Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer league anyone?

+5
ayeright
Baldy
redbeard
STOO01
LWB
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Summer league anyone? Empty Summer league anyone?

Post  LWB Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:48 am

It seems like we're one of the only leagues about that doesn't run a summer league. Just wondered if this is something that teams would be interested in. Keeping in mind that would could easily change the format so suit, so we wouldn't need teams to have 8 every week.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Summer league anyone? Empty Re: Summer league anyone?

Post  STOO01 Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:14 am

The 5 man team was started up as the summer cup in our league 1989 i think but the lack of interest stopped the competition. people maybe want to get outside more in the summer months cos the weather is shite.holidays and thay
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:25 am

yes probably a fair bit less people would want to play thourgh the summer. But I'd think that maybe now we could get something running. Forgetting about the teams as they are in the league now would be an idea. By that I mean we could get maybe 6 teams, but it wouldn't have to be Brig, den, buck, blazers... We could just get any group of guys playing out of any pub. So for example if a few from the windsor wanted to play, and they knew a few boys from the brig that wanted to play, they could just make up a team name and play out of wherever would have them. There's gotta be a milion different ways we could do it, but I for one don't mind going to the pub on a thursday night! summer, winter, rain or shine lol.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:41 am

LWB wrote:yes probably a fair bit less people would want to play thourgh the summer. But I'd think that maybe now we could get something running. Forgetting about the teams as they are in the league now would be an idea. By that I mean we could get maybe 6 teams, but it wouldn't have to be Brig, den, buck, blazers... We could just get any group of guys playing out of any pub. So for example if a few from the windsor wanted to play, and they knew a few boys from the brig that wanted to play, they could just make up a team name and play out of wherever would have them. There's gotta be a milion different ways we could do it, but I for one don't mind going to the pub on a thursday night! summer, winter, rain or shine lol.

Hey i think that would be pretty interesting, maybe 6 to a team but definatley mixing teams so its different from the rest of the year? why the feck no...
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:34 am

Definitely interested. Sure a few of the Windsor boys will be up for it. We go out every Thurs, game or not and summer is always a long wait till the start of the new season.
Baldy
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:21 am

Baldy wrote:Definitely interested. Sure a few of the Windsor boys will be up for it. We go out every Thurs, game or not and summer is always a long wait till the start of the new season.

Now we're getting somewhere lol. Come the time I'd think a lot of players will think the same. We got another half a season to think about it, but those sunny thursday afternoons will be making a lot of us thirsty, and if we're in the pub's anyway... drunken

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  ayeright Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:15 pm

Baldy wrote:Definitely interested. Sure a few of the Windsor boys will be up for it. We go out every Thurs, game or not and summer is always a long wait till the start of the new season.

I'm no playing unless baldy is still on ma team. Couldn't bear being away fi him on a thursday night! Embarassed

ayeright

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:09 am

ayeright wrote:

I'm no playing unless baldy is still on ma team. Couldn't bear being away fi him on a thursday night! Embarassed

On the same kinda note i'm not playing if i still have to play with Bamboo on my team!!! Hehe lol!
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:44 am

ayeright wrote:

Who would try and tear you apart! You must have been delighted when you found out valentines day was a thursday! watch who's following you to the toilet this week baldy jocolor lol!

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:17 am

LWB wrote:
ayeright wrote:

Who would try and tear you apart! You must have been delighted when you found out valentines day was a thursday! watch who's following you to the toilet this week baldy jocolor lol!
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:18 am

redbeard wrote:
ayeright wrote:

On the same kinda note i'm not playing if i still have to play with Bamboo on my team!!! Hehe lol!

me either that bamboo's a tosser Laughing lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Fri May 09, 2008 11:35 am

ok do we want a summer league this summer i think maybe we do any teams interested should post here .ideas for this summer maybe keep it at 5 man team as 8 would be to much with people on holiday and shite . so if we can get 16 teams from the teams that are going to be playing together next season it would be good . fixtures to be played say july this would be a competition not affilated to the levenmouth pool league but hey who cares eh bad boys Laughing
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy Sat May 10, 2008 12:05 am

Ok Stoo, You know from last night that we're in.

Windsor B.
Baldy
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat May 10, 2008 2:15 am

thats at least enough teams for a final windsor and blazers another 2 and we can have a semi-final ,anyone else want in Question
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Sat May 10, 2008 6:36 am

not 100% sure but i think if it was a 5 man tourney the buck b would want a team in, whatcha think ya fuds?
pirat
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed May 28, 2008 5:22 am

or what about a mini league round robin with say 4 or 5 teams if theirs a shortage of teams wanting in
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 28, 2008 9:04 am

should be a rule no buck teams aloud

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Wed May 28, 2008 7:01 pm

MeatHead wrote:should be a rule no buck teams aloud

No blazers teams aloud meathead. Didn't you know the whole league is being hosted by the buck? Twisted Evil

Unfortunately I'm just winding your ticket, no there won't be buck teams there so you don't have to worry about us finishing above you again lol!. There won't be any pool teams at the buck next year as far as I know.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu May 29, 2008 3:50 am

is that right no teams fi the buck next year Sad
what about u boys playing somewhere else like the station , pish table but somewhere 3rd in the league and all that
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Thu May 29, 2008 6:09 am

STOO01 wrote:is that right no teams fi the buck next year Sad
what about u boys playing somewhere else like the station , pish table but somewhere 3rd in the league and all that

James is going to the station, Bampot is going to you's, not sure about the rest, we're homeless! I'd like to play at the douglas but doubt they are looking for players Crying or Very sad.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Thu May 29, 2008 6:17 am

havent heard anything about the Buck A myself, thought that they would play on there til the tables were removed, you heard different lwb?

Aye replacements for James (station) Bambii (blazers) and Tich (movin south) were pretty much sorted, just seems the unsettled position of the Buck bein for sale is the problem. Woulda been good to get in to replace the winnie A, but one of there playes is doin their own thing. Think some players would happily go to the Douglas if they had room or wanted a B, but not the whole team would go. Have the Auld Hoose (molly malones, leven) ever had a team? saw they had a table last night. Never played but wasnt sure if it was maybe too small in there? any one know?
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu May 29, 2008 6:27 am

molly malons/ auld hoose leven played 3 seasons from 2000 then went to the tassie b i think scott simpson and the rest of the clan
all the teams that have been in the league are in the history pages 88-07 cheack the link if your bored another few pages people may not have been to http://www.freewebs.com/stoo01/leaguetables8807.htm
they may even have been thinking about entering , anyway you can play on a sunday for a steak pie No
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Thu May 29, 2008 8:31 am

If dates for this mini summer league are known then a few of the brig boys MAY be interested. Its dung going to the pub in summer when theres nothing on and having to beat big Jim at killer every week. lol! lol! lol! Another challenge would be great and also keep us ticking over.
Sean
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 29, 2008 10:39 am

bullseye0 wrote:If dates for this mini summer league are known then a few of the brig boys MAY be interested. Its dung going to the pub in summer when theres nothing on and having to beat big Jim at killer every week. lol! lol! lol! Another challenge would be great and also keep us ticking over.

if summer league takes place you's will have to listen to big jims songs on the jukebox every week again too jocolor lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Fri May 30, 2008 5:38 am

STOO01 wrote:thats at least enough teams for a final windsor and blazers another 2 and we can have a semi-final ,anyone else want in Question

or a mini league rather than a knock out competition
brig interested good good, not sure the format or total amount of teams yet so can give any exact dates of play
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next