Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League Race

+7
joebuck
redbeard
BABA
LWB
Baldy
Sean
STOO01
11 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

League Race Empty League Race

Post  STOO01 Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:56 am

Blazers were 4-2 up versus the kirkland they conceded the last 2 singles and 3 doubles a pity as they have a few good players 2 or 3 more and it would have been a close game Shocked
even with the odds of winning against us they still turned up to play the game with only 6 players other teams may just have said oh fuck it we dont have a team whats the point. cheers
kirkland came 6th in the league last season but sit bottom this confused
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

League Race Empty Re: League Race

Post  STOO01 Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:12 am

Blazers are poor what a struggle to win tonight. start of the night i phoned jfk for a mini bus at 7.15 ok then 7.45 starting to panic wheres the bus phoned them "they had a break down but couldnt remember who phoned lucky i phoned. phoned the sunbeam to tell them be 5 10 mins late what a carry on the bus turned up at 7.12 the guys clock had 7.54 i wizni happy wi the cunt any wi had 2 players up there anyway to start the game at 7.10 skins and brian both lost we turned up at 1st game. down 4-2 back to 4-4 then won 2 doubles how pish is that against a team thats no got a good team at the moment. won 6-5
any way did anyone watch the way the dandy dons destroyed the copenhagen were they no in the champions league last season and beat celtic and man utd Question
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

League Race Empty Buck B v Den Inn B

Post  Guest Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:46 pm

2-0 up before LWB lost (warned us all not to tell) Laughing then we went on to win every singles match after that.
I played G.Bogie i think it was....before i went up id been told he was good so i covered bags, snookered a lot and with all my 2 shots i kept knocking his balls safe ....think he had 4 bad balls and 1 in the open when i finally just went for the clearance so didnt feel in any danger of losing the frame from there even if i missed a shot Cool

Brig won 6-4 i was told....i left after the den inn A won the first doubles to pull it back to 5-4.
Den inn A had keeza n chris corcoran thru playing for them.....dont know who was dropped from the original 8 that the den inn would normally play but i dont think id take it well if i was dropped for guys that only come thru for "big games" Shocked chris didnt play as well as he usually does....he had a chance to win the last singles match and ran out of position but i think because of the tables in styx he would be more used to a faster table

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:51 am

Hi guys Im a newbie to the forum so HELLO ALL
We played a great game against the den inn A last night and the score was 7 - 4. They didnt play the last doubles. Star man was Chris Bellesini Cool who took out Chris Corcoran in the singles then beat Chris and his brother Keiran Corcoran in the doubles. Was very surprised at babas miss on the black as he is usually so good but he's only human eh and possibly felt the pressure a little because the pub was mobbed and the banter was really good and loud. All other games were really close and could have went either way. Looking forward to the break now but will be ready for the 2nd half as I believe it will be really tough to retain the title as there are so many good players emerging. We may be 6 points clear but will take nothing for granted.
Sean
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:23 am

Have to agree wi Bamboo aboot Levenmouth boys being dropped for the Kdy boys. But it backfired as it was one of them that screwed up to let Rab Frape in to finish the second doubles. Think the Den are trying too hard. They have enough good Levenmouth players to win any game without bringing in out of district players. Rolling Eyes

On the same note though, has the restriction been raised on the qty of out of district players? I thought you were only allowed 2. They already have Kenny Cation (Glenrothes) and now two Kirkcaldy boys?
Baldy
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:36 am

Baldy wrote:Have to agree wi Bamboo aboot Levenmouth boys being dropped for the Kdy boys. But it backfired as it was one of them that screwed up to let Rab Frape in to finish the second doubles. Think the Den are trying too hard. They have enough good Levenmouth players to win any game without bringing in out of district players. Rolling Eyes

On the same note though, has the restriction been raised on the qty of out of district players? I thought you were only allowed 2. They already have Kenny Cation (Glenrothes) and now two Kirkcaldy boys?

Ah will make enquiries about that baldy. ah thought it was only two out of district players as well confused
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:29 am

I know that the denn did ask at the meeting about the two kirkcaldy boys and it was given the green flag so I would think all i ok there.

Interesting conversation last night in the Brig and it seems the AHW are gonna be a big force next year, some good players from the top teams moving.

Was great to see all the boys in the brig last night, thought it was just a few from our team interested in seeing that one but practically our whole team was there and there must have been about 5 guys from the windsor there too! Might be even more of a crowd there for the final game between them at the end of the season.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:22 am

Baldy wrote:Have to agree wi Bamboo aboot Levenmouth boys being dropped for the Kdy boys. But it backfired as it was one of them that screwed up to let Rab Frape in to finish the second doubles. Think the Den are trying too hard. They have enough good Levenmouth players to win any game without bringing in out of district players. Rolling Eyes

the number of out of district players is still only 2....didnt even know that kenny cation was an out of towner unless they have him down for a leven address Shocked wish it was more than 2 out of district players tho.....would probably benefit oor team Razz
boxin day competition in cj's (HUSTLERS) if anyones interested....starts at 12:30 Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:35 am

bullseye0 wrote:Hi guys Im a newbie to the forum so HELLO ALL
We played a great game against the den inn A last night and the score was 7 - 4. They didnt play the last doubles. Star man was Chris Bellesini Cool who took out Chris Corcoran in the singles then beat Chris and his brother Keiran Corcoran in the doubles. Was very surprised at babas miss on the black as he is usually so good but he's only human eh and possibly felt the pressure a little because the pub was mobbed and the banter was really good and loud. All other games were really close and could have went either way. Looking forward to the break now but will be ready for the 2nd half as I believe it will be really tough to retain the title as there are so many good players emerging. We may be 6 points clear but will take nothing for granted.

3 points clear bud Wink we are coming for you haha Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  BABA Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:29 am

Please let me clear up the debate everyone is having about the Den Inn A having to many out of towners,Kenny Cation & Davie Comrie are not classed as out of towners even tho that they now live in Glenrothes because they have played in the LPL for 25 years,and what does it matter if we have boys from KDY playing in our team on a thurs as boys from the buck,windsor play in KDY on a wed and in other leagues during the week,The words pot,kettle and black come to mind,ok we were well beat but the KDY boys have played the last 7 games,they just didnt turn up for that 1 game and they will be there for the 2nd half of the season and we wont be letting our heads go down its never over till its over,all said and done if it came down to it the buck would probably lie down to the brig to stop the denn winning the league.
BABA
BABA

Birthday : 1970-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:48 am

BABA wrote:Please let me clear up the debate everyone is having about the Den Inn A having to many out of towners,Kenny Cation & Davie Comrie are not classed as out of towners even tho that they now live in Glenrothes because they have played in the LPL for 25 years,and what does it matter if we have boys from KDY playing in our team on a thurs as boys from the buck,windsor play in KDY on a wed and in other leagues during the week,The words pot,kettle and black come to mind,ok we were well beat but the KDY boys have played the last 7 games,they just didnt turn up for that 1 game and they will be there for the 2nd half of the season and we wont be letting our heads go down its never over till its over,all said and done if it came down to it the buck would probably lie down to the brig to stop the denn winning the league.

I must agree with what baba says about Davie Comrie and Kenny Cation because these guys have played in the league longer than most of the younger players have even LIVED. As a fact Davy hasn't played this season coz he is taking his son to glasgow on a thursday to play for the Celtic u - 14s. (good lad). No disrespect to any other team but the hardest team for the brig to beat is obviously the den inn . PERSONALLY SPEAKING I believe no other team will actually beat the brig the 2nd half of the season and by the time we play the den inn again they could actually win the game but with it being the last game of the season the points will be irrelevant
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 pm

the cocaran boys dont bother me i thought they came from here as they played for the douglas a few season ago maybe wrong to think that
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:05 pm

BABA wrote:Please let me clear up the debate everyone is having about the Den Inn A having to many out of towners,Kenny Cation & Davie Comrie are not classed as out of towners even tho that they now live in Glenrothes because they have played in the LPL for 25 years,and what does it matter if we have boys from KDY playing in our team on a thurs as boys from the buck,windsor play in KDY on a wed and in other leagues during the week,The words pot,kettle and black come to mind,ok we were well beat but the KDY boys have played the last 7 games,they just didnt turn up for that 1 game and they will be there for the 2nd half of the season and we wont be letting our heads go down its never over till its over,all said and done if it came down to it the buck would probably lie down to the brig to stop the denn winning the league.

i heard they only came thru for that match and another couple thats all.....didnt realise they had been there the past 7 weeks Cool
about the last comment......oor team wouldnt lie down to any team for anythin.....we play to win....
infact last season we almost helped the den inn out at 5-5 against the brig and both teams on the black ball and it was on the back cushion didnt seem pottable and it was the brig up next.....stunnin cut on the black from the brig to beat us 6-5 but if it didnt go we would have had the points.

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:22 pm

bambooozled wrote:

i heard they only came thru for that match and another couple thats all.....didnt realise they had been there the past 7 weeks Cool
about the last comment......oor team wouldnt lie down to any team for anythin.....we play to win....
infact last season we almost helped the den inn out at 5-5 against the brig and both teams on the black ball and it was on the back cushion didnt seem pottable and it was the brig up next.....stunnin cut on the black from the brig to beat us 6-5 but if it didnt go we would have had the points.

Glad to see BABA posting this, always good to have everyones views. I'd be a liar if I said I wouldn't rather the brig as winners so I won't try take the piss lol. But that's only cause I go back to when I started playing pool when I was 17 with a few of those boys, and I've known Craig S since I was 11. No offence to the denn, they are a great team and I've always said that on here. We wouldn't lie down to the Brig though, and anyone who knows us well, especially our cap tich, knows we will be trying our best against them to try make up for a poor performance at the brig.

We have a couple of kirk boys ourselves so we have no problems with out of towners, I think Bamboo was probably just stickin the boot in cause he knows those boys... cheers

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:42 am

As I said in earlier posts LWB the buck B are a very good side and I really wouldnt say that youse played a poor performance at the brig. I will say that the brig played very well and possibly didnt ALLOW the freedom of the table to the buck as you are all used to. It could have been quite different if James had potted his easy black which would have made it 1-1 because when the brig go 3 or 4 - 0 up then it is very difficult to come back for ANY team. Just remember we are only at the half way stage and I believe there will be a few unexpected shocks to come.
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:00 am

I'm sure there will be a tight game at the buck, man for man there won't be a huge difference on the night I'm sure. As usual we'll have a good night and good banter, that's what it's all about!!!!!

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:02 am

LWB wrote:I'm sure there will be a tight game at the buck, man for man there won't be a huge difference on the night I'm sure. As usual we'll have a good night and good banter, that's what it's all about!!!!!

Aye it is always a good game at the buck but the levenmouth dinosaurs will be up for it. Smile Smile bounce bounce Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:45 am

bambooozled wrote:

the number of out of district players is still only 2....didnt even know that kenny cation was an out of towner unless they have him down for a leven address Shocked wish it was more than 2 out of district players tho.....would probably benefit oor team Razz
boxin day competition in cj's (HUSTLERS) if anyones interested....starts at 12:30 Cool

bamboo wishing for more out of towners on our team? poor call dude pirat
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:41 am

"Out of towner's"

Think at ur AGM this year this needs to be put in black and white so all know the rules. I come down from Glenrothes to play for the Windsor A, reason being that they were struggling for players, not because I could make a big difference to their team. Rule needs to be black and white, just because boys play for a team then move is totally irrevelant, you must have a rule or not? You could bend the rules and bend them more, problem is where do u stop?

If someone moves house midseason then fair enough let them finish that season and then the next season they should be "out of towner's".

But it already has it in black and white, so it looks like the Denn A have broken the league rules? Maybe not to gain advantage, but never the less the rule has been broken.

9 REGISTRATION OF TEAM / PLAYERS

9.1 All Teams are required to register with the league at the AGM.

9.2 The league may approve registration of teams after the AGM in appropriate
circumstances.

9.3 Each team must complete a registration sheet showing all their players and
those under eighteen for approval. Registration sheets must be handed in by the
first meeting after the AGM.

9.4 Teams wanting to sign player (s) from outside the LEVENMOUTH

DISTRICT can do so, but a limit of two players per team in any one season.
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:25 pm

Im not fussed about it at all but i do agree that u do have a point....i was a bit surprised by it as the league was always strict on rules but like i said....im out of this argument as i just like playin pool and it still didnt really help them against the brig anyways.
was surprised by the way chris C played tho.......rarely see him having a bad game Shocked

This u just bk from holiday joe??
havent seen a post from u since u left until now Very Happy

happy new year btw drunken

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:55 am

Tell me if i'm wrong... (i'll kick myself for defending the den a) but isnt it the case that some of their out of towners are levenmouth born and bred and that they've been playing in the league for quite a while? Now i may not have my facts straight here but i'm sure i heard someone say that on the forum?

If a player is from levenmouth originally or at the time of signing and has played more than a year or two, i'd say they could move to fookin istanbul and still not be an out of towner? yay or naigh? pirat
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:07 am

redbeard wrote:Tell me if i'm wrong... (i'll kick myself for defending the den a) but isnt it the case that some of their out of towners are levenmouth born and bred and that they've been playing in the league for quite a while? Now i may not have my facts straight here but i'm sure i heard someone say that on the forum?

If a player is from levenmouth originally or at the time of signing and has played more than a year or two, i'd say they could move to fookin istanbul and still not be an out of towner? yay or naigh? pirat

I don't think it's a problem that they have these guys, if they are from leven and played here before moving then no big deal eh. But it would be good to get clarification on the rule as we have a player now in kirkcaldy who played for years here but can't play with us now...or can he????????

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:20 am

yeh and maybe we can name the rule lwb? football had the 'bosman' we can have the 'Palmer'? lol!
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:53 am

redbeard wrote:yeh and maybe we can name the rule lwb? football had the 'bosman' we can have the 'Palmer'? lol!

Yes Tamus would be pleased lol. He'd talked about playing for us but obviously no can do now and he thought about the kirk league instead. But it would be great to bring him back!

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:20 am

LWB wrote:
redbeard wrote:yeh and maybe we can name the rule lwb? football had the 'bosman' we can have the 'Palmer'? lol!

Yes Tamus would be pleased lol. He'd talked about playing for us but obviously no can do now and he thought about the kirk league instead. But it would be great to bring him back!

This is the problem with these rules u see, some teams will stretch and bend to the limit and other's go by the book, I am not saying that the Denn A r wrong here as I don't know all the in's and out's of this rule, but if they have more than 2 player's out of town for whatever reason then u would think that the Buck could do the same Question But as the rule is written at the moment it would seem that the Denn A r bending to suit. Idea Think the committee should re-write the rule with all it's add on's and bendy bits so all know exactly what the score is. After all we have a player that plays with us in Glenrothes that stayed in kennoway and played for the sunbeam years ago, born and bred through and through, so can he come back and play for a team that already have the two "out of towner's" Question
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next