Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking names for singles league

+3
Sean
LWB
STOO01
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Taking names for singles league Empty Taking names for singles league

Post  Guest Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:47 pm

A player has pulled out of the singles league and we are going to bring in a player to play in his place.....there will be 2 matches to catch-up as brians scores will be deleted.
Anyone know of anyone interested in playing in this post names here as we will be looking to do this as soon as possible.

So far theres:
J - windsor B
Gabs - Den Inn A

theres a lot more so ill post them on here later when ive been home afro

Back to top Go down

Taking names for singles league Empty Re: Taking names for singles league

Post  STOO01 Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:55 pm

ok got some names for the singles league starting 14 january
gabs - den inn a
lav - blazers
dean - windsor a
bandit - den inn a
johnson - argyle
terry - blazers
james - windsor a
still need 3 more to get this league started £10 to enter, hurry last few chances
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:39 pm

Stoo01 wrote:ok got some names for the singles league starting 14 january
gabs - den inn a
lav - blazers
dean - windsor a
bandit - den inn a
johnson - argyle
terry - blazers
james - windsor a
still need 3 more to get this league started £10 to enter, hurry last few chances

Are we looking at a 2nd division then? As talked about before the top half of each making D1 and the bottom D2?

Should be able to get Tich M and or Alan McWilliams. Will get in touch with them and see what they have to say.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:55 pm

Tich M from the Buck B wants in for this. cheers

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:43 am

Alan McWilliams has also said he wants in. cheers

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:01 am

ok thats 10 players for the new league
gary brunton - den inn a / ?
alan laverty - blazers /have number
dean - windsor a / ?
alan band - den inn a /have number
dwain johnson - argyle / ?
terry biggerstaff - blazers /have number
james quigley - windsor a /have number
tich - buck b / ?
Alan McWilliams - buck b / ?
jock wotherspoon - den b /have number
i need the contact numbers for buck b players can u get them for me lee ar bamboozled and get the fixture list sorted with contact numbers and home venues. joe can you get me deans number i wouldmt post them on the web site mail them to me (pm private mail)
i was thinking at the end of the season top 6 from both league can make up the 1st division next season
£10 entry,
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Taking names for singles league Empty singles league starting 14th

Post  Guest Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:46 am

good work stoo, the idea about the top 6 from each division making the 1st division and the bottom 6 making the 2nd division should be good.....only problem i could think of there is the prize money......2nd division would be easier to win and would have the exact same prize money so i think that would maybe have to be talked bout to see what we can do about it or if everyones happy with that staying that way then id be happy with it....ill still be trying to stay in top division either way even if i aint good enough to get in the money lol Cool

looking forward to playing ma next match even tho its a couple weeks away.....
stoo can you let me know if the blazers boys in the singles league would be up for a 75 ball competition being run as well for the people in the singles league??

could take names from both leagues and run a bigger one if everyone wants to Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:01 am

Stoo01 wrote:ok thats 10 players for the new league
gary brunton - den inn a / ?
alan laverty - blazers /have number
dean - windsor a / ?
alan band - den inn a /have number
dwain johnson - argyle / ?
terry biggerstaff - blazers /have number
james quigley - windsor a /have number
tich - buck b / ?
Alan McWilliams - buck b / ?
jock wotherspoon - den b /have number
i need the contact numbers for buck b players can u get them for me lee ar bamboozled and get the fixture list sorted with contact numbers and home venues. joe can you get me deans number i wouldmt post them on the web site mail them to me (pm private mail)
i was thinking at the end of the season top 6 from both league can make up the 1st division next season
£10 entry,

Sent the numbers you asked for mate.

As far as the money goes, it would be a good idea making the first division have better cash, but I think maybe it would be more realistic to ask for less money from division 2 than more from division 1.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:11 am

about the money it is not a second division yet so maybe £10 is ok next year maybe different.
i'm the same i don't want to be in the bottom league and win it i want the challenge of the best players but i would say not all players in the league already running are better than the new league could settle this later £10 each this season total prize £120 old league ,£100 new league less players ideas for splitting it up maybe £70 - £35 - £15 dont know about a cup or shield what would 1 cost or 2 cost Question
new league £60 - £30 - £10
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:34 am

Stoo01 wrote:about the money it is not a second division yet so maybe £10 is ok next year maybe different.
i'm the same i don't want to be in the bottom league and win it i want the challenge of the best players but i would say not all players in the league already running are better than the new league could settle this later £10 each this season total prize £120 old league ,£100 new league less players ideas for splitting it up maybe £70 - £35 - £15 dont know about a cup or shield what would 1 cost or 2 cost Question
new league £60 - £30 - £10

yea i didnt mean right now about the prize money i meant when we sort out top division and lower Smile
would b best to run just 1 but players from both leagues can enter and would b seperate entry fee with that if we could get the numbers in it then could b run like the singles league n just mean uv got 2 matches to get thru in your 2 week space.
how about entry fee of either £3 or £5 maybe??
all ££ towards trophy and prize ££

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:01 am

so your talking about the 75 baw thing yes it's a good idea but you would have to get a quiet night in the boozer to play i suppose the same as the singles league, how long to pot 75 baws Question

What is tich fi the buck b name and does he want to play at buck or 3ways will he still have the pub in the new year Question

was anybody at any tournaments over the xmas period (boxing day) what about you bamboozled you make it to the rosyth one drunken
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:27 am

Tich doesn't have the 3ways now so he won't be playing there. He lives somewhere near the bayview but I'd expect since he drives he'll be playing his home games at the buck. We should definately try make it far more worth while to be in the top division, whether that's by a tidy trophy or cash or whatever. I would preffer the trophy route, think it comes with less problems.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:28 am

theres a guy called gerald mathewson that plays for the buck b lee said he goes by the name of tich haha no wonder he has a nick name Laughing
any other cool names out there sir arthur pendragon or farquay. henderson,wilson as a 1st name Embarassed
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:18 am

Stoo01 wrote:so your talking about the 75 baw thing yes it's a good idea but you would have to get a quiet night in the boozer to play i suppose the same as the singles league, how long to pot 75 baws Question

What is tich fi the buck b name and does he want to play at buck or 3ways will he still have the pub in the new year Question

was anybody at any tournaments over the xmas period (boxing day) what about you bamboozled you make it to the rosyth one drunken

aye the 75 baw trophy, depends how long u take to think about each shot stoo Razz
we used to play 100 ball in ma attic sometimes and never took long to finish those kinda games and we r pish so shouldnt take that long Laughing

id imagine he ould want to play his home games at the buck but even if u put down the buck as ur home venue that doesnt mean u play ur home games there necessarily......its up to the home player where you play really but yea id put it as the buck.
id also put his name as Tich Mathewson (might have spelt that wrong)

yeah i made it to the rosyth tournament was rather hungover and wasnt playing well not that it would matter as paddy moir and ross mckinnes played in the tournament.....paddy beat ross in the semi final then went on to win the final as well.....think he must have got around £400-£500 for it but i dont know as i left durin the final drunken

Back to top Go down

Taking names for singles league Empty Season 2008-09 registration

Post  STOO01 Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:47 pm

I've put together a registration sheet for next seasons jathro singles league. i was gonna go with points for a win and draw rather than points for a frame which i thought was the best idea but some players dont play or conced matches anyway have a look.

JATHROS
SINGLES LEAGUE

Season 2008-09
Each League will be made up of 12 Players playing each player once home or away depending on the outcome of the fixture list. The league will start sometime in October and run till April with a break at Christmas. League 1 will be £10 entry Fee, League 2 will be £7 Entry Fee and any other leagues will be £5 per player.

Each fixture is over 6 frames all frames should be played, First player to win 4 frames wins the match and 2 points, When all the frames are played and the score ends up 3-3 then it’s a draw and 1 point to each player. Any score less than 3 frames, no points.

It is up to both players in the fixture to contact each other as both players phone number will be provided, each fixture should be completed within the 2 weeks given on the fixture sheet, if a player cannot arrange the fixture then he should contact the other player and arrange it for another date .no game should be conceded. The home players have choice of venue, the venue on fixture list is a guide if both players agree to play elsewhere then that’s fine. If any player has bother arranging a fixture post on the web for help. The fixture list can be found on the web site under Jathros League Singles and fixtures can be arranged on the forum under Jathros Singles League but no phone numbers are available on the web so don’t lose your fixture list once its given to you.

Prize money : League 1 – 1st £80, 2nd £30, 3rd £10
League 2 – 1st £60, 2nd £24
League 3 – 1st £45, 2nd £15
75 Ball Knock out – depending on amount that enter - £5 entry

All results should be text to Stoo or posted on the web at - http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/ In the Forum, Jathros Singles League, Post Results Page.

REGISTRATION FOR JATHROS SINGLES LEAGUE

YOUR NAME :

TEAM YOU PLAY FOR :

HOME VENUE PREFERRED :

FIRST CONTACT - MOBILE NUMBER :

SECOND CONTACT – HOME NUMBER :

Harsh notice : Any player with a backlog of 3 or more fixtures will be excluded from the league, there will be a period of 2 weeks that all fixtures must be played within. No game to be conceded

so what do people think is this idea good or bad keep the 7 frames or go for 6 and a draw
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:59 am

am with you on that stoo, sounds good. boot time u had a good idea lol. you could even do play 6 frames and if someone gets 4 then thy get 3 points, if its a draw at 3-3 then both players get a point but play a deciding frame with the winner gettin an extre point, makes it a bit more interestin. jus a wee suggestion

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:55 am

MeatHead wrote:am with you on that stoo, sounds good. boot time u had a good idea lol. you could even do play 6 frames and if someone gets 4 then thy get 3 points, if its a draw at 3-3 then both players get a point but play a deciding frame with the winner gettin an extre point, makes it a bit more interestin. jus a wee suggestion

good idea thats all i do, i wake up in the night with ideas all the time i hardly sleep Laughing
i wasnt sure whether to go for 3 points or 2 . i like the idea of the draw and the extra point but a win would have to be 3pts then.
beat lav at thornton 90 - 97 first time ive played there the cunts up there r so pompus but the course is nice.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:09 am

Why dont we just forget about the pool and have a 7 - a - side football tournament in the summer at Kirkland or something. cherry cherry
Sean
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:31 am

Im in, canny run worth a fuck tho show off super star
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:14 am

bullseye0 wrote:Why dont we just forget about the pool and have a 7 - a - side football tournament in the summer at Kirkland or something. cherry cherry

love the idea would be a laugh Laughing

Manager = Joe buck - Jimmy Calderwood

Goalkeeper = Stoo Warren - jim leighton
Defender = Lee Boyd - carlos cuellar
Defender = Baldy - Jaap Stam
Midfielder = Bullseye - Diego Maradona
Midfielder = Deek - Niel Lennon
Midfielder = Redbeard - Carlos Valderama
Striker = Meathead - Arshavin

Subs
Midfielder = thelegend - Gennaro Gattuso
Defender = Bundy - Jan Molby
Striker = Bampot - Arjen Robben

lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:22 am

count me in for a game o footy lol, aslong as yi kin bring drink.

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:10 pm

I'm no happy about this goalkeeper jim is a legend but im more your silky stand about in midfield passing the the ball about and making play if you kin what i mean . jan molby was midfield not defender squire . you spent along time putting this squad together but who ya gonna play.
meathead drink you canny make up your mind for months it was im no drinking im training now its AA
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:20 pm

fuk trainin, mare drinkin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:44 am

STOO01 wrote:I'm no happy about this goalkeeper jim is a legend but im more your silky stand about in midfield passing the the ball about and making play if you kin what i mean . jan molby was midfield not defender squire . you spent along time putting this squad together but who ya gonna play.
meathead drink you canny make up your mind for months it was im no drinking im training now its AA

i went with the information i was told by the AA man Wink Laughing
making play.......so your saying u have "hair" .....a mean "flair" lol! jocolor

ill think up a B team to play against the next time im bored and canny sleep Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:47 pm

haha spencer ur a funny guy
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content