Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pool Rules

+4
BABA
Baldy
joebuck
STOO01
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pool Rules Empty Pool Rules

Post  STOO01 Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:40 am

i was playing my singles game last saturday and 2 balls came of the table thats the first time i can remember it happening it probably has before but dont remember it
their was a red and yellow come of the table so they both go back on the table we agreed so we put the red on the black spot and the yellow in line with the black spot in line with middle of d, so the yellow was nearer the middle bag than the red but as close to the red as possible i take it this is correct i didnt see any mention of this in our rules.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Pool Rules Empty 100 ball foul

Post  STOO01 Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:43 am

the one about getting to move the white ball, i cant see this rule being used that much anyway as you can hit any ball as long as you hit a ball. so the only time it would come in to use would be a miss or hit a ball with your cue clothing.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pool Rules Empty re rack

Post  STOO01 Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:45 am

in the rules it tells you how to set up the balls for a game of pool but it dont tell u how to set up the balls for a re-rack foul with 9 balls i take it the black would be in the centre how is the rest of the balls set up not in rules that i can see.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pool Rules Empty Re: Pool Rules

Post  joebuck Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:19 am

Balls off the table:- Rule is that they get respotted on the black spot or as close to it as possible from the bottom cushion, in the case of two off at once I would guess that if it was clear as to what one went of first then that one would go on black spot and the other right behind it from bottom cushion direction.

Re-rack:- In a re-rack it is played with a full 15 ball frame, unless your committee has put something else in place as a time element, if this is so then it is up to them to draw out a reduced re-rack and post around team captains.

study
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Pool Rules Empty 100 ball foul

Post  Baldy Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:53 am

Opportunity to put White in D happened at least twice in our game wi Buck A. Once on the very first break by Sammy where two balls never passed the middle bag and once where the cue ball was hit twice. Think there was another with a miscue but I was pretty rubbered by then and cant really remember!
Baldy
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:49 am

found out tonight that the 100 ball is played exactly to league rules with the only difference being the minus 3 instead of 2 shots so yes in the 100 ball ur definately allowed to put the white into the D Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  BABA Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:23 pm

Told you so study
BABA
BABA

Birthday : 1970-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:38 am

ok i found the rule for a ball or more than 1 ball coming of the table thanks everyone for their help tongue

Fouls
5 g) Ball off the table:

i ) Any object ball or the 8 ball (black)shall be returned to the 8 ball spot (see 4(a)) or

as near as possible to that spot without touching any other ball, In a direct line between

that spot and the centre of the 'D'.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:32 am

STOO01 wrote:ok i found the rule for a ball or more than 1 ball coming of the table thanks everyone for their help tongue

Fouls
5 g) Ball off the table:

i ) Any object ball or the 8 ball (black)shall be returned to the 8 ball spot (see 4(a)) or

as near as possible to that spot without touching any other ball, In a direct line between

check again as ur still wrong, The ball should b placed on the black spot or as close to it as possible measuring from the bottom cushion (rack end), keeping in line with the centre of the table (centre of D)
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:21 am

how can i still be wrong if i've checked the rules myself ya dafty it say's if the black spot is covered then it goes in a stright line between the black spot and d check your rules in the pub ,on a snooker table its below the black spot but i take it the room between the bottom cushion is quite a small area on a pool table so between the d and b/s Sad
but it dont tell you what happens with two balls off the table which gets the black spot and the other i take goes nearest the black spot but in line with the d or towards the d

and it dont tell you how to set up a 9 ball rack ,there was a foul last week 2 balls never passed the middle bags the den inn just set up a full rack in fact the only time i've seen this 9 ball rack was against the windsor a strange eh
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BABA Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:13 am

its only a 9 ball re-rack if a frame is going nowhere(tippy-tappy) and the 2 players agree to a re-rack.
BABA
BABA

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:58 am

Hi dafty here,

9 ball re-rack, no comment as this is new to me, must be a leven thing?

Re-spotting balls of table, again it appears that leven have their own ideas?

Extract from the rules on this website:-

5(g) Ball off the table:

Extract from Blackball rules:-

4m RE-SPOTTING AND RETURNING BALLS TO THE TABLE
If a cue ball, it is returned to the table and played from baulk.
An object ball is re-spotted with its centre point on the black spot or as
near as possible to that spot in a direct line between the spot and the centre
point of the cushion which lies furthest from the baulk line.
Object balls are re-spotted in the following order ....
(a) Black ball.
(b) Red ( or blue or solid 1-7 ) balls.
(c) Yellow ( or striped 9-15 ) balls.
Return balls as close as possible to other balls but without touching.

Extract from rules from the SPA website:-

1.4 Spotting Balls
Balls are spotted (returned to play on the table) by placing them on the long string (long axis
of the table) as close as possible to the foot spot and between the foot spot and the foot rail,
without moving any interfering ball. If the spotted ball cannot be placed on the foot spot, it
should be placed in contact (if possible) with the corresponding interfering ball. However,
when the cue ball is next to the spotted ball, the spotted ball should not be placed in contact
with the cue ball; a small separation must be maintained. If all of the long string below the
foot spot is blocked by other balls, the ball is spotted above the foot spot, and as close as
possible to the foot spot
______________________________________________________________________________________________

But the rules that are being played in Leven are 8 - 9 years old, but I can honestly say that I have never heard of re-spotting balls in the manner that u are suggesting Mad Mad Mad

im so bored
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  BABA Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:14 pm

there has never been a 9 ball re rack in the lpl,its no even in the rules,its in the blackball rules 2005
BABA
BABA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:50 pm

BABA wrote:there has never been a 9 ball re rack in the lpl,its no even in the rules,its in the blackball rules 2005

im sure the windsor A doe a 9 ball re-rack one league game this season lol! lol!
have to double check that with joe tho

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:20 am

bambooozled wrote:
BABA wrote:there has never been a 9 ball re rack in the lpl,its no even in the rules,its in the blackball rules 2005

im sure the windsor A doe a 9 ball re-rack one league game this season lol! lol!
have to double check that with joe tho

Yes that is correct I have seen it twice, not for foul breaks though was for stalemate games or impossible snooker situation. A 9 ball re-rack has been used and a coin has been tossed for break. I thought this was what was done in Leven so I have stayed out of it.

Would be good to get the correct procedure in place though if this is wrong? Embarassed
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:03 am

some rules are being slightly bent at times for no real good reason

singles competition - i heard from a venue that the draw was made before the players turned up (no players present)
it was said to save time, the draw as far as i know is meant to be drawn at 8pm when all players are there.

for me that should have been re drawn - some players did complain but were told the pub wiz shutting at a certain time, if the publican aint willing to keep the boozer open then maybe his venue should be excluded in future draws Idea
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:13 am

STOO01 wrote:some rules are being slightly bent at times for no real good reason

singles competition - i heard from a venue that the draw was made before the players turned up (no players present)
it was said to save time, the draw as far as i know is meant to be drawn at 8pm when all players are there.

for me that should have been re drawn - some players did complain but were told the pub wiz shutting at a certain time, if the publican aint willing to keep the boozer open then maybe his venue should be excluded in future draws Idea

heard about that too, if i showed up for my singles and was told the draw was already done before anyone was there id tell them to ram it dummy lol!

got to agree if the pub wants to shut at a certain time then theyre venue shouldnt be used.... Shocked

Back to top Go down

Pool Rules Empty 100 ball rule

Post  STOO01 Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:20 am

1st posted in the 100 ball section ,added as its a rule fault.
blazers playing buck'n'hynd, there player did not have a pot so played to hit a pale but miss hit and fould so as blazers thought they could move the white to the dee but didnt want 2 shots the rule for making a foul is minus 3 points.
the rule was you were allowed to move it, maybe it has changed, the rule was discussed before a year or so ago .
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Show Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:49 am

STOO01 wrote:1st posted in the 100 ball section ,added as its a rule fault.
blazers playing buck'n'hynd, there player did not have a pot so played to hit a pale but miss hit and fould so as blazers thought they could move the white to the dee but didnt want 2 shots the rule for making a foul is minus 3 points.
the rule was you were allowed to move it, maybe it has changed, the rule was discussed before a year or so ago .

The rule as best i understand it, is -3 for a foul i.e failing to make contact wi an object ball, potting the cue ball
the on coming player does not receive 2 shots and u cannot move the cue ball to the dee, there is a penalty of -15 for lifting the white
Big Show
Big Show

Birthday : 1984-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:05 pm

at the January meeting i asked about the rule for moving the white after a foul, he said it has always been you must play from where it lands on the table 3 points taken of the team that fouls.

this rule is crap as anyone that dosent want to let the next player in can draw up to the balls for a snooker and not really bother about missing them. if a player can pot and say 10 ,15 balls is no problem then 3 away is nothing eatch time.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:53 am

Some do not seem to know this rule as I was shouted down at last weeks game when a ball left the table, so for those that do not know the rule, go to Levenmouth Pool Rules on the front page and go to Rule 5 section i and you will find the following:-

"Any object ball or the 8 ball (black)shall be returned to the 8 ball spot (see 4(a)) or

that spot and the centre of the 'D'."

So I was right and the other 20 guys in the building were wrong Evil or Very Mad
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  peterloon Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:23 pm

joebuck wrote:Some do not seem to know this rule as I was shouted down at last weeks game when a ball left the table, so for those that do not know the rule, go to Levenmouth Pool Rules on the front page and go to Rule 5 section i and you will find the following:-

"Any object ball or the 8 ball (black)shall be returned to the 8 ball spot (see 4(a)) or

that spot and the centre of the 'D'."

So I was right and the other 20 guys in the building were wrong Evil or Very Mad

This is just another absolutely ridiculous rule - so you Don't lose the game if you knock the black of the table - that's just plain stupid.

So why with other foul shots do you not replace the ball/balls on the 8 ball spot - how is knocking a ball off the table - whether it be yours or your opponents colour - different to potting a ball and the white or just potting your opponents ball.

That just seems barmy to me.

peterloon

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:36 am

Any object ball that leaves the table goes back on the black spot. Does not make any difference if it is black, yellow or red.

Leaving the table means flying off the table, not down a pocket!
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  peterloon Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:42 am

joebuck wrote:Any object ball that leaves the table goes back on the black spot. Does not make any difference if it is black, yellow or red.

DOH

I do know the difference between leaving the table and going down the pocket - what I am saying is it's a fouls whether you bounce a ball off the table or with a foul pot - so why treat each foul differently?

peterloon

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:38 am

peterloon wrote:
joebuck wrote:Any object ball that leaves the table goes back on the black spot. Does not make any difference if it is black, yellow or red.

DOH

I do know the difference between leaving the table and going down the pocket - what I am saying is it's a fouls whether you bounce a ball off the table or with a foul pot - so why treat each foul differently?

i get what ur saying potting the black is a foul but you lose the game for doing so (as i did a week or so ago v den inn)
if the black for instance left the table if would be put but on the table and placed on the black spot with 2 shots awarded to the other player. but any way thats the rule and game for potting the black by mistake
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum