Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finals Venues and end of season Presentation

3 posters

Go down

Best finals Venue

Finals Venues and end of season Presentation Vote_lcap0%Finals Venues and end of season Presentation Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Finals Venues and end of season Presentation Vote_lcap10%Finals Venues and end of season Presentation Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Finals Venues and end of season Presentation Vote_lcap0%Finals Venues and end of season Presentation Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Finals Venues and end of season Presentation Vote_lcap10%Finals Venues and end of season Presentation Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Finals Venues and end of season Presentation Vote_lcap30%Finals Venues and end of season Presentation Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Finals Venues and end of season Presentation Empty Finals Venues and end of season Presentation

Post  STOO01 Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:50 am

All the finals (competitions) take place at different venues. the way it happens is all the teams wanting a venue get put in the hat and each competition drawn with a venue is this the best idea with some venues not as good as others, what about voting on your top 3 venues (chairmans view) and the most popular getting the finals, this might make it the same venues for the finals each season other teams may not get a final ever, what venue has a good table, can it be moved from the bar to a better room in the pub, good for spectators to watch the game, is it big enough or to big should teams hosting finals last season be allowed to have finals this season Question

What venue would you like to see for the presentation at the end of the season Question
last 2 presentations have been Douglas and Maxwells.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Finals Venues and end of season Presentation Empty Re: Finals Venues and end of season Presentation

Post  redbeard Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:17 am

With every effort not to be biased I reckon the Buck & hind is the best venue in the league for a final, plenty room to watch, Rab really looks after the tables (hell he even polished our balls last week!!! Embarassed ) hehe

a lot of places are a shade on the small side, maxwells would be ideal maybe thru the hall, but play a final on the #@$# wee table??? couldnt see that. Think i'd be happy to play at the douglas, is the table still intact???
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Finals Venues and end of season Presentation Empty Finals for season 2008-09

Post  STOO01 Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:08 am

The finals will be selected at the February meeting any teams not present will be excluded. Only teams currently playing in this seasons league can host a final.
The finals venues should have a decent table with room to play on all sides of the table with no obstructions (it was said at the january meeting) for to be included in the draw or vote which ever way it is decided.

1) The 100 ball will have 4 full teams with 8 players from each team at this venue so should be big enough to host players and spectators with enough room for play. (sunday afternoon)
2) 3 man teams venue - 4 teams + subs (sunday afternoon)
3) doubles venue - 4 pairs + subs (sunday afternoon)
4) singles venue - 8 players (sunday afternoon)
5) captain vice captain venue - 4 pairs (wednesday night)

five seperate venues (pub) will host a final

Presentation this takes place at the end of season and a venue with a sizeable hall will be needed.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Finals Venues and end of season Presentation Empty Re: Finals Venues and end of season Presentation

Post  Guest Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:49 am

hopefully AHW will et a few finals venues 3man would be good there (since am in it) lol! would like to see the singles at AHW or the BRIG....gotta be 2 of the best tables in the league!

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:44 am

Bampot wrote:hopefully AHW will et a few finals venues 3man would be good there (since am in it) lol! would like to see the singles at AHW or the BRIG....gotta be 2 of the best tables in the league!

there is still obstructions on the ahw table they may not get a finals chance, brig will probably get a final they get 1 every year as do the buck
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:38 am

ahw has 1 obstruction at 1 of the corners and thats it.....its a great venue....pretty petty if they arent considered for that reason

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:34 pm

venues to be concidered for this years final venues:

1 Brig Tavern - ok / no obstructions / plenty room for spectators
2 Blazers - ok / no obstruction / plenty room for spectators / rolls off not level
3 Buck'n'Hynd - ok / no obstructions / plenty room for spectators
4 Empire Bar - ok / no obstructions / plenty room for spectators
5 Douglas Arms - ok (table is not level tho) / no obstructions . plenty room for spectators

6 Station - ok / no obstuctions / plenty of room for spectators

table with issues:

6 Auld Hoose Buckhaven - i think there is a side that is close to a wall ?
7 Auld Hoose Windygates - was not allowed to be selected as a final last season by the compity
8 Windsor - like the ahw there is obstuctions like the shelf, but they got the singles last year so it must be ok
9 Toll Bar - one or two side is close to a wall seating / plenty of room for spectators
10 Sunbeam - has a wall post in one corner that seems to come into play / plenty of room for spectators

tables that were excluded last year or not sure about / these tables may be excluded again:

Kirkland Bar - was excluded last year, but seems ok the walls do come into play in the small area with not much room for spectators
Railway Tavern - no idea i hear the table is in the bar with not much room ?
Argyle Bar - was not included in last seasons finals as the table rolls off (problem with floor i think they said)
Den Inn - obstruction at both ends of the table (walls) very tight not much room for spectators ,not included last year
Maxwells - small table with obstuctions (shelf, walls) not included in draw last year

so i think 10 tables that will be put forward with the other 6 venues with bigger issues (this is only my opinion not what is gonna happen or is the reason that teams wont be allowed a final)

presentation - Maxwells, Douglas, Buck'nHynd(02 or 03) have been the hosts in recent years.
other venues that have had the presentation or could be concidered - Toll Bar(90's sometime), Argyle(95ish), AHB, Empire

Last edited by STOO01 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:16 am; edited 4 times in total
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:01 am

STOO01 wrote:venues to be concidered for this years final venues:

1 Brig Tavern - ok / no obstructions / plenty room for spectators
2 Blazers - ok / no obstruction / plenty room for spectators
3 Buck'n'Hynd - ok / no obstructions / plenty room for spectators
4 Empire Bar - ok / no obstructions / plenty room for spectators
5 Douglas Arms - ok (table is not level tho) / no obstructions . plenty room for spectators

table with issues:

6 Auld Hoose Buckhaven - i think there is a side that is close to a wall ?
7 Auld Hoose Windygates - ok apart from 1 corner but still playable / we played boxing day with no complaints
8 Windsor - like the ahw there is obstuctions like the shelf, but they got the singles last year so it must be ok
9 Toll Bar - one or two side is close to a wall seating / plenty of room for spectators
10 Sunbeam - has a wall post in one corner that seems to come into play / plenty of room for spectators

tables that were excluded last year or not sure about / these tables may be excluded again:

Kirkland Bar - was excluded last year, but seems ok the walls do come into play in the small area with not much room for spectators
Station - no idea never been in to see since the table was moved from the small area like cupboard ?
Railway Tavern - no idea i hear the table is in the bar with not much room ?
Argyle Bar - was not included in last seasons finals as the table rolls off (problem with floor i think they said)
Den Inn - obstruction at both ends of the table (walls) very tight not much room for spectators ,not included last year
Maxwells - small table with obstuctions (shelf, walls) not included in draw last year

so i think 10 tables that will be put forward with the other 6 venues with bigger issues (this is only my opinion not what is gonna happen or is the reason that teams wont be allowed a final)

presentation - Maxwells, Douglas, Buck'nHynd(02 or 03) have been the hosts in recent years.
other venues that have had the presentation or could be concidered - Toll Bar(90's sometime), Argyle(95ish), AHB, Empire

BLAZERS

This table is not fit for the bonfire far less a FINAL. Shocking on Thursday at the league singles it was like being at the panto, the standard of pool on show was crap mostly caused by the useless lump of wood called a pool table.
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Only good thing about the night was the host, well done Lav ur a star. well done

The Auld Hoose Windygates has to be a MUST for a final, by far the best table in this league. show off super star

Last edited by joebuck on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : re arrangement of smileys)
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:06 am

the blazers table has its faults, like it is tight and their is rolls ,pockets do jump out but that is being delt with.
i played today in the 75 baw and it was tough to pot but thats good more of a chalenge , surly

when i got beat in the singles i never complaints about anything, just i could have done better stop crying

Last edited by STOO01 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:05 am

STOO01 wrote:the blazers table has its faults, like it is tight and their is rolls ,pockets do jump out but that is being delt with.
i played today in the 75 baw and it was tough to pot but thats good more of a chalenge , surly

when i got beat in the singles i never complaints about anything, just i could have done better stop crying (bambi,buck)

I do not have any complaints about my performance, just stating facts about a so called table Exclamation Exclamation
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 pm

everyone knows about the table not bein up to scratch, it got moved cause off incident at pub and hasnt been levelled again yet and stoo has jus bought new pockets so it should be fine after tht is fixed.best table ive played on in the league is the empire, very good

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:11 am

STOO01 wrote:the blazers table has its faults, like it is tight and their is rolls ,pockets do jump out but that is being delt with.

when i got beat in the singles i never complaints about anything, just i could have done better stop crying (bambi,buck)

joe moans n greets aboot the singles and the table and u bring ma name into it as usual ya cock, yes the table is shit but the only reason im out of the singles isnt coz of the table its coz i was playin really poor pool prob worst ive been all season i havent moaned or been greetin about the table but ive got to agree it isnt fit for any finals.....used to be a good table too Neutral

best table in the league is the brig by far and id say empire and ahw are also up there too.....station wasnt bad either except they didnt switch the heating on when we played them and it was freezin....had ti go ootside for a heat!!!

was good to hear joe buck got hosed 2-0 as well Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:04 am

sorry bambi ya cock i had just come in fi the boozer and thought it was posted by your goodself but it was joe the cock
new bags fitted wednesday so as not to have the argument wi t oats like lust season about the grren fluff in the pockets
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:34 am

STOO01 wrote:sorry bambi ya cock i had just come in fi the boozer and thought it was posted by your goodself but it was joe the cock
new bags fitted wednesday so as not to have the argument wi t oats like lust season about the grren fluff in the pockets

aye the bouncy green fluffy stuff haha! dont have ti worry am sure he wont make many finals Laughing

can anyone explain how railway tavern got a venue for the finals???????
and how AHW didnt get a finals venue Crying or Very sad

stoo am havin problems gettin soapy to play the 75 baw tie now......he keeps puttin it off and we got until sunday and unless its played tomorrow or thursday then it wont be played on time and am sick o doin all the chasin ive lost count on the ammount of times av foned um and im not even the home player a dont think!!!!!

when u fix the pockets at blazers are u gona level the table too coz its absolutely sh*te Evil or Very Mad
make sure you's have a team this week and mind am no playin this week....stick me as a sub but dont think ill be bk neways

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:35 am

Bampot wrote:
STOO01 wrote:sorry bambi ya cock i had just come in fi the boozer and thought it was posted by your goodself but it was joe the cock

aye the bouncy green fluffy stuff haha! dont have ti worry am sure he wont make many finals Laughing

can anyone explain how railway tavern got a venue for the finals???????
and how AHW didnt get a finals venue Crying or Very sad

stoo am havin problems gettin soapy to play the 75 baw tie now......he keeps puttin it off and we got until sunday and unless its played tomorrow or thursday then it wont be played on time and am sick o doin all the chasin ive lost count on the ammount of times av foned um and im not even the home player a dont think!!!!!

when u fix the pockets at blazers are u gona level the table too coz its absolutely sh*te Evil or Very Mad
make sure you's have a team this week and mind am no playin this week....stick me as a sub but dont think ill be bk neways

Railway have not been in the league long enough to have a shite and they get a final Question

AHW, the best table in the league by a mile and they get nought Question

Is this fair or is it POLITICS Question
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:47 am

captains decided if they should be entered in the finals draw . brodie - den inn said no to being in the draw . jonsy - windsor said no , comittee said maxwells had obstructions around table . comittee said toll had obstuctions around table . kirkland never attended the meeting so were excluded and ahb missed the draw cos they were late.
so that left 10 teams left in the draw for the 5 finals.

if there is a fairer way then lets hear about it. some league's have all the finals on the one day at one venue that aint gonna happen in leven in my opinion.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:55 am

i agree its a fair way to do the draw fo the finals yes.....but who would vote railway to get a final unless they were doin it to take the piss coz they arent in the final Evil or Very Mad

what did you's do....look at the draw and see my name in the 3man final and decided you's aw wanted ti wind me up and vote a crap venue? lol!

same wi the singles last year.....was gutted when windsor was the venue Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:36 am

The final venues were decided at the February meeting for the 2008-09 finals

the teams included in the draw had to be voted for or the team captain had to be present at the meeting
team not included were Windsor, Den Inn, Maxwells, Toll Bar, AHB, Kirkland

3 Man Team Final - Sunday 29th March - Railway Tavern

Doubles Final - Sunday 3rd May - Empire Bar

Singles Final - Sunday 24th May - Buck'n'Hynd

100 Ball Semi-Final & Final (4 Teams) - Sunday 12th April - Brig

Captain & Vice Captain Final - Wednesday 6th May - Blazers

no reserve venue was drawn that i remember.

A venue for the presentation is still needed for this season as well.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Finals Venues and end of season Presentation Empty Presentation 2009 Maxwells

Post  STOO01 Sun May 31, 2009 9:03 am

the presentation of trophys took place last friday in maxwells here is a short video of some of the awards - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofegjvuKQ6Q&feature=channel_page

chairman mark brodie on the mic
singles runner-up craig saunders
winner baba
league runnerup blazers
winner brig
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:55 am

the 2010 presentation will be held in maxwells again this year it was asked at the first meeting of the season "would teams want anything on at the presentation" ? yes was the answer from the captains so it was decided £10 from each team towards putting something on at the end of season
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat May 12, 2012 7:45 pm

2012 presentation will be held in the Buck'n'Hynd not sure the exact time , 18-5-2012

Roll of Honours

League 1
Auld Hoose Windygates
Den Inn 'A

League 2
Blazers
Central

100 Ball
Auld Hoose Windygates
Den Inn 'A

Singles
Auld Hoose - Baba
Auld Hoose - Mike Paterson

Doubles
Auld Hoose Windygates - Chris Corcoran / Mike Paterson
Den Inn 'A - Kevin Corcran / Dean Hutchison

3 Man Team
Auld Hoose Windygates - Chris Corcoran / Kieran Corcoran / Robert Warrender
Den Inn 'A - Mike McHale / Kevin Corcoran / DeanHutchison

Jathros
Auld Hoose Windygates - Robert Warrender
Den Inn 'A - Kevin Corcoran

75 Baw
Den Inn 'A - Dean Hutchison
Brig - Scott Wedderburn

Senior Singles
Douglas - Nicky McWiliams
Den Inn 'B - Less Lowe

C&VC
Blazers - George Kinninmonth / Stoo Warren
Den Inn 'A - Mike McHale / Gary Brunton

5 Man Team - Summer Cup
to be played June, July 2012
currently held by Den 'A

looking at the winners and runner ups it looks like only the Auld Hoose and Den 'A are the only teams competing for the top competitions

not including 5 man team
so for the 10 competitions

Auld Hoose won 6 runnerup 1
Den 'A won 1 runnerup 6
Blazers won 2 runnerup 0
Douglas won 1 runnerup 0
Brig won 0 runnerup 1
Den 'B won 0 runnerup 1
Central won 0 runnerup 1
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down