Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singles league tournament - 75 baw challenge!!!

+7
Den
peterloon
Big Show
LWB
joebuck
BABA
STOO01
11 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Singles league tournament - 75 baw challenge!!! Empty Singles league tournament - 75 baw challenge!!!

Post  Guest Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:22 am

Here goes: everyone who wishes to play in this gives me or stoo their names and entry fee and then we get the draw done, whoever ur drawn against you will have a 3 week period to complete ur fixture just like with ur league matches but with an extra week to help out the players who are struggling to find time to play their matches already.
At the end of the 75 baw challenge there will be a trophy and ££ for the winner (prize money depends on entries)

players from both leagues so we will hopefully have at least 20 entries Cool

£5 entry - all going towards the trophy and the prize money

Rules are same as 100 ball with just a couple differences:

1. If u foul its -5 from ur score, however......if u pot and foul....you still count the ball(s) potted so if u pot 1 and foul in the same shot it would be -4 and so on.....

2. The player breaking gets 2 shots from every break whether he pots or not.

Can anyone wanting to enter contact myself or stoo.
will phone around all the players i ave numbers for and see who's wanting in and will post more back on here shortly Cool

Back to top Go down

Singles league tournament - 75 baw challenge!!! Empty 75 ball draw has been made!!!

Post  Guest Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:06 am

BABA v Alan 'Bandit' Band

Mike Mchale (invite) v Brian Thomson

Jock wotherspoon v Stoo Warren

Kev Dick v Scott Spencer

Billy Dunlop v James Anderson

Deek Allan (invite) v Gabs

Alan Mcwilliams v Jim Mcilroy

Dwain J v Brian O

this is the full draw so you can easily work out who you would play in the next round if u win etc Cool
can all home players contact ur opponent and arrange ur match.
All first round fixtures to be played by 3rd March....lets play ball Laughing jocolor

Back to top Go down

Singles league tournament - 75 baw challenge!!! Empty Singles League Sponsor

Post  STOO01 Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:50 am

Gabs may sponsor the singles league as he owns the hair dressers in buckhaven cant remember the name its near stuarts the baker ,anyway he may be willing to put a trophy up for the winner ,it would have his business logo on as way of promotion.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Singles league tournament - 75 baw challenge!!! Empty Re: Singles league tournament - 75 baw challenge!!!

Post  BABA Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:40 am

BABA 75 - BANDIT 16
BABA
BABA

Birthday : 1970-07-10

Back to top Go down

Singles league tournament - 75 baw challenge!!! Empty Re: Singles league tournament - 75 baw challenge!!!

Post  STOO01 Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:19 pm

i've added the fixtures and results for the 75 baw competition in the singles league pages
http://lpl.leaguerepublic.com/enter.do?siteid=7129724
how busy am i on this site i hardly get time for a drink drunken
league 'A upto date now, league 'B with a couple of fixtures still to play the tables are starting to take shape now i think Very Happy

As there is no official 1st or 2nd division (singles league) its split by the time you entered maybe this season being the 1st the top 2 in the a and b league could play a semi-final and final to decide the champion what do uz think o that idea
i think the prize money should still go to the top 3 in each league but the top four would play to have there name on the cup, which may be sponsored by gabs.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:14 am

Gabs shop is called Jathro's - hairdressing to the stars afro
doin some good work stoo....league should be paying u for running this site....which would be funny if they did coz beardy would b gutted lol!
aye stoo ur idea's are good.....will answer back in more detail about them when ive got more time as am tryin to get off this so i can head off to hustlers Laughing

good score for baba in the 75 baw last night.
wont be long before im in blazers for the 75 baw maself Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:32 am

bambooozled wrote:Gabs shop is called Jathro's - hairdressing to the stars afro
doin some good work stoo....league should be paying u for running this site....which would be funny if they did coz beardy would b gutted lol!
aye stoo ur idea's are good.....will answer back in more detail about them when ive got more time as am tryin to get off this so i can head off to hustlers Laughing

good score for baba in the 75 baw last night.
wont be long before im in blazers for the 75 baw maself Cool

Do you get a free tea cosy hat with every haicut Question Question
we need u
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:08 pm

excellent name for the trophy could be engraved something like Jathro's Masters or Jathro's Pool Singles Jathro's League Singles and a free hair cut if you have hair when u win
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:07 am

STOO01 wrote:excellent name for the trophy could be engraved something like Jathro's Masters or Jathro's Pool Singles Jathro's League Singles and a free hair cut if you have hair when u win

we should try n catch gabs sober and ask him what he would like to do......stoo is it possible to catch him sober?? lol! lol!

some suggestions i liked with the singles league was that the top 4 from each league qualify for quarter finals and we draw them and play it to a final and maybe have a "finals day" where we all show up and get drunk and cheer on the 2 players in the final playing for a haircut afro

anyone else like this idea??

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:16 pm

bambooozled wrote:
STOO01 wrote:excellent name for the trophy could be engraved something like Jathro's Masters or Jathro's Pool Singles Jathro's League Singles and a free hair cut if you have hair when u win

we should try n catch gabs sober and ask him what he would like to do......stoo is it possible to catch him sober?? lol! lol!

some suggestions i liked with the singles league was that the top 4 from each league qualify for quarter finals and we draw them and play it to a final and maybe have a "finals day" where we all show up and get drunk and cheer on the 2 players in the final playing for a haircut afro

anyone else like this idea??

Sounds like a great day out to me. drunken

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:12 am

gabs dont do sober , i'll ask him next time i see him about the trophy or you buck boys can ask him on thursday about it
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:13 am

STOO01 wrote:gabs dont do sober , i'll ask him next time i see him about the trophy or you buck boys can ask him on thursday about it

f*ck going to get my haircut from him then lol!
aye al talk to him on thursday about it afro

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:17 am

no its ok gabs aint a stylist or hair cutter his wife does that
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:38 am

brian thomson 75-56 mike mchale

Jock wotherspoon 75-64 stoo

Last edited by STOO01 on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:35 am

played me 75 baw thing it was ok but i dont like the rule with a free shot after the break if no ball is potted and losing 5 is maybe 2 to much 100 balls rules would have been better in my opinion but its done now. the table is dead no life left in the cushions and the balls need replacing very dull.
well done jock good luck in your next match how many times did we pot the white Laughing

Last edited by STOO01 on Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:05 pm

STOO01 wrote:played me 75 baw thing it was ok but i dont like the rule with a free shot after the break if no ball is potted and losing 5 is maybe 2 to much 100 balls rules would have been better in my opinion but its done now. the table is dead no life left in the cushions and the balls need replacing very dull.
well done jock good luck in your next match how many times did we pot the white Laughing

was only a trial tournament and league guys so anything u feel would improve the singles league and the tournament and any other ideas i think it would be good for us all to get together at the end of the season and have a sort of AGM aka piss-up and everyone can give their opinions on the night and see where it takes this singles league Cool
we might have to sort out a venue for the 75 baw final too as it will be a neutral venue Basketball

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:04 am

what happens with the 2nd round in the 75 baw who is the home player Question
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:12 am

STOO01 wrote:what happens with the 2nd round in the 75 baw who is the home player Question

names drawn out of a hat so to speak......would u be happy with that??
i can come down to blazers on thursday or wherever ur playin and we can draw the next rounds home players??

everyone knows who they r playing already as the draw is done in full but would be unfair if the top player in the draw was home player the whole way thru i think Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:16 am

its a wee bit unfair the top of the draw being home all the time i think you should make a draw but it is up to u .if you make a draw just do it post the home players on the web i'll update the singles league 75 baw pages you da man
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:20 am

STOO01 wrote:its a wee bit unfair the top of the draw being home all the time i think you should make a draw but it is up to u .if you make a draw just do it post the home players on the web i'll update the singles league 75 baw pages you da man

i wouldnt like to do a draw and post it for u as im on the bottom half of the draw just now and if i came out the home player.....i wouldnt want anyone saying i cheated to be the home player.......altho to be honest....i actually like the den inn table apart from that 1 side of the table so whether im home or not i know im on a table i like lol!

the next round doesnt start until 3rd of march really so i can nip down on thursday if thats cool with u stoo? king

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:41 am

i'm no happy wi that statement you like the den inn table the worst in the whole leag...world . ok were at home to the argyle if you want to make the draw there drunken
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Singles league tournament - 75 baw challenge!!! Empty 75 baw next round -

Post  Guest Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:32 am

BABA v Brian Thomson

Kev Dick or Scott Spencer v jock wothorspoon

Deek Allan v Billy 'Skins' Dunlop

Alan Mcwilliams or Jim Mcilroy v Brian O

Draw was made in Blazers tonight to see who would play at home and who would be playing away in the next round and this is how it has turned out.

good luck everyone
mon the winner cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Show Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:38 pm

Alan McWilliams 75-58 Jimmy McIlroy
Big Show
Big Show

Birthday : 1984-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:32 am

deek allan 75-55 billy 'skins' dunlop

think deek might start to be looking like the favourite for this....
well done alan

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:06 am

thats the 1st round of the 75 baw complete now scott 75 - 6 kev
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next