Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League Race

+7
joebuck
redbeard
BABA
LWB
Baldy
Sean
STOO01
11 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

League Race - Page 2 Empty Re: League Race

Post  LWB Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:44 am

joebuck wrote:
LWB wrote:
redbeard wrote:yeh and maybe we can name the rule lwb? football had the 'bosman' we can have the 'Palmer'? lol!

Yes Tamus would be pleased lol. He'd talked about playing for us but obviously no can do now and he thought about the kirk league instead. But it would be great to bring him back!

This is the problem with these rules u see, some teams will stretch and bend to the limit and other's go by the book, I am not saying that the Denn A r wrong here as I don't know all the in's and out's of this rule, but if they have more than 2 player's out of town for whatever reason then u would think that the Buck could do the same Question But as the rule is written at the moment it would seem that the Denn A r bending to suit. Idea Think the committee should re-write the rule with all it's add on's and bendy bits so all know exactly what the score is. After all we have a player that plays with us in Glenrothes that stayed in kennoway and played for the sunbeam years ago, born and bred through and through, so can he come back and play for a team that already have the two "out of towner's" Question

I'm sure the denn aren't breaking any rules here and I wouldn't want to see any players they have be told they shouldn't play at any point so it's not something I'd bring up, but I'd love to get my old mate tamus palmer through for a game!!! lol

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:52 am

LWB wrote:
joebuck wrote:
LWB wrote:
redbeard wrote:yeh and maybe we can name the rule lwb? football had the 'bosman' we can have the 'Palmer'? lol!

Yes Tamus would be pleased lol. He'd talked about playing for us but obviously no can do now and he thought about the kirk league instead. But it would be great to bring him back!

This is the problem with these rules u see, some teams will stretch and bend to the limit and other's go by the book, I am not saying that the Denn A r wrong here as I don't know all the in's and out's of this rule, but if they have more than 2 player's out of town for whatever reason then u would think that the Buck could do the same Question But as the rule is written at the moment it would seem that the Denn A r bending to suit. Idea Think the committee should re-write the rule with all it's add on's and bendy bits so all know exactly what the score is. After all we have a player that plays with us in Glenrothes that stayed in kennoway and played for the sunbeam years ago, born and bred through and through, so can he come back and play for a team that already have the two "out of towner's" Question

I'm sure the denn aren't breaking any rules here and I wouldn't want to see any players they have be told they shouldn't play at any point so it's not something I'd bring up, but I'd love to get my old mate tamus palmer through for a game!!! lol

Is Tamus Palmer's situation any different from the boy's in the Denn team Question Why did he stop playing for u boys Question What is the difference between K. Cation and T. Palmer Question Both used to play for teams in Levenmouth and both moved away to pastures new, one keeps playing and one doesn't, this is what it looks like but maybe there is some other explaination:!: Did T. Palmer stop on his own accord or was he told he could not play Question

Baba has a very good point about the guys playing for 25 years or so, before moving and if this is the rule then that is all well and good, so the simple solution would be for the committee to add that into the rule saying that if someone has stayed and played in the area for X amount of years then they are not classed as "out of towner's" then all would know and that would b that. jocolor jocolor geek study
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:10 am

Tam stopped of his own accord because he had too much going on to play. He's played in the league for about 5 years which is a long time for someone only 24 and he lived in leven all his life. No great push to get him in to play, he certainly wouldn't make a fuss about it and neither will we. If or when he wants to come back then I'll speak to someone about whether that's possible. The Winnie B players might know Tam from the tassie...

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:34 am

redbeard wrote:
bambooozled wrote:
Baldy wrote:Have to agree wi Bamboo aboot Levenmouth boys being dropped for the Kdy boys. But it backfired as it was one of them that screwed up to let Rab Frape in to finish the second doubles. Think the Den are trying too hard. They have enough good Levenmouth players to win any game without bringing in out of district players. Rolling Eyes

On the same note though, has the restriction been raised on the qty of out of district players? I thought you were only allowed 2. They already have Kenny Cation (Glenrothes) and now two Kirkcaldy boys?

the number of out of district players is still only 2....didnt even know that kenny cation was an out of towner unless they have him down for a leven address Shocked wish it was more than 2 out of district players tho.....would probably benefit oor team Razz
boxin day competition in cj's (HUSTLERS) if anyones interested....starts at 12:30 Cool

bamboo wishing for more out of towners on our team? poor call dude pirat

Why would ANY team want ANY "out of towners" playing for an amateur pub pool team? Its not fair on the regulars who turn up every week. The brig boys are not the best individual players in the league and lift a cue only once a week and they have an average AGE of (at least 40). I personally think teams who bring in "big ego out of towners" put unneccessary pressure on themselves because if it goes tits up then EVERYONE comes out of the woodwork saying "TOLD YOU SO" and you should have used the local players who KNOW their opponents abilities. No disrespect to ANYONE but if the brig win the league for the 4th year in a row with "OLD DRUNKEN ONCE A WEEK PLAYING HASBEENS" then it goes to show how poor the rest of the league really is. Point being is just RELAX and ENJOY
Sean
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:53 am

bullseye0 wrote:
redbeard wrote:
bambooozled wrote:
Baldy wrote:Have to agree wi Bamboo aboot Levenmouth boys being dropped for the Kdy boys. But it backfired as it was one of them that screwed up to let Rab Frape in to finish the second doubles. Think the Den are trying too hard. They have enough good Levenmouth players to win any game without bringing in out of district players. Rolling Eyes

On the same note though, has the restriction been raised on the qty of out of district players? I thought you were only allowed 2. They already have Kenny Cation (Glenrothes) and now two Kirkcaldy boys?

the number of out of district players is still only 2....didnt even know that kenny cation was an out of towner unless they have him down for a leven address Shocked wish it was more than 2 out of district players tho.....would probably benefit oor team Razz
boxin day competition in cj's (HUSTLERS) if anyones interested....starts at 12:30 Cool

bamboo wishing for more out of towners on our team? poor call dude pirat

Why would ANY team want ANY "out of towners" playing for an amateur pub pool team? Its not fair on the regulars who turn up every week. The brig boys are not the best individual players in the league and lift a cue only once a week and they have an average AGE of (at least 40). I personally think teams who bring in "big ego out of towners" put unneccessary pressure on themselves because if it goes tits up then EVERYONE comes out of the woodwork saying "TOLD YOU SO" and you should have used the local players who KNOW their opponents abilities. No disrespect to ANYONE but if the brig win the league for the 4th year in a row with "OLD DRUNKEN ONCE A WEEK PLAYING HASBEENS" then it goes to show how poor the rest of the league really is. Point being is just RELAX and ENJOY

Well said bully Smile That is what every team should be just boys from the pub playing and enjoying, works fine if all teams have enough player's. Windsor A were struggling to get a team to-gether and thats how I started to play for them, if they get more re-liable players from the local then that is fine, I could stay in the hoose if they did not want me, but I do enjoy a second league game in the week Very Happy
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:04 am

If the Brig boys have been picking up a cue once a week since they've been playing then I'm roger rabbit! Razz I've seen yourself bully and scott in the Ambassador many times. I played in the same tournaments on weekends as rab frape at the bayview bar years ago. I played snooker with craig going back about ten years and I know he's had a lot of practice in his time. Individually the Brig does have at least as good a team as anyone else and that's not just because they're enjoying it more or have a better team spirit than everyone else, they also have players that have played a LOT of pool/snooker in their time.

Simple fact is kirkcaldy is just down the road and it's very tempting to grab a couple of experienced players rather than turning to pub 'regulars' you don't have much of a chance in the league. Our two kirk boys are by no means close to the best in the league or even the best in our team, but they show up EVERY week very keen to play so why not? We even had both of them on thursday even though they were well aware there was no game and we were just gonna see what happens and who shows up on the night.

Not saying that out of towners are the best thing that happened to the league, but there's no harm in giving some keen players another competition to play in, is there???

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:31 am

LWB wrote:If the Brig boys have been picking up a cue once a week since they've been playing then I'm roger rabbit! Razz I've seen yourself bully and scott in the Ambassador many times. I played in the same tournaments on weekends as rab frape at the bayview bar years ago. I played snooker with craig going back about ten years and I know he's had a lot of practice in his time. Individually the Brig does have at least as good a team as anyone else and that's not just because they're enjoying it more or have a better team spirit than everyone else, they also have players that have played a LOT of pool/snooker in their time.

Simple fact is kirkcaldy is just down the road and it's very tempting to grab a couple of experienced players rather than turning to pub 'regulars' you don't have much of a chance in the league. Our two kirk boys are by no means close to the best in the league or even the best in our team, but they show up EVERY week very keen to play so why not? We even had both of them on thursday even though they were well aware there was no game and we were just gonna see what happens and who shows up on the night.

Not saying that out of towners are the best thing that happened to the league, but there's no harm in giving some keen players another competition to play in, is there???

aye LWB my rant was not at the buck anyway and I think you have to agree with what I said about "out of towners". My point is that the den inn A came to the brig with about 16 players meaning they DONT NEED any more players. As for lifting a cue once a week I actually meant playing pool on their own pub pool team table.
Sean
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:16 pm

bullseye0 wrote:
LWB wrote:If the Brig boys have been picking up a cue once a week since they've been playing then I'm roger rabbit! Razz I've seen yourself bully and scott in the Ambassador many times. I played in the same tournaments on weekends as rab frape at the bayview bar years ago. I played snooker with craig going back about ten years and I know he's had a lot of practice in his time. Individually the Brig does have at least as good a team as anyone else and that's not just because they're enjoying it more or have a better team spirit than everyone else, they also have players that have played a LOT of pool/snooker in their time.

aye LWB my rant was not at the buck anyway and I think you have to agree with what I said about "out of towners". My point is that the den inn A came to the brig with about 16 players meaning they DONT NEED any more players. As for lifting a cue once a week I actually meant playing pool on their own pub pool team table.

Don't take it personally bully mate, you know I love ya Razz lol! . I'm just saying there is a place for out of towners in Leven in my opinion. You've got a point though, in the case of the Denn when they have loads of good players it's a wee bit surprising to most they'd recruit out of towners. But hey I'm sure the guys running the team really want to see the fruit of their labour in the form of winning the league, and by the looks of it they're going to lose players to the AHW so they will be looking to keep hold of the kirk boys to retain their position, after all even though those boys never showed much in the brig, they're well known for being very good players, and for most it's hard to say no to players who can help you win the league. I can't really say much against out of towners anyway as I've went through to kirkcaldy a few times this year to help out in important games like the league cup semi, and I'm playing in the 2 man team this week too as the wifes away so I have some free tme cheers cheers cheers .

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:55 pm

well well well whats this the mighty buck b lost 4-7 at home what you boys got tosay about that, who was missing, who had the game and lost,who is for the drop all these questions need answers.
windsor b another coupon burster .it'll be quiet on this forum this week with you boys fi the buck b and windsor b Laughing
i'll wait for joes side of the story na buck a players want to share there victory. cheers
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ayeright Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:32 am

We can't argue with our result like, 8-3 was pretty fair. The better team on the night won!! The A team took there chances well and we were pish by all accounts. 4-0 down with our top 3 players (through percentages) already beaten. All credit to the A team they finished there chances well. It's just really frustrating that the week that the Buck B lose so do we so we dont gain on a team above us especially when our next league game is away to the brig!!! If we play like we did last night in that game it could well be 11-0.

Anyway nevermind 100 ball next week, saying that away to the buck A is certainly not gonna be easy either!!! Crying or Very sad

ayeright

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:32 am

Stoo01 wrote:well well well whats this the mighty buck b lost 4-7 at home what you boys got tosay about that, who was missing, who had the game and lost,who is for the drop all these questions need answers.
windsor b another coupon burster .it'll be quiet on this forum this week with you boys fi the buck b and windsor b Laughing
i'll wait for joes side of the story na buck a players want to share there victory. cheers

someone been windin u up stoo?? Shocked
shocked bout the windsor a tho.....great result 4 them....
you win ur game joe??

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:34 am

played the AHW pretty good team close games we had probably our strongest team for a while. couple o murray boys good potters inproved since the 1st game of the season so watch out teams Wink
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:56 am

Stoo01 wrote:well well well whats this the mighty buck b lost 4-7 at home what you boys got tosay about that, who was missing, who had the game and lost,who is for the drop all these questions need answers.

The story was Stoo:-

The A humped the B, good and proper, was over in the singles but we played out the doubles to give them a practice punch
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:03 am

Always knew there was a reason for having an "A" and a "B" team, take it the "A"'s have the best player's. losser

Last edited by on Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:07 am

I think most of the team was poor, we didn't get going at all, but we had a great night so it's all good. The Buck A are a good team and they might well pull off more shocks before the season is done.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:18 am

bambooozled wrote:

someone been windin u up stoo?? Shocked
shocked bout the windsor a tho.....great result 4 them....
you win ur game joe??

Did u need to ask Question 2 out o 2, although all i did in the doubles was get oot of snookers (johnstones what do u expect) fudgers Question But Dean took care of business just the same. Very Happy
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  ayeright Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:39 am

joebuck wrote:

The A humped the B, good and proper, was over in the singles but we played out the doubles to give them a practice punch

Glad to see you win wi dignity Joe, maybe you'll win a game in the singles league soon and be able to be so happy again.

As for the Johnstons being fudgers, play either one to 10 and i'll put ma £££ on them any day.

I tried to say well played earlier but obviously when you've beaten a team CLEARLY better than yours (the league doesn't lie) you canny just say good game or that. fud.

ayeright

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:45 am

ayeright wrote:
joebuck wrote:

Glad to see you win wi dignity Joe, maybe you'll win a game in the singles league soon and be able to be so happy again.

As for the Johnstons being fudgers, play either one to 10 and i'll put ma £££ on them any day.

I tried to say well played earlier but obviously when you've beaten a team CLEARLY better than yours (the league doesn't lie) you canny just say good game or that. fud.

You two guys still have to share a pub! lol I'm sure joe wanted nothing more than to wind you guys up, but just for the banter! it is a social league after all! just for the record ayeright was a good loser there so credit to you for that mate.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:49 am

EFREN wrote:
ayeright wrote:
joebuck wrote:

You two guys still have to share a pub! lol I'm sure joe wanted nothing more than to wind you guys up, but just for the banter! it is a social league after all! just for the record ayeright was a good loser there so credit to you for that mate.

Pity Stoo has not got an emotion with a DUMMY or a FISHING ROD cheers cheers

A shock all ur hands on the night and said well played, I do this week in week out with all teams win or lose. It's only banter have a laugh, never know it might b ur turn to get the cream the next time Question
dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy dummy

Last edited by on Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:11 am

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!! lol!

Aye the johnstones are both very good players and i think the only bad thing i would have to say about their pool is that sometimes they can be too safe sometimes when they should take the game but that isnt always a bad thing is it especially in our fudging leven rules pirat

still only lost 1 match this season so far......will be good to get a match with ya again after u beat me last time stoo Cool Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:14 am

you know me bam never brag good or bad a wee stat for you tho i've never lost a frame in blazers so far.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:16 am

Stoo01 wrote:you know me bam never brag good or bad a wee stat for you tho i've never lost a frame in blazers so far.

i hope you've still got that home record when we meet again Wink hehe!
even if ye did brag its all banter at the end of the day Laughing

Back to top Go down

League Race - Page 2 Empty FUDGER ON LINE

Post  Guest Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:23 am

Just thought I'd come on to say Jimmy Calderwood is well out of order making comment about specific players - obviously nae class!!

As said by Aye Right the table doesn't lie but you would think JC would be better off commenting about his own teams good performance!

Well done to the Windsor A on the night - I think a good laugh was had by all (even in defeat).

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:28 am

if i still have that record when we play uz i wont care win or lose thats what 3rd last of season
good to see ur comments fudger did u learn all u know of gabs
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:02 am

Na - Gabs banter is far better than mine - just a pity he disnae ken how to use a computer!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next