Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Someone explain!!

5 posters

Go down

Someone explain!! Empty Someone explain!!

Post  Baldy Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:21 am

How come the Buck get two venues in the 100 Ball on the same night. Are the rules changed to suit certain people / pubs? The rule has always been that the table you play on in the league is the table you play on for everything. We've played both Buck teams at the Buck and played on the same table both times.

Seems rules change depending which pub it affects. Ask Stevie Maxwell, He tried to get a final on his table in the hall through the back and got refused cause it wasn't played on in the league. There were all sorts of reasons thrown in at meetings by the then chairman why this wasn't allowed!!!

Think the Buck have nicked someone elses home venue here.

Just the usual crap to suit the certain few!!!
Baldy
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

Back to top Go down

Someone explain!! Empty Re: Someone explain!!

Post  STOO01 Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:59 am

yes i've played in the league for a few years now and the buck have never been allowed to play on 2 tables ,what has changed this year theyve had 2 teams before Question
it was brought up at the last meeting no comment from any commity member Suspect
i remember the maxwell thing the big hall would have been an ace venue on the main floor, they did play in the big hall up stairs for a while the heating was a problem.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lwb Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:40 pm

I've missed the last couple of meetings so I'm a wee bit in the dark on this one. What I do know is that the B team are now playing on the 2nd table and will do so forever more, and this has had little or nothing to do with us and probably more to do with the committee and our ex chairman.

lwb

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:03 pm

Baldy wrote:How come the Buck get two venues in the 100 Ball on the same night. Are the rules changed to suit certain people / pubs? The rule has always been that the table you play on in the league is the table you play on for everything. We've played both Buck teams at the Buck and played on the same table both times.

Seems rules change depending which pub it affects. Ask Stevie Maxwell, He tried to get a final on his table in the hall through the back and got refused cause it wasn't played on in the league. There were all sorts of reasons thrown in at meetings by the then chairman why this wasn't allowed!!!

Think the Buck have nicked someone elses home venue here.

Just the usual crap to suit the certain few!!!

Buck A and B team now playing league games on different tables but as for the 100ball thing arguments might be understandable but the league is no longer run by rab so i dont understand why people think rules are being bent to suit certain few.
havent been at any of the meetings lately coz of work so also in the dark about this and also didnt know about maxwells trying to get a venue like that before.....the back hall in maxwells would be a great venue in my opinion for something like that and i think maybe if brought up properly maybe we can get that rule about the table having to be used in the league to be allowed to be used for finals etc changed as im sure most will agree its a pretty daft rule to have.

Jokers in dunfermline hold the division singles and other tournaments through in the DDPL and they have 2 tables upstairs and only 1 of them is used for league games but for the finals they have a big hall downstairs and they rent 4 top quality tables in for events and its a brilliant venue.....something like this would be good in leven in my opinion jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:25 pm

I think any complaint about the 2nd table being used is fair, but only if the table is unsuitable to play on.

I agree with Bamboo, the mistake was not letting maxwells have the venue at the time, not giving the buck the venue this time.

Nah just kiddin, we secretly have the committe in our pockets! a pie and a pint twice a season and they'll basically do whatever we want! MUAHAHAHAHAH jocolor

Nah I can see how that could look bad, but at the end of the day it's down to the committee and if they're favouring us then god knows why but lucky us.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:31 am

Glad you're playing on different tables now. That allows the two venues in the 100 ball as is happened. It should have been like that from the start of the season though to save any conflict.

With regards preferential treatment to the Buck B. No-one in their right mind believes the Buck B team has any influence on the committe decisions.

What does happen though is that certain landlords and committe members have influences and look to benefit their pubs rather than the pool league. Once this is realised and every pub gets fair treatment, the league will run with a lot less hassle!!!
Baldy
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:34 am

well we never ever said u were in ur right mind jocolor

well about the maxwells buck thing thats a fair point but in the end i think we all know they got it wrong when they said no to maxwells so maybe maxwells should try again for something like this....not saying it would work but could at least try. i think the only difference would be that buck has 2 playable tables with 2 teams and maxwells only has 1 team but who knows.

At least they didnt make the same mistake again so maybe things will change, still think this should be brought up at the AGM for next year and get that stupid rule about a table having to be played on in the league to be considered eligible for finals etc...... As long as whatever table they use is level(ish) and is playable i dont see why there should be a problem and i think maxwells would be an excellent venue! scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:02 pm

Yep can't disagree baldy, we should have been playing on different tables. That would have saved the bother and kept us all right. But aye at least we're playing on that table now and that should also mean that we have two very good tables in there. They are both going to be re-clothed soon, unfortunately my request to have at least one changed to green was not well received by Rab! lol.

While we're on this subject though, I think that obviously maxwells would be a great venue with a decent table through the back for a final, and whether there's league games being played on that table or not it shouldn't matter as long as the table is up to league standards. Just my opinion but why not eh cheers

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:59 am

First of all the Buck a and the Buck b r two different teams, it's the same with any pub with two teams. First of all I don't know how this works for allocating venues.
So if it is drawn out then why shouldn't both teams from a pub both get a home tie? If a is drawn at home then it is unfair on b to have to play away.

Anyway the solution here is to have Neutral venue's for everything outside of league business.

Now that was not hard to work out was it?

santa santa santa santa santa santa rendeer
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  ayeright Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:00 pm

Don't you worry about that Baldy!!

We'll be bringing the 100ball trophy back to the Windsor with us at the end of the season, just like we did (about 6 years ago) to the Tassie eh.

Buck A is not a terrible draw, they're pretty good but I'm glad we've no got the Brig unlike the A team haha

ayeright

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:31 am

ah ayeright is windsor is he, i thought you played for the argyle Surprised
i think the draw is made for all the rounds so blazers or douglas play sunbeam or den a and so on.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum