Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open Discussions

+12
gabs
terry
peterloon
the waterboy
Baldy
Sean
ayeright
redbeard
BABA
joebuck
LWB
STOO01
16 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Open Discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: Open Discussions

Post  Guest Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:07 pm

Stoo01 wrote:Good to here your comments beardy ,it was a close game last thursday the last singles was maybe a bit of a dodgy decision to the bucks credit they didnt complain at the time ,I think thats what made youz more determined in the doubles to win.

yea got to agree about the determination because of that dodgy decision but it does happen unfortunately, theres no point in complaining whether ur right or wrong anyways but sometimes they r given and sometimes they are not....i was only really annoyed because of what the ref said it was given for really....and because it was a big frame for both teams.
weve always been strong in our doubles so i still felt confident we could take all 3....altho i thought you's had won the first doubles against me and lwb when your player went for a lot of backspin and jumped the white by accident and managed to hit his ball straight into our 2 covering the bag and somehow it managed to pot both of ours and leave his over the pocket lol! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:31 pm

Ref's decision is always final so I'd say the less said the better on it.

But aye we had strong doubles, to be fair stoo never had his best six to choose from and that mind have turned it round but who knows eh. Another good night to be had at blazers next year.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:58 pm

Yeh it was a dodgy decision but we've all seen them given. I was impressed with a good few of the Blazers team for their good attitude towards it. And i think the buck b did well not to whinge too much, we've all seen worse than that, and i know i wouldnt have wanted to be the one reffing that shot!!!!

Anyhoo, i'm putting a bit effort into trying to collect photos and vids from thirsday nights to post on the site. I havent looked yet but have we got many or even any from other teams? pirat
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:44 am

redbeard if you want to add anything its cool wi me the password is the same, if not send it to me and i'll add it nobother Wink
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:23 am

Is there anywhere i can make a special guest apperance on Boxing day i'm looking for a pool tournament must be a couple of pubs with a competition on santa
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:02 pm

YAY I now know who ayeright is after playing in kirkcaldy league last night with Si the fudgemaster lol.

Poor wee me having to work boxing day No . Will ask if there's anything on at the buck.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:37 pm

I see stoo is about to get the 100 posts! followed closely by myself and bamboo.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  ayeright Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:15 am

LWB wrote:YAY I now know who ayeright is after playing in kirkcaldy league last night with Si the fudgemaster lol.

Poor wee me having to work boxing day No . Will ask if there's anything on at the buck.

Hope that doesni mean you're gonna start stalking me now!!!!!! Shocked

ayeright

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:40 am

Reverse psychology eh.....well bad luck, no I'm not. Still at least I know who's representing the team on here.

Kirkcaldy league last night, worst table on the planet, crap prices, but! Pies with beans and a free drink! Now there's a venue for leven to try and match geek .

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:56 am

thats no bad lee pie beans and a pint where was that Question and did youz win Question
are you boys want to give me a list of your singles wins and losses in the league for each week and i'll stick them on the web see who's winning most games lee/ayeright and any other team interested .
must have date, versus and players names won, lost only the eight singles no doubles
Oh I that the 100 for me bounce
Does anyone have any interesting web sites to visit jokes,games,or what ever give me the address and i'll add them to the links on the main menu dont have to be pool related but hey keep it clean santa
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:18 pm

That's at the Chapel Tavern Stoo, I play for them on the odd occassion. They've just re-opened and it's pretty good in there. NO SKY SPORTS THOUGH. Alan McWilliams from the buck and simon johnson from the winnie plays for them. If you fancy a game there you'd be welcome I'm sure. We were playing the second leg of the league cup semi against the Heather b. We lost the first leg 7-4 and won the second 11-1. Don't know who we're playing in the final.

try http://www.playaholics.com/game/play/lightningpool good wee pool game I think.

and if you like to know how stuff works try www.howstuffworks.com I love this site but not for everyone

If we can get the stats from el capitano you can have em. cheers

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:09 am

Stoo01 wrote:redbeard if you want to add anything its cool wi me the password is the same, if not send it to me and i'll add it nobother Wink

cheers stoo!
I think the douglas do a tournaments day on boxing day, although it could be new years day? confused supposed to be a good pool tourney included.
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Open Discussions - Page 3 Empty Unbreakable???

Post  redbeard Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:27 am

Well the way i hear it from a few independant sources the brig got pumped by the argyll last night Exclamation Question Exclamation Question can anybody confirm????? Woud definately make things interesting, could be tight or even perfectly level top 3 at the crimbo break!!!

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
ADVERTISEMENT:::ADVERTISEMENT:::ADVERTISEMENT::::ADVERTISEMENT::::

If the Den B team fancy a night off next week the Buck B are willing to just take a 6-5 win so we can go watch the brig v den a match... let us know.... pirat bounce Twisted Evil tongue Wink Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:32 am

6-5 thats harsh you boys beat the auld hoose 6-5 ,i would not have posted that the den b will no be happy wi that post may make for a tough game next week here's hopping Laughing
who want to watch pool no me i'm a pool player i play pool. No
well done the argyle it is a tough venue to win at all you need is a bit consistency throughout the season Exclamation
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:31 am

Denn a 8 - 3 Windsor A, Sad well that is what I thought the result was although it says 7 - 4 on the results page.

Well I have heard a lot about the Denn A, no being sporty etc. etc. etc. but this is the first time I have seen most of them or played against them and all I can say is, they are a good bunch, very sporting and one or two top players in their team to boot. Cool

I have now seen all the top teams in this league apart from Blazers, not much between the teams at the top going on what seen so far. The Brig are not unbeatable that's for sure and this league should be very tight between the top 4 maybe 5. Question

Problem is a lot of teams are beaten before they play these guys, but remember it's only one game of pool Exclamation Take ur chance when u get it. Smile

P.S.

Want some festive fun Question Visit WWW.elfyourself.com

A post was put on the EFPL website with some of the top player's from that league, using this so if you have someone's photo give it a try. santa rendeer santa rendeer
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:53 am

hey nothing wrong with watching a bit of pool! football players, boxers, rugby players whatever, they all watch their sports!

Aye beardy getting right in here and winding people up already lol. I'm sure no disrespect intended towards the denn b who are no mugs.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:01 am

Stoo01 wrote:Is there anywhere i can make a special guest apperance on Boxing day i'm looking for a pool tournament must be a couple of pubs with a competition on santa

Seems the buck have all sorts of tourneys going mate. Pool, darts, dominos...

No idea who'll be going like but I'd expect a good turn out.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:08 am

cant see any sports stars wanting to go watch a game rather than play in one can you lee No
got to play and win then worry about others i would say
you boys must have thought that idea up thursday night eh Wink
yes i may be up at the buck boxing day for a game of something no darts though we are no allowed darts in blazers Sad
yeh joe the score was the one written down in the buck i went along this afternoon and got the scores must be a comunication problem somewhere did slater phone the result that could be the problem Wink
i liked the links to elfs/games/how... cheers
no saying our table is great but there is something no right about the argyle table no just rolling off problems its ........don't know they have karaoke in there each week eh and the table gets moved each week i think Suspect
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:25 am

I'm sure we all want to play pool more than we want to watch it, but that will be a good game to watch if we finish playing in time!

Should be good banter at the brig this week too santa

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:36 am

Stoo01 wrote:Is there anywhere i can make a special guest apperance on Boxing day i'm looking for a pool tournament must be a couple of pubs with a competition on santa

CJ's in rosyth got a big tournament on boxing day if that interests anyone, ill probably be going thru for it for something to do....undecided so far Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:43 am

i remember blazers table last year when there was a couple rolls on it and also a couple of dodgy cushions that were deed......theres always some dodgy tables in every league thru the season so i dont think anyone can complain about a table really....we all have to play on the same tables Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:15 am

bambooozled wrote:i remember blazers table last year when there was a couple rolls on it and also a couple of dodgy cushions that were deed......theres always some dodgy tables in every league thru the season so i dont think anyone can complain about a table really....we all have to play on the same tables Cool
yes our old table was a problem thats why we never got any finals and if we never got a new table the league may not have let us play or at home anyways, like the kirkland they had to get a new one. but the argyle is different there table is not old just pish i remember we played there a couple of months ago some tables you like and others you dont thats why its home and away dead cushions or rolls its a challenge as well Neutral
pool comp - no bamboo i wiznni thinking about going that far to lose in the first game thanks No
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:02 am

who's this wil chap on the comments page he talks the talk but can he walk the walk Question
and bullseye what are you a darts player or what scratch
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:27 am

I think theres competitions on at the auld hoose windygates this boxing day pool,dominoes,darts
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:36 am

LWB wrote:hey nothing wrong with watching a bit of pool! football players, boxers, rugby players whatever, they all watch their sports!

Aye beardy getting right in here and winding people up already lol. I'm sure no disrespect intended towards the denn b who are no mugs.

Absolutely no disrespect intended, im sure it will be a good game, maybe even a tight one, and im sure their A team will be willing them on from the brig. A couple of times this year we've went back to the buck to watch our A team and its beed good to watch another team on match night, im sure there will be some very good pool played between the brig n den, and to be fair the result is one i'd like to see, so i know how the tables gonna sit at the crimbo break, so just saying to the brig and den players, we're there as neutral spectators, speaking for myself anyway, thats if we make it past the den b. pirat
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next