Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doubles 2nd Round

5 posters

Go down

Doubles 2nd Round Empty Doubles 2nd Round

Post  STOO01 Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:57 am

Doubles 2nd round to be played Thursday 23 February 2012 8pm.
1 qualify from each venue. Match Format - Best of Three Doubles

Argyle
Auld Hoose Windygates (1) - C Corcoran, M Paterson
Brig (3) - J White Snr, S Dewar, M Brodie
Den Inn 'A (1) - G Brunton, M McHale, S Deas
Auld Hoose Windygates (2) - R Warrender, B Thomson

Auld Hoose Windygates
Auld Hoose Windygates (3) - G Goodsir, K Corcoran
Den Inn 'A (3) - D Hutchison, K Corcoran, B Cameron
Auld Hoose Windygates (4) - M Anderson, B Dunlop, I Murray
Molly Malones (1) - N Johnston, S Johnston

Last edited by STOO01 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Doubles 2nd Round Empty Re: Doubles 2nd Round

Post  STOO01 Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:03 am

can i just point out there seems to have been a little bit of updating teams since the 1st round qualifiers

Den Inn 'A (1) - G Brunton, M McHale

Brig (3) - J White (Jnr), J White (Snr), S Dewar
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:40 am

2nd round of the doubles and only 8 teams are playing while the rest of the league are not playing
this has not been setup well geek

the first round of the doubles should have had more qualifiers finalists not just the winners , with the second round having winners to the final only

you would think with the years the people have been running the league they would know this
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MEATHEAD Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:56 am

stoo your right this has been set up terrible, only 2 teams go through to finals. me and baba never played as baba was away playing for scotland and the brig wouldnt change the date for it, gabs had sandy dees down as a sub so played even tho they didnt want to plus chris and mike never wanted to either but the brig did.

MEATHEAD

Birthday : 1986-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:49 am

MEATHEAD wrote:stoo your right this has been set up terrible, only 2 teams go through to finals. me and baba never played as baba was away playing for scotland and the brig wouldnt change the date for it, gabs had sandy dees down as a sub so played even tho they didnt want to plus chris and mike never wanted to either but the brig did.

venue Argyle
the full team for Den Inn A and Brig was not the same as the team that entered the first round
I don't see how these teams could play the second round with players not entered at the start

it should have been delayed
or Chris and Mike should have got a bye to final as all the teams had players missing or subs were not the subs that entered for the 1st round
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:29 am

MEATHEAD wrote:stoo your right this has been set up terrible, only 2 teams go through to finals. me and baba never played as baba was away playing for scotland and the brig wouldnt change the date for it, gabs had sandy dees down as a sub so played even tho they didnt want to plus chris and mike never wanted to either but the brig did.

I am not having a dig at you Brian but I was at the meeting last night and chief Brodie said you should have named a sub from the beginning just to cover any unforseen circumstances. ( eg. illness or international call offs etc.) You would have been able to play with any named sub at the time of your partners absence then continue into the next round with your main partner IF you had won on the night. Jim White didnt refuse your polite request for a postponement, he just merely said his ONLY PARTNER (Scott Dewar) was unavailable for any other dates.
Sean
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:56 am

venue Argyle
the full team for Den Inn A and Brig was not the same as the team that entered the first round
I don't see how these teams could play the second round with players not entered at the start

Stoo, The Brig doubles team consisted of Jim White and Scott Dewar. Both players were registered from the beginning so there are no problems there. Needless speculation of potential problems regarding subs should never have arisen here. I believe a genuine error was made by installing M. Brodie as a sub for the 2nd round instead of J. White (jnr). Brodie would never have been able to play anyway as he is constant nightshift. This looks like an "administrative" error somewhere along the line.
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  MEATHEAD Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:41 am

Mind Games wrote:

I am not having a dig at you Brian but I was at the meeting last night and chief Brodie said you should have named a sub from the beginning just to cover any unforseen circumstances. ( eg. illness or international call offs etc.) You would have been able to play with any named sub at the time of your partners absence then continue into the next round with your main partner IF you had won on the night. Jim White didnt refuse your polite request for a postponement, he just merely said his ONLY PARTNER (Scott Dewar) was unavailable for any other dates.

your right we should have had a reserve in, but then the league told us we could play the games out with that thursday (could have been another thursday before pool started) but the brig said no, as far as am concerned everyone at that venue was pals and we had the choice to delay for 2 players on international duty, i didnt think it would be a problem, i know from now on i wont be doing anyone favours. F#CK THE BRIG!!!!

MEATHEAD

Birthday : 1986-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Brigand No 1 Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:02 pm

Well in my opinion I think its down to the captains of the Old hoose and the Den inn not bringing this clash of dates up at the previous meetings.

They were asked by the players in question to see what could be done, but never brought this to the attention of the committee ( Even though one o the said captains sits on the commitee !!! )

Getting a ruling on this would have sorted out any confusion.

Jim was up for a change but his partner could only make Thursdays (and only every now and again these days because of work and family commitments )
So I think slagging the brig boys off on here is a bit of sour grapes and uncalled for.

Look to your own captains to apply blame . simple as.

Brigand No 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Brigand No 1 Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:04 pm

O and F U C K The Auld Hoose !!! ( Just the Thursday team cause a play for the Wed night team . )

Brigand No 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Show Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:32 pm

Mind Games wrote:

venue Argyle

Stoo, The Brig doubles team consisted of Jim White and Scott Dewar. Both players were registered from the beginning so there are no problems there. Needless speculation of potential problems regarding subs should never have arisen here. I believe a genuine error was made by installing M. Brodie as a sub for the 2nd round instead of J. White (jnr). Brodie would never have been able to play anyway as he is constant nightshift. This looks like an "administrative" error somewhere along the line.

I believe the statements I have highlighted in bold and underlined are pish as it was J White (snr) and M Brodie who played and qualified in the first round of the doubles. Questions must be asked like Why name subs in fact why name names at all just turn up on the night with any players that are available that would certainly put an end to those pesky "administrative" errors that are happening more and more.
Big Show
Big Show

Birthday : 1984-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:38 pm

Gentlemen stop bitching about nothing please. I have obviously made a mistake here in which I apologise. James White (jnr) was installed as the named sub for the 2nd round in which case would never have played anyway as he is in South Africa playing golf (lucky man). Its obvious certain people jump on any genuine errors on these pages. drunken drunken
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Show Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:54 am

No bitching my friend just pointing out the team entered is not the team playing
Team entered in doubles Brig (3) - J White (Jnr), J White (Snr), S Dewar
First round qualifier Brig (3) - J White (Snr), M Brodie
Second round qualifier Brig (3) J White (Snr), S Dewar

Must be one of those admin errors you spoke about in a previous post
Big Show
Big Show

Birthday : 1984-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:46 am

The relevence of this issue is totally pointless and should never have came this far. Politics and red tape only create unneccessary debates which never mean anything worthwhile. In future these competitions should be strictly NO SUBS (in my opinion). It just causes hassle. If any player cannot make it for any reason then tough luck. This is a topic I shall bring up at the A.G.M.
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down