Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name your bag!

5 posters

Go down

Should the ref instruct players to nominate their bag for the black?

Name your bag! Vote_lcap44%Name your bag! Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
Name your bag! Vote_lcap44%Name your bag! Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
Name your bag! Vote_lcap0%Name your bag! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Name your bag! Vote_lcap11%Name your bag! Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Name your bag! Empty Name your bag!

Post  redbeard Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:46 am

Seems i wasnt the only nugget to get caught out wi that backwards rule! one brig player did the same but was let off the hook. Fair enough i say.

The point of this rule is not to catch your opponent out to win on a technicallity!!! its to stop being beat by a fluke, a shot of no skill. So where is the harm in a ref saying "nominate your bag" as you get to the black? No decent player/team should want to take a frame in that way, so although it wont make a bit o difference i'm gonnae bring it up at the next meeting that the refs should say "nominate" who agrees? and who would back it if i brought it up? who thinks im a fud for even mentioning it?

Vote Mofo's! Very Happy
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Name your bag! Empty Re: Name your bag!

Post  STOO01 Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:24 pm

redbeard the ref is supposed to ask the players to nominate but if he forgets and it is possible as the players forget then if the player pots without nominating he loses the game thats why it is a terrible rule .
if you have a straight pot on the black and its ovious what bag the player is going for them whats the problem. its when you dont have a pot on some players will play safe (still must nominate) , smash the black for luck (idiots). or try the double which is pretty ovious a shot as well it should maybe be left to the ref to decide if no nomination was made.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:30 pm

If the black is totally hanging over a pocket then why should we have have to nominate? It should be plain f***** obvious what bag anyone is going for. Get this rule tae f*** at the next meeting. If EVERYONE sees sense and agrees then we will not have to have to wait till the next AGM. What crazy commitee member even suggested this rule in the 1st place let alone the clowns who voted for it with a show of hands if that was the case. It is so f***** out of date. Get it sorted lads.................
Sean
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:11 am

STOO01 wrote:redbeard the ref is supposed to ask the players to nominate but if he forgets and it is possible as the players forget then if the player pots without nominating he loses the game thats why it is a terrible rule .
if you have a straight pot on the black and its ovious what bag the player is going for them whats the problem. its when you dont have a pot on some players will play safe (still must nominate) , smash the black for luck (idiots). or try the double which is pretty ovious a shot as well it should maybe be left to the ref to decide if no nomination was made.

I thought that the ref was supposed to say something, our ref knew i was about to play without nominating and said nowt, and he was on my team! ok im a nugget but fuck, id have said something if i was ref... anyhoo i guess he never knew he could, thats why it needs clarified!
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:13 am

incidentaly.. who voted no? and why?
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:34 am

so the 3 no's are the kind of players who need to win on a technicallity then????????????????????????????? how do you sleep at night???
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:05 pm

i wouldnt wana vote for that at the meeting, id want to vote for the rule being taken back out altho we all know that wont happen until the AGM - seems this league aint ever gona move forward....backwards all the f***ing time Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:32 pm

Bampot wrote:i wouldnt wana vote for that at the meeting, id want to vote for the rule being taken back out altho we all know that wont happen until the AGM - seems this league aint ever gona move forward....backwards all the f***ing time Mad

the question wasnt about taking it out all together tho bampot. Ok its daft to play a made up set of rules, but like you say we're stuck with it til nxt AGM so lets just make a little improvemant. Again the point of the rule is to stop a flukey finish, not to catch ye oot cos ye forgot al rule which only exists in our backwards league!!! I say if the ref doesnt remind ye, no foul can be called. If the ref is fae ur team and you've forgot, the other team can say nominate, but lets face it, its only gonnae come doon to that if your about to rattle round the table, cos 95% of the time its f**kin obvious where your gonna put it?

How pish was it when you would play and get caught out by that nonsense? how often in a game wi ur mates would u actually hold tae that rule if they forgot? (that question is to all but bambii who i know happily took every frame lol)

Get it sorted, if your no asked tae nominate theres nae foul, that way we all are saying it, and nae arse is gettin caught oot by a old rule nae c**t wants to remember anyway...
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Name your bag! Empty GET RID OF NAMING THE POCKET FOR THE BLACK A.S.A.P.!!!!!!

Post  Sean Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:52 am

In my opinion you shouldn't need an A.G.M. to sort out this shit. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes All team captains (or the league majority of captains) should decide at the NEXT league meeting with a vote to get this sorted. Common sense should prevail here as we all know this IDIOTIC Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad rule should have never materialised in the first place. I wouldn't believe the shallow minded committee Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed would over rule a majority or unanimous decision vote by the body of the hall. I personally can't go to meetings due to work commitments so can ANYONE who reads this relate this to the league members in my absence. We are only one game into a long season so lets see if we can nip this in the bud and play pool in the 21st century. cheers!!!!!!!!!!
Sean
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:21 am

bullseye0 wrote:In my opinion you shouldn't need an A.G.M. to sort out this shit. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes All team captains (or the league majority of captains) should decide at the NEXT league meeting with a vote to get this sorted. Common sense should prevail here as we all know this IDIOTIC Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad rule should have never materialised in the first place. I wouldn't believe the shallow minded committee Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed would over rule a majority or unanimous decision vote by the body of the hall. I personally can't go to meetings due to work commitments so can ANYONE who reads this relate this to the league members in my absence. We are only one game into a long season so lets see if we can nip this in the bud and play pool in the 21st century. cheers!!!!!!!!!!

As far as I am aware it is only captains and vice captains that go to the AGM Question So if this is the case you have only them to thank for voting in the stupid rule Exclamation

But if this is a rule we have to put up with then ALL should play to the rule Exclamation

If a player picks up white after a foul then he loses frame, this also is a stupid rule as if makes no difference to the frame at all if a player lifts white or a ref lifts white, but frame is lost on a technicallity just the same Mad
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Name your bag! Empty blackball nominations

Post  the waterboy Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:38 am

Here is the get out clause for this rule ..... " A letter must be handed into the league and must be signed by at least 70% of the league clubs stating that they would like to call an S G M to discuss any points or grievances that they are not happy with " ..... this could be dealt with at the next meeting .....
I was as surprised as anybody that this rule change went through at the A G M .....
the waterboy
the waterboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum