we shall see lol. Nah just foolin it was a team effort of course... jocolor

I see you are predicting us to beat the Brig, good to se someone thinks so anyway cheers

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  ayeright Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:31 am

Predictions

Argyle 8 - 3 AHW
Blazers 8 - 3 S Tass
Brig 8 - 3 Buck B
Buck A 7 - 4 Windsor A
Denn B 6 - 5 AHB
Empire 7 - 4 Maxwells
Sunbeam 1 - 10 Denn A
Toll 7 - 4 Kirkland
Windsor B 7 - 4 Douglas

Are you being serious predicting the Buck B to beat the brig on Thursday JoeBuck??

I wouldn't be surprised if the brig had it won after the singles!!

ayeright

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:40 am

joebuck wrote:Aye LWB, Bamboozled thinks he has a great chance as he is no playing wi u. Laughing

nice Wink
gotta admit tho....lwb's shot to get out of the snooker and still leave the black on the cushion against the winnie b was fookin superb Laughing

but it does make a change from me carrying u...... lol!

im going to try and be an optimist against the brig as all the big teams are there to be beaten and altho they do have the best team.....it can still happen.....just a bit gutted that i wont be playing against them as iv found out that i wont be able to shift swap so ill just have to be available for maybe the last doubles game or something if even that....and also if it goes as far as that pirat

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:19 am

bambooozled wrote:
joebuck wrote:Aye LWB, Bamboozled thinks he has a great chance as he is no playing wi u. Laughing

nice Wink
gotta admit tho....lwb's shot to get out of the snooker and still leave the black on the cushion against the winnie b was fookin superb Laughing

but it does make a change from me carrying u...... lol!

im going to try and be an optimist against the brig as all the big teams are there to be beaten and altho they do have the best team.....it can still happen.....just a bit gutted that i wont be playing against them as iv found out that i wont be able to shift swap so ill just have to be available for maybe the last doubles game or something if even that....and also if it goes as far as that pirat

Well thats a blow one of the best buck players oot o action, Brig might just edge it 6 - 5 in that case. Think the main problem in this league is that most teams are already beat before they play the BRIG, they are a good solid team no doubt about it, but unbeatable they are not!! study
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:46 am

It is a shame that the league is not more competetive. Would be great if we could start next year with three or four teams capable of winning the league. Mind you we do have a great race for third this year, which is in my opinion between Blazers, Winnie B, and our wee selves.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:27 am

LWB1983 wrote:It is a shame that the league is not more competetive. Would be great if we could start next year with three or four teams capable of winning the league. Mind you we do have a great race for third this year, which is in my opinion between Blazers, Winnie B, and our wee selves.

What u talking about it is compeditive, Buck r only 3 points behind and they play the Brig next match, what more do you want Question

But ur right in the fact that the Brig have it sewn up, over the years it looks like they have takin all the best players and got them in one team, then the outsider rule only 2 allowed Question Brig have it even more sewn up as u have to breed talent to take them on. scratch
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:35 am

how many outside players r u allowed in glenrothes, come on the brig are no superstars they are a good team but not all the best in the league,ask them they even tell u they aint the best players but they play for each other they are a team .look at the other competitions last year doubles,3 man,5 man,even the captain vice no where. won the league and singles runner-up 100 ball.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:05 am

I'd have to agree that the brig doesn't have all the best players, and maybe even invidually the denn might have better, they did last year I'd say. But aye the brig boys always play well on the night. Basketball

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:59 am

Stoo01 wrote:how many outside players r u allowed in glenrothes, come on the brig are no superstars they are a good team but not all the best in the league,ask them they even tell u they aint the best players but they play for each other they are a team .look at the other competitions last year doubles,3 man,5 man,even the captain vice no where. won the league and singles runner-up 100 ball.

No limit on outsiders in the Glenrothes league, may come in the future who knows, I know it was spoken about a few years ago but came to nothing.

Any team from the Leven league that fancy playing in the Glenrothes league on a Wednesday can easily do it, all u need to do is find a pub in the area that will let u play there and u can bring ur whole team. Smile
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:07 am

A whole team could move to a glenrothes pub thats interesting
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:59 am

Stoo01 wrote:A whole team could move to a glenrothes pub thats interesting

Yes that is correct, as long as they are in the League catchment area. Milton of Balgonie and Markinch are close for u boys, but any pub that has a space and is willing to take u would do, just need to come up and nose around and speak to landlords.

Pub in markinch is owned by the same boy as the Windsor, Dave Slater works there, they have a table with no team for starters, could get in touch with the Windsor dude and take it from there.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy geek
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:12 am

if this was to happen who would i play for.....joe's woodside team or stoo's leven allstars team?? Razz
hehe!!

brig definately dont have the best players in the league playing for them....they r all good no doubt about it....they always take their chances and i also think the other teams maybe give away frames with nerves because its the brig they are against but what stoo says about them being a TEAM and not all individual good players like the den inn are and i also think the brig win more because they dont take it as serious as the den do.

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:48 am

I think eventually it's in our own hands how far this league goes. In my opinion the league is getting better but obviously quite slowly. Nobody would have thought this time last year that we would be arranging a singles league and have all the results and fixtures for that and the league itself on the internet for all to see.

Changing to black ball rules would be a step forward, as the rules encourage better quality of pool.

It would be very interesting to see a team of Leven boys going to play in Glenrothes next season, think if the right players went then they would be very close to the top of that league.

The singles league will be a good forum for players who really like their pool to talk about what would be good for the league too. That could be a catalyst for a change too. cheers

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:13 am

yeah but theres the thing....the singles league has nothing at all to do with levenmouth pool league so it isnt a step forward for levenmouth pool league because they wanted nothing to do with it all.
Any proposed changed to the way things are run always get voted out at the meetings....more so the AGM and i seriously doubt that will ever change.....i hope im wrong tho....

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:35 am

Don't know the history of the Leven committee or that, but it sounds like new blood is needed in that department, things DO need to change from time to time as long as the change is for the better.

LWB and Bamboo, u guys are both young and maybe should be puting ur names forward for the league committee, not to take over but just to add new ideas to the old heads, santa rendeer
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:37 am

joebuck wrote:Don't know the history of the Leven committee or that, but it sounds like new blood is needed in that department, things DO need to change from time to time as long as the change is for the better.

LWB and Bamboo, u guys are both young and maybe should be puting ur names forward for the league committee, not to take over but just to add new ideas to the old heads, santa rendeer

lol not sure about lwb but i would be voted clean out of that anyways Razz
used to be too serious before i grew up......a little anyways haha lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:43 am

Yes of course the singles league is seperate but it is also ran by the players of the levenmouth league and all the players are from the league. So although there is no assocition between the two, in real terms there might aswell be.

I think this committee is new actually, but in my opinion their not the problem, there isn't much of a problem actually I don't think. There is a case that some want our league to ne comparible to the EFPL or the kirk league and some don't bother. Some are happy to play once a week to see their mates and have a drink and others think of pool as their hobby.

I've only been to a couple of meetings this year but I'm sure the committee does a fine job. I wouldn't go for a committe place, I'd want to make too many changes that would get chucked, probably bom .

Get rid of the doubles, change to black ball rules. If not take out the doubles then get a grip with the time it takes by cutting it to 2 games, and take out the daft touching the table rule. That rule is written as taking control of the table and most ref's define taking control of the table as leaning on it while walking to your mate or brushing it while picking up chalk, load of bollocks but there we go! At least it speeds the game up! I'd also want to see the league switched to 2 divisions as games between the top and bottom teams right now are over before they start. But hey we all have our opinions eh.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:04 am

The Leven league is not alone, the EFPL have changed things over the past couple of years, either to speed things up or whatever.
We used to play 8 singles and 4 doubles and the rules that u play now, but some matches were going past midnight on a regular basis. To many people snookering for no reason and to much talking in the doubles.
We started a summer league a few seasons ago for players that wanted to play, this proved to to a good thing as things were tried in this league as it only lasted 9 - 10 weeks, first season was singles only at 2 sets of 6 with the rules that Leven play now, second season was the same 2 x 6 but with black ball rules, then last season we had 3 x 6 with Blackball.

Our main league has seen changes also from moving to the blackball rules and the following have also been tried over the last few seasons:-

8 singles then 4 doubles with blackball, night was over to quick.

8 singles, 2 doubles then 4 singles in a nights match, a player could only play twice max.

to the present 2 x 8 singles, no doubles at all.

Changing things is not the end of the world but what u need to think about is once changed u must run for a whole season and if it is the wrong change it's a long haul.

I personally do not see much wrong with the Leven set up. The only thing that I would probably change is the line up,
8 singles followed by 3 doubles is a poor set up, should try at least to get a team of 8 two games a night. Why no have 8 singles and 4 doubles Question , nothing wrong with a draw Exclamation
Two leagues is a good shout if the league has been strong in number's for a few years, what u don't want is to split the leagues and then find number's dwindling and have to go back.

EFPL thought of splitting their league into two, but the weaker teams did not want it, they like the challenge of playing the good teams, so this year they are trying a split halfway through.

Format:- Play all teams once, split the league into two, teams keep points earned from first half, then play each other twice.

Will it work, who knows Question But it is being tried anyway.
santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer study
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:38 am

I think just blatantly copying the EFPL format is the way to go boys lol.

We played this format against the Woodside in a friendly and I think it's better. It works out better in every way really. Unless anyone is particularly fond of doubles? Not saying there's anything wrong with liking doubles, but maybe the majority would be happy to swap them for another set of 8. This will not take longer, especially if we switched to blackball rules, which is an easy transition, as Joe has pointed out. I think it would be more fun and that's what it's all aboot.

Also splitting the league half way through is a good idea, although I would preffer two leagues from the start it's more realistic to have the split. cheers

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:20 pm

if we split the league in 2 from the start then we would never come up against joe's windsor A team too eh Razz
just kiddin joe lol! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:16 am

bambooozled wrote:

if this was to happen who would i play for.....joe's woodside team or stoo's leven allstars team?? Razz
hehe!!

brig definately dont have the best players in the league playing for them....they r all good no doubt about it....they always take their chances and i also think the other teams maybe give away frames with nerves because its the brig they are against but what stoo says about them being a TEAM and not all individual good players like the den inn are and i also think the brig win more because they dont take it as serious as the den do.

Well if it is an even split at 9 and 9, then we would just crawl in at the mo, if u need help working it out Bamboo 9 + 9 = 18, 18 teams in the league.

1 Brig Tavern
2 Buck'n'Hynd B
3 Den Inn A
4 Blazers
5 Argyle Bar
6 Windsor B
7 Douglas Arms
8 Buck'n'Hynd A
9 Windsor A

10 Empire Bar
11 Den Inn B
12 Silver Tassie