Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open Discussions

+12
gabs
terry
peterloon
the waterboy
Baldy
Sean
ayeright
redbeard
BABA
joebuck
LWB
STOO01
16 posters

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Go down

Open Discussions - Page 19 Empty Re: Open Discussions

Post  STOO01 Sun May 16, 2010 8:57 pm

a fixture that was played a month ago can not be changed or altered there has been meeting's since the first game there aint a league meeting till the next agm

I think after the agm the minutes should be handed out to all the teams in the league , as there maybe rule changes or any other things that may change
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Show Mon May 17, 2010 7:34 am

STOO01 wrote:a fixture that was played a month ago can not be changed or altered there has been meeting's since the first game there aint a league meeting till the next agm

is that a league rule stoo or 1 o those unwritten 1's that no1 can argue wiv?????????????????????????? Laughing
Big Show
Big Show

Birthday : 1984-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  peterloon Mon May 17, 2010 9:06 pm

Stoo - I thought it was only new outside players that couldn't play.

I thought players who had already played in the league that lived outside the area or moved outside the area could still play in the league.

peterloon

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Mon May 17, 2010 9:29 pm

peterloon wrote:Stoo - I thought it was only new outside players that couldn't play.

I thought players who had already played in the league that lived outside the area or moved outside the area could still play in the league.

yes you are correct pete , see if you dinni add some words to your message it has a different meaning.
new players are not allowed, that have not played in our league before, still a crazy rule in my opinion

we were allowed 4 players from out of district last year 2 who stay in kirkcaldy , 1 who moved to rosyth but played in the levenmouth league for years before, another 1 who moved to glenrothes, blazers could not sign a new out of district player anyway as we had 2 from kirkcaldy who currently stay there , i think i'm correct in stating this
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy Mon May 17, 2010 9:38 pm

Why not have league positions based firstly on points then on frames won / lost. Also prize money paid based on both points and some form of bonuses on the frames won and lost, that way most will want to win as many frames as they can rather than leaving as soon as 6 frames are won.

Brig left the Tasssie after going 6-2 down and never played any of the doubles!
Baldy
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 22, 2010 12:05 am

stoo if you still want that point off the brig just take it, we have plenty to spare Very Happy

i do talk shit and know nothing about what im on about, i have since been banned from this forum, do i look like a cock now Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  Brigand No 1 Sat May 22, 2010 3:22 am

I think we can give them a point or two Mr C.Banme Razz .

Long live the Mighty Brig . Now for 7 in a row . ha ha

Brigand No 1

Back to top Go down

Open Discussions - Page 19 Empty Champions isn't a swear word!

Post  SubNotUsed Sat May 22, 2010 10:13 pm

He He, loved the league round up on the Home page. Aw the teams who came up short got a mention (although who wants to be reminded that they came 5th), but the 6 times in a row CHAMPIONS only got a tiny mention.

Come on guys, thinking that you're pissed off at the league result only makes another league title taste all the more sweeter Laughing

SubNotUsed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Sat May 22, 2010 10:29 pm

SubNotUsed wrote:He He, loved the league round up on the Home page. Aw the teams who came up short got a mention (although who wants to be reminded that they came 5th), but the 6 times in a row CHAMPIONS only got a tiny mention.

Come on guys, thinking that you're pissed off at the league result only makes another league title taste all the more sweeter Laughing

I totally have to agree with the sub on this one as the headline SHOULD have been about congratulating the brig for winning their SIXTH title in a row and NOT about blazers visit to wemyss. From the outside looking in it looks like sour grapes from somewhere along the line.
Sean
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy Sun May 23, 2010 7:01 pm

Congratulations to the Brig. Can't take anything away from you boys. You drilled out another season.
Sounds like the AHW will be the big contenders next year with a few major signings in the close season from Blazers & The Brig!
Baldy
Baldy

Back to top Go down

Post  Brigand No 1 Sun May 23, 2010 9:49 pm

Thanks Baldy for the congrats. But i wouldn't bet on the auld hoose (The Man city o the pool league) making to many signings from the losers, sorry the blazers or the Mighty Brig ( The Man United o the pool league , True class)

Come on Duro in the singles !!!!

Brigand No 1

Back to top Go down

Open Discussions - Page 19 Empty childish antics

Post  STOO01 Mon May 24, 2010 8:23 am

went to the singles competition at the argyle, excellent day with some good pool

rab clark from blazers got beat by mike mchale 2-1 , scott spencer who managed to play the 1st, 2nd round's and turn up for the final after playing 2 games for blazers all season. lost 2-0 v deek allan No

after he got beat he challenged me to a outside then i think he said to me Razz i said ok you go out side 1st Neutral
what a cock that guy is he turned up with his dad as back up i think, then he wanted to fight me out side, grow up spencer, he'll never win the levenmouth title or probably play in the competition even if he wasn't to, silly boy dummy

yes i am having a go at him cos he is a cock lol! he said i owd him £5 for 75 baw he never even payed the cash, and £10 for the jathros well if he canny manage a league game since september 2009 whats the chance of him turning up for the jathros the bird bye bye young man
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Open Discussions - Page 19 Empty Not a mention of congrats in the East fife mail for champs.

Post  big-bad-bob Thu May 27, 2010 7:54 am

having read the sports pages in the east fife mail i did not see any word of congratulations to the brig tavern on their achievements of 6 in a row. is the league finished for the season or are there some games to go. people reading this would believe that this is only the LATEST standings and NOT the FINAL placings. every tournament that blazers won they had their photos in the local paper. why dont we have a picture of the multiple champs so people in the east neuk can see who they are. it would be interesting to have a challenge match between the neuk players and the brig tavern sometime in the close season.

big-bad-bob

Back to top Go down

Open Discussions - Page 19 Empty mail info

Post  STOO01 Thu May 27, 2010 6:09 pm

yeh sean eh sorry bob the committee usally put the information in the mail , i think guidy does it

the pictures put in the mail are from a mobile phone on the day of the final and sent to the mail with a little bit of informantion about the competition and what happened and where

sending information to the mail by e-mail to the results section does not cost anything as they want information about team results and pictures, so if you have the time to press a few buttons on your PC thats the only cost you have to pay - efmeditor@fifetoday.co.uk

100 ball - blazers was sent
singles - den inn was sent
doubles - blazers was sent
3 man team - blazers,was sent but it was a bit out of focus but was not shown in the mail
captain tournament - blazers ,was not sent ,it aint the correct sheild anyway but you get an idea of who won it

league brig - they sent there own photo to the mail has anyone seen it ?
5 man team - tassie was sent

on the home page it does say, Final league table for 2009/10 -http://levenmouth.leaguerepublic.com/Table.do?divisionseason=5587559

Last edited by STOO01 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:19 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : link updated)
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brigand No 1 Thu May 27, 2010 11:56 pm

Hi Big Bad Bob.(Are you as scary as you sound)

Would be great to have a friendly with the neuk boys. Home and away sounds good to me.
Think you might know a few of our boys anyway, Jimmy "I Love Pink" White is the captain, Paul "1 Handed" Cheeny who played in your league for a number o years (You can have him back , fucking murder unless playing 1 handed!) Craig "Pretty Boy" Saunders who plays for The Buffet, and myself Deek "The bottler" Allan, Also played a few games for the Buffet. Give Jimmy a call on his mob - 07746538475 to arrange it.

Brigand No 1

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:45 am

Why not take it a step further and have a wee tourney will a few teams from a round and about, can maybe have a wee 8 team tourney maybe Question £100 entry per team.

I could maybe get a team or 2 from EFPL if we got enough notice Exclamation

Maybe a team or 2 from DDPL, Kirkcaldy Exclamation

Just an idea, once up and running it could be an annual tourney on a said weekend Very Happy
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:30 am

I hear the brig were in the leven liar last week because they won a title, the first time the've done this, good for them Razz
nobody got a copy for the web site geek

Last edited by STOO01 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:42 pm

the results for the league are inserted so everyone knows who won or lost but some people are not aware where the next game is home or away, there are free weeks as well.
it may be an idea to show the fixtures for the comming week as well pool

it does not cost any thing to add this information in the leven liar
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:16 pm

looking at the constitution sheet

10. fees

it says 3man £3 per head
doubles £3 per head
this means that for a team to enter the 3 man team will be £9 or if you have a reserve £12
doubles £6 and £9 for a reserve that probably won't even play

this must be a mistake, more like £3 for a team in the 3 man team and £3 for a team in the doubles

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/ldplconstitution.htm
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:28 am

1st game of the season and maxwells not able to play and could be out the league
the chairman phoned last night to tell us maxwells could not field a team so no nonfulfilment of fixture

blazers may be soon after them, we are strugling for a team as well,so it may be down to 14 teams soon
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  peterloon Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:10 am

STOO01 wrote:looking at the constitution sheet

10. fees

it says 3man £3 per head
doubles £3 per head
this means that for a team to enter the 3 man team will be £9 or if you have a reserve £12

this must be a mistake, more like £3 for a team in the 3 man team and £3 for a team in the doubles

Stoo it was agreed at the AGM to increase the fees to £3 a head for the competitions - to encourage people to turn up - however it is more likely to cut the numbers entering.

peterloon

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:20 am

peterloon wrote:

10. fees

it says 3man £3 per head
doubles £3 per head

Stoo it was agreed at the AGM to increase the fees to £3 a head for the competitions - to encourage people to turn up - however it is more likely to cut the numbers entering.

yes i am aware of that put the increase is to mutch according to the constitution

3man team last year £1, 3 man team this year £3, but the constitutuin says £3 a head that makes £9 to enter this year
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  peterloon Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:04 am

STOO01 wrote:
peterloon wrote:

10. fees

it says 3man £3 per head
doubles £3 per head

yes i am aware of that put the increase is to mutch according to the constitution

3man team last year £1, 3 man team this year £3, but the constitutuin says £3 a head that makes £9 to enter this year

You'll only find out from the number of entries if it's too much or not.

peterloon

Back to top Go down

Open Discussions - Page 19 Empty Recognise Anyone!

Post  Baldy Tue May 17, 2011 5:45 am

Baldy
Baldy

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Tue May 17, 2011 7:08 am

Baldy wrote:Anyone familiar? lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoYrdkn4cnY

Excellent lol! looks like mr fowler
STOO01
STOO01