Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

+3
LWB
BABA
STOO01
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Thinking of starting a team for 08-09 - Page 3 Empty Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  STOO01 Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:32 am

i was on the Glenrothes site and posted about the styx as a venue, Elveis replyed with this message.

On 2008-03-06 19:23, Elvis wrote:
Stoo is this the leven team thats found a venue to play their pool?
or is it a shop window for spencer. I believe he was offered the woodside over a week ago. The question you need to look at is it the best for your team or is it the best for spencer?

answers on a POSTcard please
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Thinking of starting a team for 08-09 - Page 3 Empty Re: Thinking of starting a team for 08-09

Post  redbeard Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:59 am

i'm always the 1st to critisice lil bambi spencer!! but i'd say tae elvis sounds a touch harsh. The dude just wants to play good pool with good players, leave it at that and every buggers happy.
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:21 am

I still think a wee trip to glenrothes for some of the guys wanting to play would be good. A meeting for the guys wanting to play before we put the letter in would be good too because we're gonna have to fork out some cash, is that right? So we need make sure we have players keen enough to travel every week.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:14 am

STOO01 wrote:i was on the Glenrothes site and posted about the styx as a venue, Elveis replyed with this message.

or is it a shop window for spencer. I believe he was offered the woodside over a week ago. The question you need to look at is it the best for your team or is it the best for spencer?

aye well he posted this the same night i was actually in the woodside so the way i see it now is if anyone does decide on the woodside as a venue....ill be giving it a miss as he could have spoken to me in the pub while i was there instead of posting it on the net for all to see.....ARSE!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:23 am

bambooozled wrote:
STOO01 wrote:i was on the Glenrothes site and posted about the styx as a venue, Elveis replyed with this message.

aye well he posted this the same night i was actually in the woodside so the way i see it now is if anyone does decide on the woodside as a venue....ill be giving it a miss as he could have spoken to me in the pub while i was there instead of posting it on the net for all to see.....ARSE!!!

To all involved with the Leven team:-

I was hearing to-night that the "A" team that play in the Dixon Arms in the Glenrothes are folding and will not be entering a team for next season, so if u boys fancy this as a venue give it a visit and see what u think, they have a free pool night on a Monday so why not arrange for a few of you to pay a visit and check the place oot, Bambi will vouch for the grub being of a good standard in this pub. Laughing Laughing grow up
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:50 pm

probably one of the best venues in glenrothes for the grub and the tables really good as well Wink
i would be happy to play there if thats what the team wanted to do.....not much time to decide tho and styx have already said they would pay our league fee's etc so i guess it would depend on if dixons would do the same lol

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:53 pm

bambooozled wrote:probably one of the best venues in glenrothes for the grub and the tables really good as well Wink
i would be happy to play there if thats what the team wanted to do.....not much time to decide tho and styx have already said they would pay our league fee's etc so i guess it would depend on if dixons would do the same lol

Yes, I would suggest that u make a visit to the pub and ask to speak to Matt Dixon or call the pub:- 01592 770171. Don't know how official it is that the "A" team r disbanding though, so he might b a bit in the dark. Very Happy Smile

Free pool on a Monday, why not get a couple of u Leven superstars up and give it a try Question Question Idea

Or should I say soapstars. Laughing Laughing
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:05 am

Don't know if anyone is still interested in this idea but I know that we have to make some decisions and get a letter in at some point this month, so is anyone gonna throw their hat in for captain and try sort something oot?

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:18 pm

im still interested and would be happy to take the letter thru as i will be playing with the woodside team in the 3man team soon but ive got too much on right now for me to find the time to write out a letter if anyone wants to take charge of doing that and get it to me Wink

the AGM is end of this month and it HAS to be in by then or we will not have a team for next year. stoo ur the man with the connections to find out if we have enough people up for this king

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:25 pm

I assume that the first thing that would need to be done would be get a pub to play in?

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:14 am

the pub in markinch seems very interested in having us play for them a deal may be arranged in time for the meeting thursday if someone can attend with the letter
so it may still happen next season so keep wednesday night free Exclamation
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:21 am

joebuck wrote:
bambooozled wrote:probably one of the best venues in glenrothes for the grub and the tables really good as well Wink

Yes, I would suggest that u make a visit to the pub and ask to speak to Matt Dixon or call the pub:- 01592 770171. Don't know how official it is that the "A" team r disbanding though, so he might b a bit in the dark. Very Happy Smile

Free pool on a Monday, why not get a couple of u Leven superstars up and give it a try Question Question Idea

Or should I say soapstars. Laughing Laughing

Forget about the Dixons for next year anyway, there seems to b confusion on what is happening there and by the time it gets sorted out it will be to late for u boys so get somewhere else sorted out. May b 2 teams there next year maybe not Question
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:26 am

STOO01 wrote:the pub in markinch seems very interested in having us play for them a deal may be arranged in time for the meeting thursday if someone can attend with the letter
so it may still happen next season so keep wednesday night free Exclamation

I text u boys about this and u still have time to submit a letter, find a pub and get enough boys and send letter in, Dave Slater has been in contact with Bamboo about this Markinch pub so go have a look Idea

Then get letter in Exclamation
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:29 am

davie slater and his boss havent called me bk but he said he would write the letter and pay the fee's and we would bring the team in so just waiting to hear bk from him.
ive got no idea about the venue as i dont know it lol!
when he fones me bk ill post and if he doesnt well....he doesnt lol!
ill txt slater tho

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sun May 04, 2008 9:58 am

Take it boys r not going ahead with this Question Idea Question Exclamation
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 04, 2008 2:03 pm

joebuck wrote:Take it boys r not going ahead with this Question Idea Question Exclamation

no-one willing to take charge except myself if i coulda but i work too much these days and could never make meetings and even finding time to sort stuff out was a problem....i told slaters boss if he done the letter, payed the fee's and he represented us at the meeting to get us in then we would provide a team but never heard bk from them unfortunately and im sure its too late now anyways

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:55 am

Looks like the Glenrothes team from Leven is taking shape now in the form of "Styx A" with the following all in this team now.

Deek Allan
Scott Wedderburn
S Haswell
Mike McHale
D Hutt
P Cheeney

Looks like you are no good enough for the Glenrothes team from Leven Bambi Question
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Show Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:25 am

joebuck wrote:Looks like the Glenrothes team from Leven is taking shape now in the form of "Styx A" with the following all in this team now.

Deek Allan
Scott Wedderburn
S Haswell
Mike McHale
D Hutt
P Cheeney

Looks like you are no good enough for the Glenrothes team from Leven Bambi Question

P Cheeney don't play in for styx and D Hutt is a glenrothes player playing in leven like yersel joe
weddy and haswell have been playing thru there 4 a cpl o seasons now
Big Show
Big Show

Birthday : 1984-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:05 am

Bundy wrote:
joebuck wrote:Looks like the Glenrothes team from Leven is taking shape now in the form of "Styx A" with the following all in this team now.

Deek Allan
Scott Wedderburn
S Haswell
Mike McHale
D Hutt
P Cheeney

P Cheeney don't play in for styx and D Hutt is a glenrothes player playing in leven like yersel joe
weddy and haswell have been playing thru there 4 a cpl o seasons now

There is a P Cheeney signed for them in any case, maybe somone with the same name Question Question
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3