Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

+3
LWB
BABA
STOO01
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Thinking of starting a team for 08-09 - Page 2 Empty Blackball Rules

Post  LWB Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:40 am

A couple of our boys didn't realise we would be playing blackball rules in a friendly last night. One or two were not crazy about these rules too. So just so everyone knows, these rules are suited for potters I'd say, no rolling up behind balls unless you hit the cush after you contact the object ball. So I hope everyone is happy with these rules, otherwise we'd be better off in kirkcaldy playing the exact same rules as Leven.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Thinking of starting a team for 08-09 - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  Guest Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:30 am

LWB wrote:A couple of our boys didn't realise we would be playing blackball rules in a friendly last night. One or two were not crazy about these rules too. So just so everyone knows, these rules are suited for potters I'd say, no rolling up behind balls unless you hit the cush after you contact the object ball. So I hope everyone is happy with these rules, otherwise we'd be better off in kirkcaldy playing the exact same rules as Leven.

if its kirkcaldy then id b sticking with the woodside tho, i prefer blackball rules by far and ive already played the kdy league and its just the same as the leven league really......i like blackball rules and will be sticking to playing in glenrothes for that reason....if only leven would bring in the blackball rules Neutral
frames go in quicker and i think it makes the game better myself....thats my opinion tho....i know others will see things different Cool

Back to top Go down

Thinking of starting a team for 08-09 - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  joebuck Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:31 am

LWB wrote:A couple of our boys didn't realise we would be playing blackball rules in a friendly last night. One or two were not crazy about these rules too. So just so everyone knows, these rules are suited for potters I'd say, no rolling up behind balls unless you hit the cush after you contact the object ball. So I hope everyone is happy with these rules, otherwise we'd be better off in kirkcaldy playing the exact same rules as Leven.

It was always going to be Blackball rules at the Woodside, thought all knew it would be Leven rules at the Buck then Blackball at our place, really should have had ur team up to speed Question Question

I reminded u of this in an earlier quote Exclamation As I have copied below.

[b]Re: Friendlies
by joebuck on Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:52 pm

Return game at the Woodside v the Buck A.

This is on for 31 January, hope to see the Buck boys then for the return, Blackball rules will b in play
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:58 am

joebuck wrote:

It was always going to be Blackball rules at the Woodside, thought all knew it would be Leven rules at the Buck then Blackball at our place, really should have had ur team up to speed Question Question

This is on for 31 January, hope to see the Buck boys then for the return, Blackball rules will b in play

joe that wasnt an excuse everyone did know it was blackball rules or at least they should have, no-one came thru for a serious game just a laugh and some good pool....altho we r claiming the game as you's had a station player playing for you's lol! so get it up ye jocolor dummy lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:06 am

bambooozled wrote:
joebuck wrote:

joe that wasnt an excuse everyone did know it was blackball rules or at least they should have, no-one came thru for a serious game just a laugh and some good pool....altho we r claiming the game as you's had a station player playing for you's lol! so get it up ye jocolor dummy lol!

No way! lol we had a few that didn't know it was blackball rules and another one or two that didn't know them lol. But it made no difference it was still a good night. I'm just making sure that anyone who intends on playing in glenrothes next season knows there's different rules as james has put his name in the hat and had no idea. cheers

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:40 am

Anyone know the Otters head in Glenrothes? It's been mentioned as a pub that might be looking for a team next year. It's in Woodside.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:04 am

i've heard its a dump but that was from the guy that runs the woodside Laughing
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:19 am

STOO01 wrote:i've heard its a dump but that was from the guy that runs the woodside Laughing

lol well he may be a little biased but still I think we might need to look at pubs who already have teams. A pub without a team might be a warning sign in some cases??? lol.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:42 pm

Ok here's a tough one, there's a pub called Mo's that has no sky tv and a table that has some obstructions. BUT we get the Indian food there once every two weeks. It's been said on the EFPL forum that they might be looking for e team. I propose a scoutting mission/pissup for us boys in glenrothes soon!

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:16 pm

Brian o'donnel and jimmy swain also want in for this.

Brain
Jimmy
Stoo
Scott
Me
Baba
Simon
Alan
James
Team as far as I know, so far.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:06 am

Minty and brian thomson may want in this team
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:18 am

Brilliant, will try sell brian on it tonight then. really we can afford to have a pretty big squad because it's 16 singles.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:31 am

STOO01 wrote:Minty and brian thomson may want in this team

hope so....would be great to et these boys in the team...

what about ev dick every 2nd week wen he isnt working nyts??

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:45 am

yeh kev might be interested i havent asked him he works night shift at the moment the money grabbing cunt .but there are other that dont even know about this team
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:29 pm

STOO01 wrote:yeh kev might be interested i havent asked him he works night shift at the moment the money grabbing cunt .but there are other that dont even know about this team

i can see us going straight up into the top 3 with the players interested and im sure we will have more.....i mite struggle to get a game Laughing
lwb u can be the football card seller lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:06 pm

Aye team mascot after last night lol. I'll never play as poorly as I did last night again that's for sure. It's looking like a very good team already. Obviously we need to get a team hopefully full of players that will be keen to come every week and for the full season. cheers

LWB

Back to top Go down

Thinking of starting a team for 08-09 - Page 2 Empty glenrothes pool

Post  Guest Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:48 am

4 players from the brig are signed for styx,we are playing in the top eight game at the moment

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:18 am

dodgy wrote:4 players from the brig are signed for styx,we are playing in the top eight game at the moment

which brig players??
i played against styx for woodside and didnt see any of the brig boys

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:25 pm

dougie,haswell,scott,frappie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:26 pm

we have not played all season,but are in the tourneys

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:12 pm

dodgy wrote:we have not played all season,but are in the tourneys

am in 3man team in styx on tuesday nyt

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:00 am

dodgy wrote:dougie,haswell,scott,frappie

Are any of these boys interested in playing for the leven team next year then? c'mooooooooooooooooon

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:58 am

bambooozled wrote:
dodgy wrote:4 players from the brig are signed for styx,we are playing in the top eight game at the moment

which brig players??
i played against styx for woodside and didnt see any of the brig boys

Think they play for Styx A bamboo, thats the no so good side that plays at Styx Cool Woodside r due to play them on 19 March, but saying that they r the no so good side they had a cracking result last week winning 11 - 5 against Station A. Exclamation Exclamation
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:39 am

i hear bamby has been busy looking for a venue for the leven squad , he's come up with........styx E team i think he said anyway it sounds good as styx would be willing if we get elected to the league to pay the league fees .all we need now is the application to the league and to get accepted at the meeting sometime in June. tongue
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:57 pm

STOO01 wrote:i hear bamby has been busy looking for a venue for the leven squad , he's come up with........styx E team i think he said anyway it sounds good as styx would be willing if we get elected to the league to pay the league fees .all we need now is the application to the league and to get accepted at the meeting sometime in June. tongue

styx E team haha Laughing
theres 3 tables the now....with 2 teams there....so we will be their 3rd team so some weeks we will have another styx team playing at the same time as us so should be good banter Cool
spoke to gogz about the letter last night so ill type a letter out and get him to double check it to see if its good enough then all we gotta do is see if we get accepted Very Happy

also seen scott wedderburn and stevie haswell in styx on tuesday....they r going to stay with their styx A team tho....so we can get some banter when we hose them everytime we play them Laughing lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next