Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

summer cup format 2009

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

summer cup format 2009 Empty summer cup format 2009

Post  STOO01 Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:27 am

16 team's have entered this seasons summer cup it will be played in a league format with 4 sections of 4 teams playing each other with the group winners going through to the semi-final

only the teams that were in the 08/09 season are allowed to enter. only players that have registered and played in the 08/09 season are able to play.

teams are made up of 5 players but subs are allowed for each different match (each week) as players may be on holiday in june / july. subs must be registered in the 08/09 season no new players are allowed to enter.
5 singles from each team and 2 doubles best of 7 wins the match. point or points for a win and game difference will come into play so all frames should be played as it is a league format

no exact date were given but fixtures and dates will be handed out nearer the time . £10 entry starting around mid June

Last edited by STOO01 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

summer cup format 2009 Empty Re: summer cup format 2009

Post  joebuck Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:12 am

STOO01 wrote:just wondering what the format for this years 5 man team / summer cup will be ?

straight knock out between teams that enter ?
this would mean teams getting 1 match if they lost

league groups and final ?
garanteed a few matches even if you lost all your games

when would it start ? june , july , august

would it be part of this season or next seasons teams as it is after the AGM ?

if its next season that means there would not have been a 5 man team tournament this season

questions questions Question Question

Thought the brain boxes that decided to move it to the summer would have asked themselves these questions before moving it Question
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:27 am

i'm sure someone has an idea , just know one else does Razz

i think it should be the summer cup as venues were not well attended for the 5 man team but saying that all the other competition have the same problem.
who knows if the summer cup will be better , the summer league last summer wasnt to bad maybe the final could have run smoother but it was a trial

the name your players before the tournament starts (team and sub) aint perfect and may be a reason for some venues missing teams.
the argument teams may have picked there venue cos they see lesser teams may be true, but as the new rule includes the name of the players then you may say i'll no bother playing pool tonight there no chance of qualifying.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:43 am

it was asked at the march meeting for teams wishing to enter a team or more to bring numbers at the april meeting

no dates were given and no idea of the format was given . it was said the decition would be made once the number of teams is known. oh it will be held on a thurday night during the summer tho

so when are youz aw going on holiday so it can be figured oot Razz
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:26 am

Windsor are up for a summer league, so put our name in the hat.
Baldy
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:43 am

Baldy wrote:Windsor are up for a summer league, so put our name in the hat.

its being run by the league this year baldy , league committee asked at the last meeting for number of teams
only problem with having a summer team is the amount of players who may be away on holiday so 1 sub may not be enough.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  irnitt Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:28 am

Would a team be able to enter more than one team into the summer league?
irnitt
irnitt

Birthday : 1987-11-14

http://www.mick-hill.com

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:49 am

irnitt wrote:Would a team be able to enter more than one team into the summer league?

yes . you can have 1,2 or even 3 teams enter but that would be 15 players
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Sun May 10, 2009 8:07 pm

I've been away fae the league/site since aboot december so a few questions gents...

Has the deadline for the summer league past?

Whens the new season start?

And Stoo... how the feck did ye's let the Brig get by ye's again?

Evil or Very Mad Question Exclamation Very Happy pirat

It's been a borin holiday fae pool, lookin forward tae getting back into it!
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sun May 10, 2009 8:22 pm

redbeard wrote:I've been away fae the league/site since aboot december so a few questions gents...

Has the deadline for the summer league past?

Whens the new season start?

And Stoo... how the feck did ye's let the Brig get by ye's again?

Evil or Very Mad Question Exclamation Very Happy pirat

It's been a borin holiday fae pool, lookin forward tae getting back into it!

i was at the last meeting and the station entered 1 team in the summer league /starting mid june

wont find out the start of the new season till the agm as the league setup could possibly change Idea

we were pish against the brig 3-1 then 3-4 down disaster enough said eh
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Mon May 11, 2009 7:12 am

STOO01 wrote:
i was at the last meeting and the station entered 1 team in the summer league /starting mid june

wont find out the start of the new season till the agm as the league setup could possibly change Idea

Aye sare wan, a league can get dull with one team at the top too long, would've been good to see another team take it.

I wont be playing for the Station again i reckon, I get on braw wi a few of the players in particular the ones that had either been at the 3ways or Buck B previously, but it's not the place for me. Gave it up before Christmas with too much work on my plate and a baby on the way i needed the funds. But looking forward to getting my thursday nights back later in the year.

Whats the word on a format change? and what cockamaimie rules are they looking to try oot/bring back next year? pirat
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Mon May 11, 2009 8:33 am

redbeard wrote:
STOO01 wrote:

Aye sare wan, a league can get dull with one team at the top too long, would've been good to see another team take it.

I wont be playing for the Station again i reckon, I get on braw wi a few of the players in particular the ones that had either been at the 3ways or Buck B previously, but it's not the place for me. Gave it up before Christmas with too much work on my plate and a baby on the way i needed the funds. But looking forward to getting my thursday nights back later in the year.

Whats the word on a format change? and what cockamaimie rules are they looking to try oot/bring back next year? pirat

Don't really know what Stoo is touching on but my thoughts for next year's changes at the A.G.M. would be:-

Change to Blackball rules.

Even amount of games to enable a draw.

If the Blackball rule comes in I would propose to abolish doubles and have:- 2 sets of 8 singles Idea

If the present rules stay then have:- 8 singles, 2 doubles followed by 4 singles, with a bye rule that a single player can only play twice on the night Idea

And make sure teams are in the venues at 7.45pm for an 8pm bang on start time Idea

That's all from me, hope someone takes this to AGM, as I will not be there as it is Finals day in the Glenrothes league on the same day Exclamation Exclamation

Hope to be p Arrow Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad at the end of it Question

Last edited by joebuck on Mon May 11, 2009 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 13, 2009 2:39 am

for once joe ive got agree with u, bring in blackball rules, 2 sets of 8 singles, cause they end up quicker thn 3 doubles

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed May 13, 2009 2:55 am

8 singles & 2 doubles for me doubles still has a place in the league format.

there is a lot of call for change to blackball rules what about the others that no one has played or not known
world rules along the coast is different ,i dinni like them, they use the 1 minute rule to play a shot not a good idea for doubles. our own rules we play just now, the only difference to blackball rules is hitting a cushion so you dont hide behind a colour.
i would vote for blackball rules myself but as last season i dont think anyone at the AGM knew what the committee was asking them it just goes over some of the team reps head and nothing gets done.

the last time we went for a major rule change like 2 shots do not carry but it was decided not to include the hitting the cushion rule but most of the others were brought in ,and after a few matches most had an idea what they were doing.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Wed May 13, 2009 8:06 am

STOO01 wrote:8 singles & 2 doubles for me doubles still has a place in the league format.

there is a lot of call for change to blackball rules what about the others that no one has played or not known
world rules along the coast is different ,i dinni like them, they use the 1 minute rule to play a shot not a good idea for doubles. our own rules we play just now, the only difference to blackball rules is hitting a cushion so you dont hide behind a colour.
i would vote for blackball rules myself but as last season i dont think anyone at the AGM knew what the committee was asking them it just goes over some of the team reps head and nothing gets done.

the last time we went for a major rule change like 2 shots do not carry but it was decided not to include the hitting the cushion rule but most of the others were brought in ,and after a few matches most had an idea what they were doing.

Another blackball rule that is different is that you can pot ur last ball and black at the same time and u win, hitting a cushion is not the only change, but it is the major one.

Have not played world rules, but watched them on sky sports and I don't think they r for a league like ours Question

8 singles and 2 doubles, no good Exclamation We need to get more games played not less Question

Get rid of doubles all to-gether is what I say, get 8 + 8 or try 8 + 4 or 8 + 6, but only singles, week after week we fly through the singles and then get bogged down with doubles as people talk and talk about various shots.

If doubles must stay then I would introduce a time limit per shot, lets say 2 minutes only for the doubles though Idea
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Wed May 13, 2009 9:17 am

joebuck wrote:
STOO01 wrote:8 singles & 2 doubles for me doubles still has a place in the league format.

Get rid of doubles all to-gether is what I say, get 8 + 8 or try 8 + 4 or 8 + 6, but only singles, week after week we fly through the singles and then get bogged down with doubles as people talk and talk about various shots.

If doubles must stay then I would introduce a time limit per shot, lets say 2 minutes only for the doubles though Idea

I think at the AGM we need someone to pitch blackball rules properly... did that happen last year? any volunteers?

I dunno if 8 + 8 would work through here, and reckon too that doubles has it's place. Would like to see draws possible though.
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 13, 2009 11:07 pm

a think the doubles needs to get done away with, takes to long. in dunfermline they play 8 singles thn 4 singles, and if its a draw they play a decider but losing team still gets a point for gettin a draw, i like tht way. jus another idea

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Wed May 13, 2009 11:25 pm

MeatHead wrote:a think the doubles needs to get done away with, takes to long. in dunfermline they play 8 singles thn 4 singles, and if its a draw they play a decider but losing team still gets a point for gettin a draw, i like tht way. jus another idea

I think what i like about the doubles is that it makes a win more of a team effort, when we played at the 3ways/buck we didnt have a team as strong as say the brig or den at the time, but we had enough good players to coach more inexperienced players through the doubles and take most of the wins, often we took big wins against teams like blazers/den by taking all 3 doubles. If nothing else i reckon doubles should stay to have new players learn how a competative game is thought oot???

Really i just wanted tae disagree wae Meathead Very Happy pirat
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Thu May 14, 2009 3:07 am

redbeard wrote:
MeatHead wrote:a think the doubles needs to get done away with, takes to long. in dunfermline they play 8 singles thn 4 singles, and if its a draw they play a decider but losing team still gets a point for gettin a draw, i like tht way. jus another idea

I think what i like about the doubles is that it makes a win more of a team effort, when we played at the 3ways/buck we didnt have a team as strong as say the brig or den at the time, but we had enough good players to coach more inexperienced players through the doubles and take most of the wins, often we took big wins against teams like blazers/den by taking all 3 doubles. If nothing else i reckon doubles should stay to have new players learn how a competative game is thought oot???

Really i just wanted tae disagree wae Meathead Very Happy pirat

Don't get me wrong as I do like doubles for mostly the same reasons as u have mentioned, but my only problem is the time they take Sad I would glady have 8 singles and 4 doubles format with a strict time limit when it comes to the doubles though Exclamation

But really I think the first thing to change needs the importing of the Blackball rules, once they have been bedded in and players see the time benifits they also bring, then other changes will naturally follow study
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu May 14, 2009 4:44 am

here here redbeard keep doubles, what you said about learning the game in the doubles is a great call.

i played along the coast at smugglers, the singles were timed with 1 minute to play a shot with the ref reminding you after 30 seconds ok i thought but when it came to the doubles 1 minute passed in no time at all, some shots were just played to beat the clock i didnt like it 2 minutes may be a bit better mind you.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Thu May 14, 2009 9:14 am

Cheers Stoo. Aye i reckon a time limit is the way to go, but didnt that get thrown out 2 years ago?

Average price for a stopwatch online... £3.00. i say two mins tae think aboot it. then a 30 second warning, giving ye a minute a piece tae argue your opinion, then 30 secs to play the shot if you've waited that long. 8 singles 2/4 timed doubles?
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Fri May 15, 2009 4:13 am

redbeard wrote:Cheers Stoo. Aye i reckon a time limit is the way to go, but didnt that get thrown out 2 years ago?

Average price for a stopwatch online... £3.00. i say two mins tae think aboot it. then a 30 second warning, giving ye a minute a piece tae argue your opinion, then 30 secs to play the shot if you've waited that long. 8 singles 2/4 timed doubles?

If some sort of timing control comes in for doubles then I would propose:- 8 singles and 4 doubles.

90 secs then warning, shot not played in 2 mins then it's a foul or forget the foul and just end visit there and then.

BLACKBALL RULES IN AS WELL THOUGH Exclamation Exclamation

Doubles are a good way to learn the game, but so is just watching other good players play Idea

So send all ur young boys along to watch the DOUGLAS Exclamation Very Happy Fishing
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

summer cup format 2009 Empty Summer League 2009

Post  STOO01 Sat May 16, 2009 2:29 am

the sections and fixtures are up on the web site follow the link http://levenmouth.leaguerepublic.com/Index.do?selectedSeason=8853965&selectedDivision=8193156
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Tue May 19, 2009 9:28 pm

STOO01 wrote:16 team's have entered this seasons summer cup it will be played in a league format with 4 sections of 4 teams playing each other with the group winners going through to the semi-final

only the teams that were in the 08/09 season are allowed to enter. only players that have registered and played in the 08/09 season are able to play.

Question, and it may be a silly one... can you play for a team other than the one you registered for in the 08/09 season in this cup or what?
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed May 20, 2009 2:10 am

redbeard wrote:
STOO01 wrote:16 team's have entered this seasons summer cup it will be played in a league format with 4 sections of 4 teams playing each other with the group winners going through to the semi-final

Question, and it may be a silly one... can you play for a team other than the one you registered for in the 08/09 season in this cup or what?

if a player wants to play in the summer league he must be registered to play from some time in the 08/09 season so we have 1 game left if a player registers for a team on the last game he can play provided he hasnt played for any other team in the same season no new players are allowed in after this thurday night's game
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next