Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2008/09 season - League Race

+6
the waterboy
Big Show
joebuck
ayeright
STOO01
redbeard
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who's Gonna win?

2008/09 season - League Race - Page 2 Vote_lcap35%2008/09 season - League Race - Page 2 Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 15 ]
2008/09 season - League Race - Page 2 Vote_lcap35%2008/09 season - League Race - Page 2 Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 15 ]
2008/09 season - League Race - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%2008/09 season - League Race - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
2008/09 season - League Race - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%2008/09 season - League Race - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
2008/09 season - League Race - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%2008/09 season - League Race - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
2008/09 season - League Race - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%2008/09 season - League Race - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
2008/09 season - League Race - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%2008/09 season - League Race - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 3 ]
2008/09 season - League Race - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%2008/09 season - League Race - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 43

2008/09 season - League Race - Page 2 Empty Re: 2008/09 season - League Race

Post  STOO01 Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:53 am

secret weapon sounds interesting member beardy davy ford disni want ti play naemare Laughing
who can it be top secret right eh....lee boyd na hes retired eh....paddy na hes already signed for 5 teams eh....no tich is it . thats that then spencer v tich best o pals and that if hes no went back to were he comes fi. Suspect

the voting is still close between Brig and Blazers tongue

douglas and kirkland have 1 vote each the question is who do you think will win the league this year you boys maybe want to rethink that one, im no even saying its gonna be the brig or blazers but it wont be them dougy or kirk.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:18 am

redbeard wrote:Well the station started to look like a good team tonight, pumping the Sunbeam 7-1 in the singles, 8-3 overall. and that was still by playing all 14 players in the pub on the night. The team may be a player or two light next week after a barney with the landlord, but hey, we'll see, bloody nonsense.

Looking forward to the Blazers game, just been told by El Capitano that we have a secret weapon for the big games noo...

How'd aw bugger else get on?

oh aye, for yer stats Stoo, clock up wins for both me n Mr Anderson

Laughing I heard you played a girl from the sunbeam last week Beary and a pregnant one at that , well played squire you must have played well i've been told she's a good player Razz
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:49 am

STOO01 wrote: Laughing I heard you played a girl from the sunbeam last week Beardy and a pregnant one at that , well played squire you must have played well i've been told she's a good player Razz

lol ah fuckin hate those games, if ye win yer an arse, if ye lose yer a diddy. Fact is the lass can play a lot better than a good few or the boys in this league. She had two baws left and just took them in the wrong order, she coulda beat me.

You been doing some scouting on this weeks opposition Stoo? hehe
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:16 pm

already found out who stations secret weapon is stoo....dont worry the guy that they on about will NEVER play in this league again....he's stated this many times Wink
aye beardy i feel yer pain, i hate playin lassies anaw....especially at the buck last year when even ur own team want to see u get hosed Laughing Laughing
wait a minute that was just EVERY game i played in i think lol!

mon the blazers HONK HONK!!! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:05 am

the game last night started well for the station after james anderson beat brian thomson but that was as good as it got after that with no secret weapon to help, the singles finished 7-1 baba/corcoran lost the doubles but blazers won the next 2 so 9-2 just like i predicted eh beardy cheers fur the pint.
the station did bring their own heckler first time ever in the funner i think well done unknown heckler who ever you were it made no difference what so ever.
the killer was no to bad either wi me and scott amazing getting to the final after already agreed to split it helps wi the taxi fare leven to kennoway £9 you know.
the result i was most inpressed with was empire winning away at the den 10-1 what happened there then, and the buck at home to windsor 6-5 always tough venue
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:08 am

well the station were de-railed (see what i did there? eh? eh?) again tonight, 3-0 up to 4-3 down. Auld Crock and my own Di taking the winning frame in a 7-4 win for the buck. to take nothing away fae the buck, we were pretty pish (especially me!) but hey shot happens. Gotta say it's not near as much fun with aw this losing going on... but i've always been a bad loser.

A win for JA, stoo, and ANOTHER loss for me!

A free week next week for the station, which is pretty lucky as half the squad will be in Bulgaria.
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Show Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:01 pm

redbeard wrote:A free week next week for the station, which is pretty lucky as half the squad will be in Bulgaria.

hey beardy no half ur team but i get ur point lol come on u have more than enough boys that cud step in!
Big Show
Big Show

Birthday : 1984-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:56 am

another good win for blazers last night away to argyle lost the 1st lav had a simple pot on his last colour and missed what a bawbag then went 2-1 up when davy ford or haycock played and lost his first match this season but we won the next 7 games for a 9-2 win. Cool
empire seem a fair side but maybe having to play all there matches away is tough. Crying or Very sad
douglas was it as close as the score suggests or were the final frames conceded Question
buck'n'hynd seem like they have discovered a wee bit form again affraid
den inn still a challenge it seems we'll find out next week when we play our former team king

lav lost the £5 challenge at the golf today as well we played lundin ladies cos of a competition at the scoonie there was no starter at the 1st tee but some old dear come running over to get us to pay in the honesty box never been seen before anyways we put the cash in the letter box but it didnt fall right in so we got it back how bad are we Blazers bad boys Twisted Evil
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:32 am

Bundy wrote:
redbeard wrote:A free week next week for the station, which is pretty lucky as half the squad will be in Bulgaria.

hey beardy no half ur team but i get ur point lol come on u have more than enough boys that cud step in!

Reckon id hate to see how bad the result could be with the boys we'd have missing. Theres a lot o boys that dinny play at aw other than a thurs. At our strongest 8 we should be a formidable team, as a squad.... well....
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:27 pm

STOO01 wrote:another good win for blazers last night away to argyle lost the 1st lav had a simple pot on his last colour and missed what a bawbag then went 2-1 up when davy ford or haycock played and lost his first match this season but we won the next 7 games for a 9-2 win. Cool
empire seem a fair side but maybe having to play all there matches away is tough. Crying or Very sad
douglas was it as close as the score suggests or were the final frames conceded Question
buck'n'hynd seem like they have discovered a wee bit form again affraid
den inn still a challenge it seems we'll find out next week when we play our former team king

lav lost the £5 challenge at the golf today as well we played lundin ladies cos of a competition at the scoonie there was no starter at the 1st tee but some old dear come running over to get us to pay in the honesty box never been seen before anyways we put the cash in the letter box but it didnt fall right in so we got it back how bad are we Blazers bad boys Twisted Evil

Brig ran out 6 - 3 winners in the end before last 2 were conceded, but we gave them a very good match and should have been much closer, but you gotta take the chances against these boys when they r there or it's goodnight. But was most unimpressed with the sportsmanship of the Brig with other players not playing shouting in from the side and hinting on shots to play and shots not to play. In the last frame the Brig boy was in a good snooker and was taking time to work out the shot, so a couple of the other Brig players had set up the shot on the other table and was trying to get out of the snooker while the player to play the shot was thinking about what to do. Sad
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Show Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:26 pm

joebuck wrote:was most unimpressed with the sportsmanship of the Brig with other players not playing shouting in from the side and hinting on shots to play and shots not to play. In the last frame the Brig boy was in a good snooker and was taking time to work out the shot, so a couple of the other Brig players had set up the shot on the other table and was trying to get out of the snooker while the player to play the shot was thinking about what to do. Sad

and the sportsmanship fi the dougie was the best Suspect
Big Show
Big Show

Birthday : 1984-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:53 am

joebuck wrote:was most unimpressed with the sportsmanship of the Brig with other players not playing shouting in from the side and hinting on shots to play and shots not to play. In the last frame the Brig boy was in a good snooker and was taking time to work out the shot, so a couple of the other Brig players had set up the shot on the other table and was trying to get out of the snooker while the player to play the shot was thinking about what to do. Sad

lol, a tell ye what, thats fuckin funny if nothing else. Sounds like a Bundy trick tae me? OK OK it's not really on tae do that. Bad Boys!
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:12 am

looking at the fixture list for the next month it looks a hardish month for the brig well harder than last month league wiz with the Auld Hoose Windygates, Windsor free week then Blazers.
Blazers have a wee test versus the Den this week then a couple of fixtures before the big one at the Brig 30 October and what might be a tough game versus the Empire after that.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

2008/09 season - League Race - Page 2 Empty re - next months fixtures

Post  the waterboy Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:21 am

well stoo if you think that this months fixtures are hard for the brig......... you should have looked at last months and the months before and the months before......... etc etc
"THERE ARE NO EASY FIXTURES " .......... Exclamation
the waterboy
the waterboy

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:24 am

i never said any teams were easy just that weve played the windsor and ahw this season and they were tough games good squads 1-8 in my opinion you'll have no bother with the free week but i dont think teams should get 3pts for it as the windsor a never started any league game Idea it will end up the same in the end i suppose.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

2008/09 season - League Race - Page 2 Empty re - the free week

Post  the waterboy Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:36 am

just like you said it does not really matter about the points it sorts all itself out in the wash at the end of the season anyway..........
our free week .......... we might have to tell sean that we are playing up at the beam and that he will have to get the bus there either that or go to the pub later cause it will sure as hell be a long night ( and thats not including any bounce games he plays ) lol!
the waterboy
the waterboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:02 am

maximus wrote:just like you said it does not really matter about the points it sorts all itself out in the wash at the end of the season anyway..........
our free week .......... we might have to tell sean that we are playing up at the beam and that he will have to get the bus there either that or go to the pub later cause it will sure as hell be a long night ( and thats not including any bounce games he plays ) lol!

My stats speak for themselves ladies Cool Cool Cool Cool and the slow play Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep is actually a tactic that usually works. Come to think of it after a few pints drunken drunken drunken drunken it does take a little longer than normal to focus properly. Wink Wink Wink Wink
Sean
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:31 am

bullseye0 wrote:
maximus wrote:just like you said it does not really matter about the points it sorts all itself out in the wash at the end of the season anyway..........

My stats speak for themselves ladies Cool Cool Cool Cool and the slow play Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep is actually a tactic that usually works. Come to think of it after a few pints drunken drunken drunken drunken it does take a little longer than normal to focus properly. Wink Wink Wink Wink

does all your team mates pick on u bullseye Razz
your stats speak for them sell were r they if you go to the league, fixtures and results page all the stats for Windsor, AHW, Blazers and a couple of station and douglas players are in the stats leader section dont c sean bradley there scared to share with us Embarassed .
you r a slow player squire even my game has got faster recently superman .
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:45 am

[quote="STOO01"]
bullseye0 wrote:

does all your team mates pick on u bullseye Razz
your stats speak for them sell were r they if you go to the league, fixtures and results page all the stats for Windsor, AHW, Blazers and a couple of station and douglas players are in the stats leader section dont c sean bradley there scared to share with us Embarassed .

Didnt even know there was such a thing about stats on this site matey. confused I shall look into it
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:26 am

Aye well after all the pre season hype regarding the auld hoose windygates as being contenders for the league title , I dont think they have the strength -in-depth for a team to do it after losing 8 - 3 to the brig. The brig expected a tougher match but from the word GO it never materialised and the brig ran out easy winners. Blazers will probably be one of the only teams to try to challenge the brig for the title now as I personally think that no other team has the capabilities to do this. Answers on a postcard please to my prediction. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sean
Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:18 am

it looks almost like a blazers and brig 2 horse race with the nearest challengers in the league being taken care of 8-3. thats everyone else lost 3 times or docked a point and 2 losses. 3 wins behind the top 2.
den inn had a pretty solid squad in my opinion, blazers had 7 players in their squad who had played for the den inn in recent years, with only brian and lav who had never played for the den inn the only singles losers on the night.
the game was over after a 6-2 lead in the singles but all the doubles were played, trying to get the squad players a game as well (minty / davy ford(haycock))

meantion about the windsor v sunbeam stevie sent me their singles stats they were 5-3 up and lost all 3 doubles amazing i would not have put money on that happening with some of the tackticle players they have for doubles. No
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:01 am

Station back to winning ways 7-4 against the AHBk. 4-4 at the end of the sinles tho.

For ur stats stoo...

Another win for james, and i didnt play in the singles this week.
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:36 pm

blazers v toll
blazers had a few missing for this game at the toll but still managed a 9-2 in the end, but as usal we lost the 1st frame then struggled in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th then toll potted the black and followed through with the white so 4-1 ,toll took the 6th frame 4-2. blazers scraped the last 2 singles to win 6-2 ,all the doubles were played and won by blazers. score looks better for blazers as we played pants.
the table in the toll is very slow was a bit of a test maybe more than their players.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:05 pm

blazers beat the brig away for the second season in a row.
blazers started good with a 2-0 lead deek potted the black early (foul), kieran got the better of craig.
the comeback started with scott beating george and rab beating gabs.
baba regained the lead for the league topers but sean drew his team level with a smash shot that beat stoo
chris and scott s made it 5-3 at the end of the singles.
chris and kieran lost to bellesini and deek but victory was completed with mints and scott winning the next
the final frame was conceded by blazers the only frame they aint played this season.
blazers are now 6 points clear at the top having played a game more than the brig.
ok blazers team last night .4 played for the den last season, 3 blazers and a bucker b

shocked at the ahw v den score den won 9-2 away ,so maybe us losing to the den last week wizn that mutch of a shock.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris C Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:28 pm

About time someone beat the brig all you hear is jim saying four in a row or come on the champs... lets see how they handle being behind for a change.. Come on the Blazers great win Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Chris C

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next