Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking names for singles league

+3
Sean
LWB
STOO01
7 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Taking names for singles league - Page 2 Empty season 2008/09

Post  STOO01 Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:58 am

ok chaps i have a few names but should get the rest for the september meeting then if we've got 12 or 24 then were good to go for october fixtures will be handed out in time for the league starting.
blazers players 1st as i have the sheet
1 A Baba (Blazers)
2 A Brian thonson (Blazers)
3 A scott spencer (Blazers)
4 B Lav (Blazers)
5 Gabs (blazers and sponsor)
6 Bandit (Blazers)
7 A Stoo (Blazers)
8 A ian Murray (Ahw)
9 A james anderson (Station)
10 A Dwinks (Argyle)
11 B Joe Buck (Douglas)
12 A Deek Allen (Brig)
13 B Den (AHW)
14 B Jim White (Brig)
15 A Mike Mchale (Den)
16 A Paul Cheeney (brig)
17 B Pete morton (AHW)
18 B Davy Haycock (Blazers)
19 B Jim McIlroy (Buck)
20 B Mark Watson (Blazers)
21 B Pete Simpson (AHW)

these are the boys ive spoke to or have confirmed there in. if ive forgot someone there is still time but if you dont feel you can complete all the fixtures dont enter .post below pirat

21 need 3 more for 2 leagues

Last edited by STOO01 on Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:00 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : updated amount of players)
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Taking names for singles league - Page 2 Empty Re: Taking names for singles league

Post  STOO01 Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:16 am

jathros invitational league this year hoping to get 2 leagues so if your not already in get your name down
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Taking names for singles league - Page 2 Empty Re: Taking names for singles league

Post  Guest Mon May 04, 2009 5:40 am

have anyone expressed an interest in playing in this in the next season yet?? plenty time to go i know.

wasnt too keen on the format we had this year even tho it worked pretty well.....i preffered the format where it was just a whole league and if we wanted we could add a cup....just a suggestion.

must be others with ideas on how the jathro's trophy could be improved?

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat May 09, 2009 7:41 am

Bampot wrote:have anyone expressed an interest in playing in this in the next season yet?? plenty time to go i know.

wasnt too keen on the format we had this year even tho it worked pretty well.....i preffered the format where it was just a whole league and if we wanted we could add a cup....just a suggestion.

must be others with ideas on how the jathro's trophy could be improved?

the reason we changed from the big league format to the small league was to let more players take part and have a chance to win the title if we had an "A" & "B" league then "B" would not be able to winthe title, i think a league of 20 - 24 would be to long and players at the bottom would lose interest and conced as happened in the first season. (to many dodgy results,as i later found out players were conceding frames and matches)

the groups were 6 players and top 2 qualifying for the quarters the groups may be larger next time maybe 4 groups of 8 or 10 with the semi-final and final played at a single venue like the league does on a sunday.

in my opinion the league format was better than last seasons only problem for me was getting people to play the later rounds a bit sooner.

but any good ideas would be concidered of course confused
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Taking names for singles league - Page 2 Empty Taking names for Jathro's League 2009/10

Post  STOO01 Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:05 am

may as well make a start on this. we started last season in november, gonna try to get started in september or october at the latest this time.
i personally enjoyed the league over the last two season even tho i wiz pish in some matches.

we had 23 players last season in 3 sections of 6 and 1 of 5 with the top two in each section progressing to the quarter finals , i feel this format is best and we should go for this again this season as everyone who enters has a chance to win the cup.
if we had 2 leagues maybe players in the second division may feel left out of it with no chance to win the cup as it would have to go to the league 1 winner.

when selecting the groups last time i seeded 8 players before making the draw,with 2 of the seeds going into each section and then drawing the rest.
we could do a similar thing this season with the qualifiers from last time being seeded if they enter or highest finishers being taken into account if needed.

blackball rules seemed to work fine last season in my opinion dont know what the league are on about "too many rules to learn" we figured them out in the space of 4 or 5 matches at least and if your no sure all you had to do was ask your opponent
we did leave out the timed games as their wiz no ref's

i did have a wee bit trouble getting the cash of a couple of players last time mostly just people forgetting about it so i may have to ask for the money upfront.
3 players aint payed yet thats why i havent payed mike mchale and brian thomson yet for getting to the semi finals of the jathros league last time . still hoping to get the cash to them in the near future, i wont forget pirat

also we may want to have a finals day like the league does for their compitions, say the last 4 on a sunday 2pm venue up for grabs, it may be better this way as some players took so long to play their semi-finals and the final was delayed as well this way everyone know if they dont turn up for the final then it goes to the players who could be arsed to turn up get the chance to play for the title.

so get your name posted or tell me and i'll put your name doon

1 Stoo - Blazers
2 Keil - Argyle
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:41 am

STOO01 wrote:may as well make a start on this. we started last season in november, gonna try to get started in september or october at the latest this time.
i personally enjoyed the league over the last two season even tho i wiz pish in some matches.

we had 23 players last season in 3 sections of 6 and 1 of 5 with the top two in each section progressing to the quarter finals , i feel this format is best and we should go for this again this season as everyone who enters has a chance to win the cup.
if we had 2 leagues maybe players in the second division may feel left out of it with no chance to win the cup as it would have to go to the league 1 winner.

when selecting the groups last time i seeded 8 players before making the draw,with 2 of the seeds going into each section and then drawing the rest.
we could do a similar thing this season with the qualifiers from last time being seeded if they enter or highest finishers being taken into account if needed.

blackball rules seemed to work fine last season in my opinion dont know what the league are on about "too many rules to learn" we figured them out in the space of 4 or 5 matches at least and if your no sure all you had to do was ask your opponent
we did leave out the timed games as their wiz no ref's

i did have a wee bit trouble getting the cash of a couple of players last time mostly just people forgetting about it so i may have to ask for the money upfront.
3 players aint payed yet thats why i havent payed mike mchale and brian thomson yet for getting to the semi finals of the jathros league last time . still hoping to get the cash to them in the near future, i wont forget pirat

also we may want to have a finals day like the league does for their compitions, say the last 4 on a sunday 2pm venue up for grabs, it may be better this way as some players took so long to play their semi-finals and the final was delayed as well this way everyone know if they dont turn up for the final then it goes to the players who could be arsed to turn up get the chance to play for the title.

so get your name posted or tell me and i'll put your name doon

1 Stoo - Blazers
2 Keil - Argyle
3 Joe Buck - Douglas
4 Stevie Gillies - Tassie
5 Scott Spencer - Blazers
6 Wullie Dunlop - Auld Hoose W
7 Terry Biggerstaff - Auld Hoose W
8 Alan McWilliams - Brig
9 Gary Brunton - Blazers
10 Robert Warrender - Blazers

Added

Last edited by STOO01 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:57 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : keep adding names)
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:47 am

stick ma name doon tae young man Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Show Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:37 am

Stick ma name in the mix lad am always up fur a few frames
Big Show
Big Show

Birthday : 1984-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:46 am

Bundy wrote:Stick ma name in the mix lad am always up fur a few frames

different gravy bundy?? ur soundin like the styx tomato (ca mind his name but am sure ull know who am on about) Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Show Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:36 am

[/quote]different gravy bundy?? ur soundin like the styx tomato (ca mind his name but am sure ull know who am on about) Laughing[/quote]

do u mean chris burke lol
Big Show
Big Show

Birthday : 1984-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:14 am

Bundy wrote:
different gravy bundy?? ur soundin like the styx tomato (ca mind his name but am sure ull know who am on about) Laughing[/quote]

do u mean chris burke lol[/quote]

that would be the 1 lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:00 pm

do u have to be signed for someone to play in this?

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:07 am

MeatHead wrote:do u have to be signed for someone to play in this?

anyone can play in this as a few players did last season

but you can only play if ur signed wi blazers young man , you dont have to use blazers as your home venue for this competition you can play out of ahw, tassie or whatever.
i would be playing my games were i get free pool tho.

Last edited by STOO01 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:12 am

i have a few more names interested in this seasons league

1 Stoo - Blazers
2 Keil - Argyle
3 Joe Buck - Douglas
8 Alan McWilliams - Brig
9 Gary Brunton - Blazers
11 deek allan - brig
12 ian murray - ahw
13 rab mcgregor - tassie
14 simon johnston - tassie, canny mind if he said aye or no
15 brian thomson - blazers

i'm sure i asked more but canny mind who i asked. aw err the weekend
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:21 pm

STOO01 wrote:i have a few more names interested in this seasons league

1 Stoo - Blazers
2 Keil - Argyle
3 Joe Buck - no team, not playing in Leven but with still play in this, will play all games away from home!
8 Alan McWilliams - Brig
9 Gary Brunton - Blazers
11 deek allan - brig
12 ian murray - ahw
13 rab mcgregor - tassie

joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:01 am

joebuck wrote:
STOO01 wrote:i have a few more names interested in this seasons league

1 Stoo - Blazers
2 Keil - Argyle
3 Joe Buck - no team, not playing in Leven but with still play in this, will play all games away from home!
8 Alan McWilliams - Brig
9 Gary Brunton - Blazers
11 deek allan - brig
12 ian murray - ahw
13 rab mcgregor - tassie

you dont have to play all your games away you could pick a pub and play out of there there is no restrictions on your home venue.
but if you would rather play all games away i'm sure i can sort that out for you joe Wink
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:54 am

how do a ave to be signed for blazers to play in it?

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:07 am

MeatHead wrote:how do a ave to be signed for blazers to play in it?

thats a Bite
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:09 am

u been fishing joe lol

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:01 am

MeatHead wrote:u been fishing joe lol

No me! But a think Stoo has been Question
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:47 pm

stoo can u take the venue off my name as im no playin my matches at blazers Razz

stick my venue down as the brig cheers Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:35 am

a doubt am gonna be playing in the league next year, can i still play in the jathros?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:13 pm

MeatHead wrote:a doubt am gonna be playing in the league next year, can i still play in the jathros?

aye coz jathro's has nothin to do with the leven league Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:14 pm

stoo when u getting this started?

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:47 am

spawnyspencer wrote:stoo when u getting this started?

what about start of october , i'll give everybody that wiz in last year a text to see whos in ok young man

Last edited by STOO01 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next