Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

100 Ball Sections

+2
the waterboy
STOO01
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

100 Ball Sections Empty 100 Ball Sections

Post  STOO01 Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:04 am

100 ball group stage 1 to qualify from each group. games to be played Thurday 23 October 08 / Thurday 4 December 08 / Thurday 19 March 09 / the Semi-final and final to be played 12 April 09.
League Tables - http://levenmouth.leaguerepublic.com/Index.do?selectedSeason=4149321&selectedDivision=8193156 fixture draw is also further down this page.

Section 1
Toll Bar
Station
Kirkland
Auld Hoose Windygates

Section 2
Blazers
Den Inn
Argyle
Buck'n'Hynd

Section 3
Maxwells
Windsor
Brig

Section 4
Sunbeam
Auld Hoose Buckhaven
Douglas

Section's 3 & 4 has only 3 teams cos the Windsor a withdrew from the league and the Empire missed the September meeting so never entered a team in the 100 ball

23 October 2008 week 1
Toll Bar v Station
Kirkland v AHW
Blazers v Den Inn
Argyle v Buck'n'Hynd
Maxwells v Windsor
Sunbeam v AHB
Free Week Brig & Douglas

4 December 2008 week 2
Station v Kirkland
AHW v Toll Bar
Den Inn v Argyle
Buck'n'Hynd v Blazers
Windsor v Brig
AHB v Douglas
Free Week Maxwells & Sunbeam

19 March 2009 week 3
Toll Bar v Kirkland
Station v AHW
Blazers v Argyle
Den Inn v Buck'n'Hynd
Brig v Maxwells
Douglas v Sunbeam
Free Week Windsor & AHB
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

100 Ball Sections Empty 100 ball sections

Post  the waterboy Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:20 am

just so i dont have to spend hours and hours reading through replies of how does the 100 ball section work :-
1 ..... all teams will play each other once
2 ..... if teams are level on points ..... then balls for and against come into play
3 ..... if teams are level on balls for and against ..... then the result of the game between the two teams will decide the winner

thumbs up
the waterboy
the waterboy

Back to top Go down

100 Ball Sections Empty Re: 100 Ball Sections

Post  STOO01 Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:17 am

blazers look to have a tough section starting with the den inn but could be worse at least its at home Rolling Eyes .
and thankfuly no visit to the argyle, buck if i remember is a no bad table for potting Neutral
it is good that we have 2 home games and 1 away and no free week thats the whole point of the league format well done chairperson.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:19 am

Well i think i got it aboot spot on in my prediction, the score was 100-74 the station beating the toll bar. I think i had it at 100-70 to the nearest 10., Reckon it should be a 2 horse race between us and the AHWg but who knows, looking forard to 2 home games anyhoo!!!! how'd the other results go???
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:08 am

blazers lost 87 - 100 den inn
i hate the 100 ball the squad we had was amazing but played like old ladies , this match went on to long 11pm it may have something to do with the amount of fouls conceded
in the past the den have been nown for getting into arguments about nothing, after all the players that left this season its the players that are left that r still at it.
blazers can still qualify but must rely on the argyle beating the den and we have to win both our games with good scores a tall order but not impossible just yet tongue

Last edited by STOO01 on Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:47 am

played like old ladies ur no jokin, chris started well and didnt get much chances after that tho and i played well all the way thru and only time i didnt play well was the final chance to win the frame i hung that ball when i broke the cluster of balls to go for the win Sad

should never have been down to that anyways if our players didnt try and do too much everytime they got to the table tho thru the whole match Shocked

we needed 13 when i had that chance at the table and im sure davie potted a ball then rolled up to the yellow when they were on 99 so im sure we finished on 88 stoo?????? scratch scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:53 pm

big deal the whole team wiz pish everyone
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:23 am

Station 100 - 24 Kirkland- that'll do
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:31 am

get you're score for the 100 ball posted :
Buck 59 100 Blazers
Station 100 24 kirkland bar
Auld Hoose B 100 81 Douglas

brig beat the windsor but i need the score 100-91
argyle beat the den but i need the score think it wiz 100-90
Auld Hoose W toll bar i need the score 100-55 !

can anyone from the teams about post the exact scores for the web site every ball counts if teams are tied on points Exclamation

Last edited by STOO01 on Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:12 am; edited 3 times in total
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BrianO Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:42 am

c'mon the mighty argyll cheers

BrianO

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:29 pm

Deek Allan should hang his head in shame for the blatant foul that he never called last night. It was a great night up to that point. Windsor stormed into a huge lead over the first half of the match and were around 45 up when Rab Frape came to the table. Rab sunk two full racks and some more to bring the Brig to within 8 of the Windsor. Craig Sanders then pulled off a decent break to leave the brig needing a couple to win with Windsor needing 8 / 9 ?

Jimmy White then comes to the table and plays the most obvious foul, hitting the white ball twice as he pushed through a safety shot. Every single player for the Windsor shouted for the foul but Deek Allan sheepishly hung his head and said it was no foul !! It was one of the most obvious fouls I have ever seen and not calling it was a blatant cheat by Deek Allan who obviously felt the Brig were in a weak position. A shocking decision from a great player. Who would have thought he was capable of that.

None of the Brig team claim to have been watching at that point and couldn't comment (No-one watching with two balls left to pot, what a crock of shit!). The league chairman who had been reffing from his seat previously, stated that he couldn't see that side of the table due to his bad eyesight!

This is not just sour grapes due to a loss, I was applauding Rab Frape and Craig Sanders during their excellent breaks and all those guys played fairly. The foul at the end with Deek, Jimmy and the rest of the team pretending they knew nothing about it was just an absolute farce. We won't take it further as there is no point but when a team like the Brig have to cheat to win a game it just shows those players up for what they really are.
Baldy
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:28 am

I baldy after the hassle wi refs and fouls wi the Den and The Douglas mentioned at the last meeting and now it happens again.
the tresurer was going on about sportmanship and ref cheating sad to hear about this again,
blazers v buck we didni bother wi a ref and thankfuly nothing like this happened
anyways what wiz the final score, i know the brig won by what Question 100-91

it look like section B could be decided on balls potted and conceded but only if blazers beat the argyle then both would be on 6 points and if den beat buck then they would be on 6 points as well what a tight group

..........p w l for aga pts
Argyle 2 2 0 200 139 6
Den inn 2 1 1 190 187 3
blazers 2 1 1 187 159 3
buckhnd 2 0 2 108 200 0

if its balls for and against then blazers need to win by a score better than 100-83 (argyle need more than 83) geek , and if the den win they must win by a score better than 100-59 (den need to limit buck to less than 59 if blazers win 100-83) scratch confused
of course if the argyle win at blazers then there through and blazers and den are out, thought i'd add this comment to even up the options No .

next game 19 march 2009 affraid
if these stats prove to be wrong i'm sorry for wasting my own time Razz

Last edited by STOO01 on Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:17 am; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : score)
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:20 am

100 ball

The correct score was AHB 100 - 81 Douglas. Whites:- AHB 2 - 12 Douglas

Also the AHB claim that the score in there last match was:-

Sunbeam 100 - 84 AHB

The league is showing their match as 100 - 70 in favour of the Sunbeam.

Pity u don't get points for potting the white as our team would be world beaters, also for brainless gung ho shots Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

100 Ball Sections Empty 100 ball scores

Post  the waterboy Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:45 am

stoo i need info on the correct score from the blazers v den game in the 100 ball .....
you have posted 78 - 100
bampot posted 88 - 100
im sure at the meeting you gave the score as 81 - 100

as it looks as this group could come down to for and against you can see how important the correct is.....

as it stands with the table you have written ..... the argyle are +61 ..... den +3 ? .....blazers +28 ? ..... buck -92.....
this would have to be ammended accordingly when the proper result has been found out.....
the waterboy
the waterboy

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:01 am

maximus wrote:stoo i need info on the correct score from the blazers v den game in the 100 ball .....
you have posted 78 - 100
bampot posted 88 - 100
im sure at the meeting you gave the score as 81 - 100

as it looks as this group could come down to for and against you can see how important the correct is.....

as it stands with the table you have written ..... the argyle are +61 ..... den +3 ? .....blazers +28 ? ..... buck -92.....
this would have to be ammended accordingly when the proper result has been found out.....

the score at blazers was 100-87 to den inn i handed the team sheet with the score in at the meeting in the buck we lost by 13 baws forsure i got the 8 and 7 round the wrong way in that post silly me
the 100 ball league table - http://levenmouth.leaguerepublic.com/Index.do?selectedSeason=4149321&selectedDivision=8550513
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:06 am

STOO01 wrote:I baldy after the hassle wi refs and fouls wi the Den and The Douglas mentioned at the last meeting and now it happens again.
the tresurer was going on about sportmanship and ref cheating sad to hear about this again,
blazers v buck we didni bother wi a ref and thankfuly nothing like this happened

Aye we havent had a ref in either of our matches so far. To be fair ref's dont always catch every foul, mostly cos it's easy to get too comfy and forget you have a job to do... not that thats an excuse. But really all it takes is a bit of honesty from the player or his team. Poor to see the Brig all saying no-one was watching except a blind ref??? i cant believe a situation where at that stage in the game and your player is at the table no-ones watching. Definatley fishy, i'd replay it from the scores at the time if this is exactly how it really happened, saying that we havent had the brig boys comment tho? is that tellin a story?

Gotta say i remember some Brig players backing us up in a foul claim when their player fouled and their ref (jim white) didnt call it, well missed it... i think there will always be players who will BEND the rules, but there has to be more of us who'd be honest, cos in the end it's just a game of pool, and who wants to win it so much you gotta chat?

Oh aye and it's piss to see teams not calling in scores, when every ball counts especially...
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:17 am

Fae the Toll Bar.... "AHWg 100 - a hink aboot 55 to the Toll"

Direct quote, a hink aboot... fur fucks sake.
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

100 Ball Sections Empty qualifiers 100 ball semi-final

Post  STOO01 Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:01 am

this is how i see the sections qualifiers

section 1
straight forward Station at home play the Auld Hoose Windygates with the winner winning the group

section 3
Brig at home need to beat Maxwells to win the group and qualify

section 4
Douglas at home need to win for the group to be decided by balls for/against if sunbeam win then they qualify
douglas need to limit the sunbeam to less than 75 balls

section 3
not going into that again

these stats could well be wrong Laughing
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:57 am

looking forward to the blazers v argyle game as its still possible for 3 teams in our league to qualify.

i still dont remember the format being approved at the agm or any league meeting.
the scoring system is based on points potted and conceded , with points for a win not used.

i know why it's been changed to let the teams involved have more games in the competition but as 2 teams are not involved this created free weeks for 2 sections of the 4.
it would have been nice to let the league members have a say on this as it is their league
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

100 Ball Sections Empty 100 ball

Post  the waterboy Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:06 am

well stoo , it seems that you still havent grasped the table thing yet ..... points for a win are being used , its only when teams are level on points that balls potted and balls conceded come into play ..... Very Happy
as for the format being approved at an agm ..... its down to the match seceratery or the committee to decide on the format ..... this has always been the case ..... anyway could you imagine how long the agm would take if all formats were to be decided that day ..... a days holiday would have to be taken the next day ..... scratch
the waterboy
the waterboy

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:37 am

fair enough chairman

grasp the tables thing is correct i dont think i've grasped reality yet.
I dont remember there being points on the league tables handed out at the last meeting for 100 ball thats why i posted Question

the agm was a bit of a drag as come near the end things were just getting brushed under the carpet as it was going on to long ,in my opinion.

like the points deduction for missing a meeting was it 1 point or as guidi said it should have been 3 points but everybody just laughed what is he on about
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:37 am

STOO01 wrote:fair enough chairman

grasp the tables thing is correct i dont think i've grasped reality yet.
I dont remember there being points on the league tables handed out at the last meeting for 100 ball thats why i posted Question

the agm was a bit of a drag as come near the end things were just getting brushed under the carpet as it was going on to long ,in my opinion.

like the points deduction for missing a meeting was it 1 point or as guidi said it should have been 3 points but everybody just laughed what is he on about

What he is on about is correct, you get 3 points for a win and lose 1 point for missing a meeting, so what penalty is that?

NONE

U can only lose a place in the league if a team misses 3 meetings, then their oot the league anyway, so the whole points deducting thing is a complete and unter waste of time Exclamation Idea
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:01 am

say from the start of the season you win all your matches you loss 1pts for missing the 1st meeting so your a point down on say a team that has also won all there games , but if you miss 2 meetings your 2pts down on the leaders but still 1 win away from the top of the league.

i think if the format is 11 frames teams should get 1 point for a win
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:05 am

STOO01 wrote:say from the start of the season you win all your matches you loss 1pts for missing the 1st meeting so your a point down on say a team that has also won all there games , but if you miss 2 meetings your 2pts down on the leaders but still 1 win away from the top of the league.

i think if the format is 11 frames teams should get 1 point for a win

I think you will find it impossible for 2 teams to win all their matches in a league setup Question

If u look back through quotes I posted at the start of the season u will find a post somewhere that say exactly that, 3 points for a win in a waste of time when a draw is not possible Exclamation
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:21 am

yes this true but it was meant that 2 team won all there games at the start of the season say first 8 or 9 games to take in the first 2 meeting (first 2 months of the season)

i would rather have 2 or 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw as lesser teams have more of a chance to win a point or points as a lesser team has to have 6 good players (unlikely) at the end of a game (for 3 doubles) against a top team who will have a stronger squad
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next