Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League Race

+7
joebuck
redbeard
BABA
LWB
Baldy
Sean
STOO01
11 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

League Race - Page 12 Empty Re: League Race

Post  STOO01 Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:24 am

i think that was the dens last chance to win the title ,brig had a strong side not like the team bullseye was predicting , the pub was that busy round the table it was great to see people arguing about a game of pool, the threatning behaviour of some was unforgetable i love it Laughing
"keep behind the line" was shouted by some chap, what line there was no barrers or lines what was it a police scene. bad mood
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

League Race - Page 12 Empty re : league race

Post  the waterboy Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:13 am

It was not like a police scene last night stoo it was more like a scene from MAD MAX ..... affraid

Anyway thats the league season over for another year with the Brig triumphant for the fourth year on the bounce cheers cheers

Its just like the quotes say :- "talent wins games - intelligence and TEAMWORK WINS TITLES " and the Brig has the latter in abundance (was going to highlight intelligence but forgot bullseye plays for the Brig lol! )

Just the singles final to go now . Are the police cones and red and white barrier tape already in the Windsor for Sunday . scratch
the waterboy
the waterboy

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:40 am

Just the singles final to go now . Are the police cones and red and white barrier tape already in the Windsor for Sunday . scratch[/quote]

I they should be cos it aint gonna be good for us spectators to try watch and even worse for the players trying to get a shot round the table, well we will see what its like.
got a photo of jim white's home made t shirt first class and very even - https://levenmouthpoolleague.forumotion.com/gallery/Pictures/Jim-White-Brig-Celebration-pic_11.htm
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

League Race - Page 12 Empty re : jimmy`s t-shirt

Post  the waterboy Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:24 am

STOO01 wrote:Just the singles final to go now . Are the police cones and red and white barrier tape already in the Windsor for Sunday . scratch

I they should be cos it aint gonna be good for us spectators to try watch and even worse for the players trying to get a shot round the table, well we will see what its like.
got a photo of jim white's home made t shirt first class and very even - https://levenmouthpoolleague.forumotion.com/gallery/Pictures/Jim-White-Brig-Celebration-pic_11.htm[/quote]

cracking photo stoo..... : you would never be able to tell that used to be one of mine lol!
the waterboy
the waterboy

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:51 am

I notice bullseye hasn't posted anything yet, he must still be hungover lol!.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:41 am

STOO01 wrote:i think that was the dens last chance to win the title ,brig had a strong side not like the team bullseye was predicting , the pub was that busy round the table it was great to see people arguing about a game of pool, the threatning behaviour of some was unforgetable i love it Laughing
"keep behind the line" was shouted by some chap, what line there was no barrers or lines what was it a police scene. bad mood

That was just what we call MIND GAMES Stoo. Smile Smile Smile Smile
Sean
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:50 am

LWB wrote:I notice bullseye hasn't posted anything yet, he must still be hungover lol!.

Aye yer right LWB ah didny get in till 2.45 and ah was like a shot doo this mornin. Ma gaffer still smelt alcohol on ma breath at 3pm. drunken drunken drunken drunken . Are there any good joiners oot there coz the brig are gonna need a bigger trophy cabinet made. lol! lol! lol! lol! cheers cheers cheers cheers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Smile Smile Cool Cool Cool Cool
1 other piece of news is Im retiring from pool. 20 years is enough and Im fed up turning up at work on fridays like a burst pipe. See you all at presentation night x
Sean
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:04 am

madness you'll be back 20 years and you want to give it up ye dinni have ti get nutted every thursday .
ye didni get in till 2.45 you must have got lost on the way home again . i got stopped for no wearing a seat belt about 12 in the afternoon and prayed he wizni wanting a breath test or i may have been fucked £30 fine i'll have ti stay in and save up geek
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

League Race - Page 12 Empty East Fife Mail

Post  STOO01 Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:30 am

the web site got a mention with the address in the sports classifield, pool results
checked the results and its got 10-1 to blazers v sunbeam i never phoned the result last thusday and had agreed to give the beam the rest of the games once we got to 6 .so much of a hurry to get to the den to watch the league decider anyway went to the buck friday afternoon for the results and the score for blazers v sunbeam as i expected so i entered 6-5 sorry beam players forgot Neutral
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

League Race - Page 12 Empty 2008 / 09 season

Post  joebuck Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:46 am

Does anyone know when this starts up again and when does the fixtures get published QuestionQuestion Question Question
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:40 pm

joebuck wrote:Does anyone know when this starts up again and when does the fixtures get published QuestionQuestion Question Question

who cares lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:40 am

Bampot wrote:
joebuck wrote:Does anyone know when this starts up again and when does the fixtures get published QuestionQuestion Question Question

who cares lol!

No u anyway Exclamation Take it u r still working on a Thursday night Question Someone must have an idea when it starts again Question Heard the 14 or 21 August so it's not far away Embarassed So u away and enjoy ur Dunfermline league dummy dummy
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:22 am

joebuck wrote:
Bampot wrote:

who cares lol!

No u anyway Exclamation Take it u r still working on a Thursday night Question Someone must have an idea when it starts again Question Heard the 14 or 21 August so it's not far away Embarassed So u away and enjoy ur Dunfermline league dummy dummy

some thursday nites aye......but just lately havent been playin or wanting to play much.....first o me playin in ages was in the legends qualifiers on sunday there....ill be back in the leven league when it starts and whenever im not working tho Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:34 am

Has it been decided when the league starts up again Question 14 or 21 August Question Any fixtures available yet Question
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:37 am

The leven lier had a note about when the new league campain starts its 14th august and the fixture list will be handed out on thursday 7th august the same night as the summer league final in blazers the mail also had the league table of the summer league with some of the point wrong but hey we cant have every thing for free and correct thanks EFM
the 3 finalists are correct Blazers, Auld Hoose Windygates, Brig
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

League Race - Page 12 Empty 1st win of the season

Post  STOO01 Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:54 am

blazers won 7-4 v douglas close game in my opinion , if any teams want there singles stats for the season then e-mail the team and who won on the night no walk overs allowed or pm me on the forum should have a nice we competition if any teams are interested Bt, Spencer, Baba, Stoo, Gabs won for blazers. geek
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:27 pm

Somebody tell me i wasnt the only nugget to forget to nominate his bag!?!? had two shots, nominated on the 1st which wasnt gonna be a pot, just a nudge towards the bag, then got doon n sunk it without re-nominating for the same fuckin bag, what a farcical rule!!!!!!!!
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:41 pm

i bet every venue last night had a problem with the name your bag for the black rule bambi had bother with the rule as well he's no getting ti drink again cocacola from now on squire ya nippy cunt Laughing
saying that if we were playing blackball rules we would all be fucked wi the hitting the cushion so we've just got to get on wi it and get rid o the fucking rule at the next agm.
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:18 pm

Windsor A oot the league already and only the first game played. 11- 0 to the Windsor B. Bayview Bar next in line?
Baldy
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:06 pm

STOO01 wrote:i bet every venue last night had a problem with the name your bag for the black rule bambi had bother with the rule as well he's no getting ti drink again cocacola from now on squire ya nippy cunt Laughing
saying that if we were playing blackball rules we would all be fucked wi the hitting the cushion so we've just got to get on wi it and get rid o the fucking rule at the next agm.

The nominate the black rule is like me.....nippy as fuck and no matter how many times u get rid of it......it always comes back Laughing lol!
ur own fault stoo, u told me u canny sign for blazers n drink coca-cola mind Wink
on way home a foned a delivery wi nae cash and when the delivery came to the road a was walkin on a made him gimme a lift as well and had ti get lav ti pay for ma food and i also played baba 1 frame for £30 so it was a pretty dear f**king nite considering i couldnt even hold the cue when i played him lol! drunken drunken

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:08 am

so i take it you enjoyed the blazers experience then bampot had a good time and lost all your money. how joe had you on the ropes last night lucky you named the bag for the black eh. saying that i could have lost baba was below par and bandit potted the black and white.
the main thing is we won the match , thats the funds up to £25 for the player of the year trophy (blazers most wins in a season. £5 each). we lost skins and terry to the ahw the reason was for skins was he could not afford all the taxi fares to windygates but who turned up at the funner after their match half the ahw team strange one eh dont want to play for us but want to drink with us. Wink
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redbeard Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:40 am

Seems i wasnt the only nugget to get caught out wi that backwards rule! one brig player did the same but was let off the hook. Fair enough i say.

The point of this rule is not to catch your opponent out to win on a technicallity!!! its to stop being beat by a fluke, a shot of no skill. So where is the harm in a ref saying "nominate your bag" as you get to the black? No decent player/team should want to take a frame in that way, so although it wont make a bit o difference i'm gonnae bring it up at the next meeting that the refs should say "nominate" who agrees? and who would back it if i brought it up? who thinks im a fud for even mentioning it?

i'll add a poll in a new subject. Vote Mofo's! Very Happy
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldy Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:53 am

Same thing about the ref askin for the player to nominate came up the last time we played this stupid rule. It was another unwritten rule that the ref was supposed to ask. I always did. Think it's crap if someone loses a game for not nominating a bag he is obviously going for.
Baldy
Baldy

Birthday : 1908-10-02

Back to top Go down

League Race - Page 12 Empty Blazers in the 21st century

Post  STOO01 Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:30 am

Blazers form in the league and 100 ball competitions 2000 onwards
Year League 100 Ball
00-01 Champions Runner-up versus Brig
01-02 Runner-up 2nd Round versus Brig
02-03 3rd Champions versus Buck

03-06 didnt complete any of the 3 seasons

06-07 3rd Semi-Final versus Den inn
07-08 3rd 2nd round versus Douglas
08-09 2nd Group stage

the league 3rd or better every year, 100 ball winners and runner-up not to bad except the group stage last year and the 2nd round versus Douglas
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:51 am

Well left the Argyll on Thursday sick as a parrot after taking them all the way only to lose the last frame for a defeat.

Mighty achievement all the same as we only had 6 players turn up Embarassed , a win would have put us 4th in the league and only 2 points outta 2nd place. Crying or Very sad

Plan for the rest of the season has to be getting 8 players on the field every match night.

Mon the Douglas, onwards and upwards cheers
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next