Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open Discussions

+12
gabs
terry
peterloon
the waterboy
Baldy
Sean
ayeright
redbeard
BABA
joebuck
LWB
STOO01
16 posters

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Open Discussions - Page 2 Empty Re: Open Discussions

Post  Guest Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:05 am

Stoo01 wrote:Yeh thats what its called Super League ,just a thought .i think it is spa rules just without the hit the cushion thing

i thought the league would have to affiliate to the spa to be able to enter a superleague team which would mean the rules would be changed to blackball rules as well BUT....... i played for kirkcaldy's superleague team a while back and kirkcaldy actually play the same rules as we do here in leven.
superleague was blackball rules tho.

Joe mentioned world rules....these rules r p*sh and they are nothing to do with the SPA - world rules are linked to the SEPF.
If leven was to affiliate with the SPA then it would open the door for leven for big money tournaments and we would be given x ammount of qualifers and we would have to play to see who goes to these things.

i qualified for the pennies classic through the dunfermline league last season and went thru to falkirk on saturday and sunday to play (was only £2 entry) the ££ starts when u get to the last 16 and goes up the further u get, i got to the semi final and lost 6-5 in the end (was having one o those days where u dont miss anythin) and if i remember right i got £160 for getting that far cheers (as having a one-off day whee i couldnt miss anything) Razz

i doubt leven will ever affiliate to the SPA tho.....its a shame that our league never wants to move the game forward

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:05 am

The Leven league is not alone, the EFPL have changed things over the past couple of years, either to speed things up or whatever.
We used to play 8 singles and 4 doubles and the rules that u play now, but some matches were going past midnight on a regular basis. To many people snookering for no reason and to much talking in the doubles.
We started a summer league a few seasons ago for players that wanted to play, this proved to to a good thing as things were tried in this league as it only lasted 9 - 10 weeks, first season was singles only at 2 sets of 6 with the rules that Leven play now, second season was the same 2 x 6 but with black ball rules, then last season we had 3 x 6 with Blackball.

Our main league has seen changes also from moving to the blackball rules and the following have also been tried over the last few seasons:-

8 singles then 4 doubles with blackball, night was over to quick.

8 singles, 2 doubles then 4 singles in a nights match, a player could only play twice max.

to the present 2 x 8 singles, no doubles at all.

Changing things is not the end of the world but what u need to think about is once changed u must run for a whole season and if it is the wrong change it's a long haul.

I personally do not see much wrong with the Leven set up. The only thing that I would probably change is the line up,
8 singles followed by 3 doubles is a poor set up, should try at least to get a team of 8 two games a night. Why no have 8 singles and 4 doubles , nothing wrong with a draw
Two leagues is a good shout if the league has been strong in number's for a few years, what u don't want is to split the leagues and then find number's dwindling and have to go back.

EFPL thought of splitting their league into two, but the weaker teams did not want it, they like the challenge of playing the good teams, so this year they are trying a split halfway through.

Format:- Play all teams once, split the league into two, teams keep points earned from first half, then play each other twice.

Will it work, who knows But it is being tried anyway.
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Open Discussions - Page 2 Empty tidy site

Post  STOO01 Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:37 am

Ok chaps the web site was brought up at the meeting in the buck by the treasurer his thought's were it's good but can it be improved Question
I think he wanted the layout changed the green scrolls, swearing (not much),badge is ok,if anyone's got any ideas i'll try my best to make it easier to use the site, is it cluttered ?, hard to find things ?, do we need all the information ?, or is it ok Exclamation
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Open Discussions - Page 2 Empty Beardy Where R You

Post  STOO01 Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:24 am

What I want to know is Idea where are Redbeard's comments about pool No no points to make Question
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Open Discussions - Page 2 Empty free week

Post  STOO01 Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:15 am

with a free week this thursday against the tassie a couple of blazers players went to the windsor to watch the game versus the douglas windsor b won quite easily in my opinion Smile
anyway we had a game of killer after the league game and thanks for the cash lads Laughing
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:08 am

Stoo01 wrote:with a free week this thursday against the tassie a couple of blazers players went to the windsor to watch the game versus the douglas windsor b won quite easily in my opinion Smile
anyway we had a game of killer after the league game and thanks for the cash lads Laughing

ul no b winning nothing this week stoo Wink lol! lol!
looking forward to the game against you's.....dont even know if its at buck or blazers but will look the now santa

Back to top Go down

Open Discussions - Page 2 Empty Christmas Quiz

Post  STOO01 Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:13 pm

The 1st of December so i have added a wee quiz on the home/news page at the bottom. How much do you know on the rules and history of our league Question

santa
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:19 pm

7-10 on the quiz, not terrible not great.

Good stuff stoo well done.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:23 pm

7/10 thats good the question ain't rocket science, 5 minutes of your time its christmas santa
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:26 pm

I tripped up on some of the stuff from before I was in the league.

But aye everybody that visits should give it a wee go cheers

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:32 pm

Bored at work and had a look at the east neuk league's website. It has over 100 members it seems, how they can manage that and we can manage less than 10!?!? We know now that more people are using the site than thought just a few weeks ago and some have used the excuse that they're not computer literate! you know who you are Twisted Evil .

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:19 pm

i registered on the east neak as levenmouth to have a look theve been going longer than us
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:23 pm

Yes I noticed you there stoo. They sure have and maybe they have a bigger league than us too. But I know guys at the brig and the argyl are using the site, bee good to hear what they have to say from time to time cheers

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  BABA Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:20 pm

Stoo 1st shot of the quiz 10/10 Is there any prizes? bounce
BABA
BABA

Birthday : 1970-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:54 am

no baba no prizes 10/10 thats good couple o wee tricky 1s in there tho. scratch
funny that i got 10 my first shot Laughing
wish i'd got your picture o the hustler good 1. Idea
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Open Discussions - Page 2 Empty Fixtures and League Table

Post  STOO01 Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:56 pm

Fixtures and League Table updated for 6 Dec 07.
couldni get logged on to the freewebs site. Cool
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:32 am

Haha the comment about the best team on the night won is fucking shite 6-5 just shut up clown clown
you buck players come out wi some pish i'll tell you that ,hey its a game o pool dinni bite at every thing we say cos youz did on thusday night cyclops
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:15 am

Stoo01 wrote:Haha the comment about the best team on the night won is fucking shite 6-5 just shut up clown clown
you buck players come out wi some pish i'll tell you that ,hey its a game o pool dinni bite at every thing we say cos youz did on thusday night cyclops

Should we bite now? Shame Stoo you seem like a cool guy don't know what your problem is with the Buck B all of a sudden tonight. You were fine talking to me and bamboo on thursday? Would like to think it's the drink talkin but I'm not going to worry about it, most of us have kids and jobs to worry about so why bother stressing about someone thinking the losing team wasn't the best team?

If we're not free to say our own opinions without someone losing the plot then why make a forum for us to post on.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:17 am

Amir AWESOME!

Ricky Hatton to break that cocky american's jaw in round 6 Wink

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:59 pm

ok my comments were a bit harsh been on the drink for 3 days sorry
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:59 pm

It's cool Stoo, I'm sure we've both said worse when drunk.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:10 am

I think I really am the only poor b*****d that is bored out of his wick at work all day checking this site with nothing better to do! I could work obviously but that's even more boring Laughing .

Are the names for the competitions due at the next meeting?

LWB

Back to top Go down

Open Discussions - Page 2 Empty The eagle has landed!!!!

Post  redbeard Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:07 am

After what feels like months of annoyance to get my finger oota ma ass and register i've finally got round to it Exclamation will do my best to not be lazy and just post in the comments bit lol! looking forward to the decrease in difficulty of the games up until the crimbo break, all due respect to the Auld H Bk & the Den B but they're not blazers and the brig Exclamation looking forward to seein the table at the crimbo break tho... Brig 51, Buck B 45, Den A 42, Blazers 39, Winnie B 36 Exclamation Question Exclamation Question any body see it otherwise? pirat
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:22 am

Good to see you posting beardy, stoo will be pleased. Hopefully not much different but we may be missing a few players this week so hopefully we can pull a team together! Shocked .

I could be wrong but are the windsor B, Blazers and Buck B already thinking about their games against eachother in the second half of the season?

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:44 am

Good to here your comments beardy ,it was a close game last thursday the last singles was maybe a bit of a dodgy decision to the bucks credit they didnt complain at the time ,I think thats what made youz more determined in the doubles to win.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next