Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

100 Ball Semi-Final

5 posters

Go down

100 Ball Semi-Final Empty 100 Ball Semi-Final

Post  STOO01 Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:41 am

100 Ball Semi-Final to be played Thursday 14 April 2011

Venue - Argyle
Auld Hoose 100 - 27 Station

Venue - Douglas
Brig 100 - 96 Argyle

Last edited by STOO01 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

100 Ball Semi-Final Empty Re: 100 Ball Semi-Final

Post  joebuck Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:31 am

is it only winner of each group goes through like Question Thought it would have been 2 and then quarter finals Exclamation
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:48 am

joebuck wrote:is it only winner of each group goes through like Question Thought it would have been 2 and then quarter finals Exclamation

No this will be the 3rd season that it has been group stages with 1 qualifier, look - http://levenmouth.leaguerepublic.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do;jsessionid=70C7328922C3FD2B4DE19B9AFB4BA4D5?psSelectedSeason=4149321&psSelectedDivision=6104444&psSelectedLeague=7559313

having the semi final on a thursday only 4 teams will have a game that week , with 11 resting

joe , it looks like douglas need a big score versus kirkland to qualifie, if only you boys had not been so social and taken the game versus buck 100-0, only needing a victory by any score versus kirkland, as it will go to ball difference.
so really who ever wins from buck (who should be out) and argyle will probably qualify Laughing
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:12 am

Don't know who is right or wrong Stoo, but I was told yesterday that balls potted difference in nought to do with it, it goes down to the match v the 2 teams that r level on points Question
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  BrianO Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:53 am

aye a thought it went down 2 head 2 head if ur level on points Question

BrianO

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:06 am

BrianO wrote:aye a thought it went down 2 head 2 head if ur level on points Question

joebuck wrote:Don't know who is right or wrong Stoo, but I was told yesterday that balls potted difference in nought to do with it, it goes down to the match v the 2 teams that r level on points Question

ok the rule was ball difference as we got nocked out the competition 2 years ago to argyle by i think 7 balls if it had been head to head then, blazers would have qualified from the league as they beat argyle

the rule may have changed to head to head for season 2010-11 no rule change has been sent to blazers, but i am not aware of this as i dont go to meeting and near does lav the cock Laughing and have not been informed of this in writing
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:48 pm

I was at the Central last wednesday for the captain vice captain

crock was there talking about how they played the douglas with a player short , he was happy they only got beat by 9 points and gave the douglas an extra visit and he was going on about the teams faving a laugh

you can have a laugh if you have 8 players Suspect

kin when you hear something and you say very little about what people are on about, thats what i was like No
it was all old or present committee members there so i wiz no interested in arguing , i was there to play captain and vice captain tournament
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:09 am

STOO01 wrote:I was at the Central last wednesday for the captain vice captain

crock was there talking about how they played the douglas with a player short , he was happy they only got beat by 9 points and gave the douglas an extra visit and he was going on about the teams faving a laugh

kin when you hear something and you say very little about what people are on about, thats what i was like No
it was all old or present committee members there so i wiz no interested in arguing , i was there to play captain and vice captain tournament

The sad fact of the matter is 95% + of all players in this lowly league can only have a laugh amongst themselves because they are basically not good enough to broaden their horizons by going to play in other (better) leagues. If it was up to crock and probably you stoo then we would still be playing the old fudging rules for years to come. A few lads represented Levenmouth at the super 11s over the weekend at craig tara and there was no mention of this on the home page. As for promoting our own league in S.P.A. events its clear Levenmouth pool league and its committee are not interested in moving with the times by promoting or encouraging more players to get involved in these events. Well done to the lads who made the effort and paid out heavily for their own transport and accomodation without help from their OWN league whilst having "LEVENMOUTH" on their shirts to show who they were playing for. Even in defeat they were a credit to our league. (sorry if this is not on the correct page for mentioning this topic)
Sean
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:01 am

Mind Games wrote:
STOO01 wrote:I was at the Central last wednesday for the captain vice captain

The sad fact of the matter is 95% + of all players in this lowly league can only have a laugh amongst themselves because they are basically not good enough to broaden their horizons by going to play in other (better) leagues. If it was up to crock and probably you stoo then we would still be playing the old fudging rules for years to come. A few lads represented Levenmouth at the super 11s over the weekend at craig tara and there was no mention of this on the home page. As for promoting our own league in S.P.A. events its clear Levenmouth pool league and its committee are not interested in moving with the times by promoting or encouraging more players to get involved in these events. Well done to the lads who made the effort and paid out heavily for their own transport and accomodation without help from their OWN league whilst having "LEVENMOUTH" on their shirts to show who they were playing for. Even in defeat they were a credit to our league. (sorry if this is not on the correct page for mentioning this topic)

Here Here, one of the best posts ever to be posted on this site.

The Levenmouth committee are in the dark as usual, they gladly pay cash to "WORLD RULES" players representing scotland than help their own players representing Levenmouth at SPA level, do they really know what they r voting for Question

The cash that was in my opionion wasted on the "WORLD RULES" players could have been given to the super league team that was actualy representing "Levenmouth".

Where do the loyalties lie Question

Mike McHale and Baba r playing "WORLD RULES" so cannot represent Levenmouth at SPA level, Levenmouth are affiliated to the SPA, so why do they give them sponsorship Question

In their defence though when they started the "world rules" Levenmouth were not in the SPA, but they have since joined, but both Mike & Baba have a choice, World rules or SPA, but they still chose "world rules", so again the same question - why does the Levenmouth league sponsor them.

Well done to the "Levenmouth" boys that shelled out their own cash and time to go to Craig Tara to represent the "Levenmouth League"
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  BrianO Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:33 pm

u shud be supporting boys fi levenmouth, disni matter what rules they play!!!

if they won what wud u b sayin!!!

hae a word wi yur sell! greetin aboot fuk all!!!

BrianO

Back to top Go down

Post  BABA Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:59 pm

sorry,bit ma tongue long enough,
Firstly,me and mike didnae get sponsored by the league,it was asked at the meeting in front of all the captains if there was any chance of a small donation and to my knowledge explained to everyone what the situation was regarding the rules,it got voted for,so it wasnt solely a committee decission. both me and mike are really grateful and thank everyone who voted.

secondly,i would gladly play both sets of rules but some bullshit red tape stops me from doing that,dont go on about loyality ive played in this league for 25 years and in that time levenmouth have never been affiliated with any governing body,this isnae the first time people have tried to take the leven league forward,the wellesley(many years ago)tried this,the committee didny want to know,so we had to shell out for superleagues,fife cups etc etc ourselves.where were you at the weekend,were you representing leven at the weekend,wheres your loyalty,you know pants all about me and mike to question ours

thirdly,did anybody that was going to craig tara ask at a meeting for any financial help for the team?

fourthly,ever since this website was introduced youve done nothin but bam boys up especially stoo,do it this that and the other way,stoo puts a lot of time and effort into the jathros,whats the point of having deadlines,evry body was aware that the league section would finish on a certain date,by my counting you wouldnt have qualified anyway if you played those 2 matches,why are so hell bent on giving people a hard time

last but not least, GET TI YA FUCKIN TWAT
BABA
BABA

Birthday : 1970-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:16 pm

No need to be cheeky noo Very Happy

Does not really matter if the matches will make a difference to the qualifiers or not, I have chased these boys from day one to play the matches, but there is nothing in place to sort this out, maybe there should be in the future Question

I have no gripe about u or mike by the way, I have spoken to mike face to face about the sponsorship thing, I just feel that if they can help u boys then maybe they should be looking at helping the super league team / teams as well, does not have to come out of the league funds either, maybe run a few fund raisers through the year, such as a poker night, sportsmans dinner or whatever, even if the boys get a couple of sets of shirts at least would be worth it don't u think Question
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:49 am

Mind Games wrote: If it was up to crock and probably you stoo then we would still be playing the old fudging rules for years to come. A few lads represented Levenmouth at the super 11s over the weekend at craig tara and there was no mention of this on the home page. As for promoting our own league in S.P.A. events its clear Levenmouth pool league and its committee are not interested in moving with the times by promoting or encouraging more players to get involved in these events.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
amazing how somebody like yourself can comment on this as you you play pool for 1 team the brig and as far as i know you have not played for levenmouth or a team outside this league

who started playing blackball rules in this area through the jathros 3 years ago ?, so me and a few others wanted the rules to be played, the problem i had was the way the committee asked for another vote on the rules we should play at the last agm , they never asked for the vote to be taken again the year before in the den inn. you only know what happened at the douglas agm cos thats the only one ive seen you at mr know it all

when was the first time you played blackball rules or asked for the league to play the rules , the first time i asked for the rule change at a agm was 2008 at the buck it got voted against , see you did not know that cos you dinni kin nothing

the jathros was asked to be run by the levenmouth league but they declined 2007 dummy

i had no idea levenmouth were playing in a SPA event last weekend or i would have posted it on the home page , no one has made a post about it on the web site scratch
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:34 am

[quote="STOO01"]
Mind Games wrote: If it was up to crock and probably you stoo then we would still be playing the old fudging rules for years to come. A few lads represented Levenmouth at the super 11s over the weekend at craig tara and there was no mention of this on the home page. As for promoting our own league in S.P.A. events its clear Levenmouth pool league and its committee are not interested in moving with the times by promoting or encouraging more players to get involved in these events.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
amazing how somebody like yourself can comment on this as you you play pool for 1 team the brig and as far as i know you have not played for levenmouth or a team outside this league

Stoo I apologise if I have offended you with any comments but what I said was only a matter of opinion. No offence was intended here. The reason I play for the Brig is only because it is the closest pub to my door and it is my "local". The reason I do not play for any other teams outside the Levenmouth pool league is due to working commitments and my spare time is actually quite limited. I have played in the Leven league for over 20 years and regard this as my local league and shall continue to play on a thursday as long as my interest and enjoyment prevails. You may be unaware that I played in the kirkcaldy league many years ago but again had to stop due to other commitments. This is our ( Leven leagues') first full season using the new s.p.a. affiliated rules and I believe this is only the beginning of a new venture for most of the players. I dont think it matters if I personally cannot manage other leagues or tournaments as I believe this new set up can open doors for players who are willing or capable of attending. I also feel sorry at the fact that Rab Warrender (Baba) and Mike Mchale cannot play in this system as they are two very fine players with commitment, skill and potential to go very far OTHER than being a "Leven player" which in my opinion is very LIMITED.
Sean
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:02 am

Semi-Final

section 1
Brig qualified

section 2
auld hoose qualified

section 3
Argyle & Douglas end with the same points argyle have a better ball difference and have beaten Douglas

Section 4
not complete as Central and Station have a dispute in their game, what ever happens Sunbeam are out
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down