Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

100 Ball full draw

+4
redbeard
LWB
ayeright
STOO01
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who Will Win 100 Ball 2008 ?

100 Ball full draw Vote_lcap21%100 Ball full draw Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
100 Ball full draw Vote_lcap29%100 Ball full draw Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
100 Ball full draw Vote_lcap14%100 Ball full draw Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
100 Ball full draw Vote_lcap7%100 Ball full draw Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
100 Ball full draw Vote_lcap14%100 Ball full draw Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

100 Ball full draw Empty full draw

Post  STOO01 Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:39 am

Top Half
1 Blazers v Douglas
2 Den A v Sunbeam -
a) 1 v 2
a v b
3 Auld Hoose W v Toll
4 Argyle v Maxwells -
b) 3 v 4
-

Bottom Half
5 Auld Hoose B v Empire
6 Windsor A v Brig -
c) 5 v 6
-
c v d

7 Buck A v Windsor B
8 Buck B v Tassie -
d) 7 v 8
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

100 Ball full draw Empty Re: 100 Ball full draw

Post  Guest Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:01 am

100 balls looking a good competition but thinking of the players in the teams there id have to say its going to be down to brig (favourites) den inn A (unfortunately) Razz and buck B. dont think the windsor B or Blazers will manage to win the 100 ball but who knows.....thats just my opinion Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:28 am

yeh i agree and the buck wont win either No
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ayeright Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:10 pm

bambooozled wrote:100 balls looking a good competition but thinking of the players in the teams there id have to say its going to be down to brig (favourites) den inn A (unfortunately) Razz and buck B. dont think the windsor B or Blazers will manage to win the 100 ball but who knows.....thats just my opinion Cool

How can you say the Buck B can win it but not Blazers or the Windsor B?? The Buck B SCRAPED a 6-5 at home in both of these games and I reckon both will beat them at there own boozer in the 2nd half of the season

ayeright

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:55 pm

Yas I would say the windsor or blazers have as good a chance as we do. We have a couple of players capable of potting 50+ balls so hopefully that should give us a chance in any game we play in.

As far as scraping the games though, that's what it's all about. We've lost to the denn and the brig and beat everyone else. Yes tight wins, but wins none the less. You can't say a team doesn't deserve to be regarded as the league table shows them to be just because it was close games with our main competition. It's not about saying you might have won that one IF or should have won that one BUT. It's about getting the 3 points on the night with the players that's there. So we'll keep enjoying our position in the league while we still have it cheers

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  ayeright Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:59 pm

Im no saying anything about scraping wins, you boys have obviously done well, the league table doesnt lie and all that, all i was saying is i dont think you can say yous can win the 100 ball but us or blazers cant when your games against us both could have went either way. To be fair the Brig will prob win it anyway Mad

Also you's are gettin pumped when you come to the Windsor in the 2nd half of the season. Razz

ayeright

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:11 pm

lol like the banter ayeright, good show. No denying it's all very tight between buck blazers and winnie, all about getting it right on the night eh! I'd maybe pick the denn as likely winners for it, if they stick had dickson I'd bet on it, but they are still the favourites for this competition for me.

LWB

Back to top Go down

100 Ball full draw Empty anybodies game?

Post  redbeard Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:21 am

I think theres a lot of teams perfectly capable of winning this one, and a good few teams capable of beating the brig or the den at 100 ball, in all honesty the biggest facter i reckon on who wins on the night.... is simply how the balls break and players holding their nerve? would love to see the buck b, blazers, windsor b or argyll with their name on the trophy at the end of the year, if for no other reason, just to stop the brig boys table at the presentation from cracking under the preassure Exclamation Question I've said from the start of the season i want to lift a trophy this year, and this is the one i want, ive even went to the hastle of getting humped outa the doubles etc just so i can concentrate on it hehe nothing to do with playing pish Exclamation Question Exclamation
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:20 am

ayeright wrote:
bambooozled wrote:100 balls looking a good competition but thinking of the players in the teams there id have to say its going to be down to brig (favourites) den inn A (unfortunately) Razz and buck B. dont think the windsor B or Blazers will manage to win the 100 ball but who knows.....thats just my opinion Cool

How can you say the Buck B can win it but not Blazers or the Windsor B?? The Buck B SCRAPED a 6-5 at home in both of these games and I reckon both will beat them at there own boozer in the 2nd half of the season

was only my opinion and yea those were close games.....i was thinking of it being a potting game mainly when i made the comment and i just think the brig and the den....probably more so the den inn tho have more good potters in their team so i think its more likely to b 1 of those 2....but i just thought the buck have more potters in our team than the blazers and the windsor b so thats why i sed what i sed Razz

looking forward to the return game against ya'ss.....maybe this time simon will get more than 1 shot Laughing Razz
also about you's in the 100ball i do think you's are capable....but you's seem to always have players missing too so that was another reason for me putting my opinion across that you's wouldnt win it Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  ayeright Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:28 pm

Aye we could definitely win it, we would need a bit of luck like but we won it with the tassie a few years back with a worse team than we have now.

If we're full strength I fully expect us to beat the Buck A, although they're a definite banana skin and then think against yous (assuming you beat the tassie lol) think that it would be tight and could even just be how the balls spread off the break that would settle it!!

Mon the Windsor B

ayeright

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:08 am

Can't see our A team making much of a dent in this. Good team, great bunch of guys, but not potters by any stretch of the imigination.

Be great to have the 4 teams in on the night, looking forward to it Very Happy

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:15 am

aye a guess ur right.....looking forward to the 100 ball....a good change from playing matches all the time and just potting Cool
last year i thought we woulda beaten the brig in the semi final but the chance at the end fell to the most drunk player in our team who had 8-10 balls in the open and instead he played a ball that was on a cushion for some reason....when we only needed 8 balls to win lol!
LWB i hope yer pool is better than ur spelling this week Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:09 am

bambooozled wrote:aye a guess ur right.....looking forward to the 100 ball....a good change from playing matches all the time and just potting Cool
last year i thought we woulda beaten the brig in the semi final but the chance at the end fell to the most drunk player in our team who had 8-10 balls in the open and instead he played a ball that was on a cushion for some reason....when we only needed 8 balls to win lol!

Aye it was a good game with the 3 ways inn last year but the buck will have to face different tactics this year if they draw the brig. We are just going to get Brodie to SIT ON bamboozled to keep him away from the table Laughing Laughing
Sean
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:38 pm

bullseye0 wrote:
bambooozled wrote:aye a guess ur right.....looking forward to the 100 ball....a good change from playing matches all the time and just potting Cool

Aye it was a good game with the 3 ways inn last year but the buck will have to face different tactics this year if they draw the brig. We are just going to get Brodie to SIT ON bamboozled to keep him away from the table Laughing Laughing

Don't make his head swell any more than it already has! lol. Nah Bambi is a good potter. We played 100 ball in his attic and I was 50 down before chalking my cue.

We'll not look beyond the tassie though, will be a good match and a good night for all at the buck I'm sure.

Tough game for our A team but they always have a good time whether they win or no! Don't know all of the winnie B players but I'm betting the Johnsons and Connor are good potters. The A team have a way of grinding out results though, so who knows.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:53 am

bullseye0 wrote:

lets hope we dont draw the brig in this anytime soon or i wont be showing up Laughing
lwb is was 52 down before chalking ur cue Very Happy

tassie aret going to be an easy draw for us in the 100 ball i dont think.......theyre all good potters in there but thats if they actually show up lol

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:27 am

home advantage could be the difference between winning and losing between the top teams with everyone able to pot balls should be interesting 1st round proper scratch
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:03 am

Stoo01 wrote:Top Half
1 Blazers v Douglas
2 Den A v Sunbeam -
a) Douglas v Den A
a v b
3 Auld Hoose W v Toll
4 Argyle v Maxwells -
b) Argyle v AHW
-

Bottom Half
5 Auld Hoose B v Empire
6 Windsor A v Brig -
c) Brig v AHB
-
c v d

7 Buck A v Windsor B
8 Buck B v Tassie -
d) Tassie v Windsor B
Sean
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:39 am

100 ball first round over and a couple of shocks......blazers and buck b both out......we played crap and only a few of us playing decent me n redbeard then the tassie started leavin me wi piss lol! LWB had an unlcky night with potting the white from breaks where he potted at least 3 colours and table was wide open Mad
tassie potting well tho good luck to all who got thru Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  ayeright Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:31 pm

Shocked to see Blazers lost to the Douglas like!! Also surprised the Tassie beat the Buck B but to be fair they looked good value for there win, we've got them in the next round and it won't be easy, that's for sure!

Also can anyone clear up these 2 things for me. 1, Last night both teams had to write their teams down at the same time on seperate sheets of paper and we were told that's always how it's been. The way I remember it is the home team write theirs first (as they have home table advantage) and the away team can then pick the order based on who they are playing??

2 Also we played last night that if there was a foul (not potting the white) then the white could be moved back into the d, I thought that the minus 3 was the punishment and the shot had to be played from where the white is?

Can anyone clear this up at all??

ayeright

Back to top Go down

100 Ball full draw Empty 100 BALL- DOS & DONTS

Post  BABA Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:58 pm

Allright ayeright,to answer point 1,the home team write thier team 1st then fold the teamsheet over then give it to the away team,point 2,the cueball can be moved back to the D,because if you pot the white during a rack you still loose 3 balls and the white goes back in the D.After any foul the oncoming player has the choice to move the cue ball or not study :
BABA
BABA

Birthday : 1970-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  ayeright Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:06 pm

Cheers Baba, still not sure what you mean about point one, does that mean the away team don't get to see the home teams order when they pick there team then? Im sure in previous years we've picked our order based on looking at the other teams??

Take it yous got through no bother last night??

ayeright

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:49 pm

im sure the home team picks their team then the away team same as in the league match their team to this but not 100% on that.

on ur 2nd question i was 99% sure that you got minus 3 for the foul and the white ball was to be played from where it was.....BUT....there was the same thing in the buck A v windsor B match i heard and the buck A got to lift the white ball back into the D.
Rab wasnt there so we had no-one to ask but samy was there so surely he would know if that was allowed or not.

windsor A put up a better challenge against the brig than our team done against the tassie lol! too many of our team not playing good at all on the night last night, well done to the tassie tho as theyre whole team apart from maybe 1 or 2 players all potted well last night pirat

Back to top Go down

Post  BABA Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:05 pm

The away team dont get to see the home teams line up,it has always been the case in the 100ball,and yes we did get through but it wasn't easy,we were miles in front(stuck in the 60's for ages)then they started to pull it back,it was a nervy affairtheen chris stepped in with a 20 to ease the pressure i didnae even get a game Evil or Very Mad
BABA
BABA

Birthday : 1970-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:13 am

100 ball i hate it write thats that on record had to get that of me chest.
we were always 15 20 ahead till we got to 80 odds then we couldni pot fuck all they well came back at us some good steady potting by them and played well to win the final part of the game
thank fuck i aint playing in the next round in fact if we had got through i might have dropped me self, shite game. Laughing
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:20 am

did anyone get the arygle v maxwells and ahb v empire scores their the only one's i've no got
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next