Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League Race

+7
joebuck
redbeard
BABA
LWB
Baldy
Sean
STOO01
11 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

League Race - Page 3 Empty Re: League Race

Post  Guest Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:07 am

s-s-s-s-stutter Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  ayeright Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:08 am

joebuck wrote:
EFREN wrote:
ayeright wrote:
joebuck wrote:
Stoo01 wrote:well well well whats this the mighty buck b lost 4-7 at home what you boys got tosay about that, who was missing, who had the game and lost,who is for the drop all these questions need answers.
windsor b another coupon burster .it'll be quiet on this forum this week with you boys fi the buck b and windsor b Laughing
i'll wait for joes side of the story na buck a players want to share there victory. cheers

The story was Stoo:-

The A humped the B, good and proper, was over in the singles but we played out the doubles to give them a practice punch

Glad to see you win wi dignity Joe, maybe you'll win a game in the singles league soon and be able to be so happy again.

As for the Johnstons being fudgers, play either one to 10 and i'll put ma £££ on them any day.

I tried to say well played earlier but obviously when you've beaten a team CLEARLY better than yours (the league doesn't lie) you canny just say good game or that. fud.

You two guys still have to share a pub! lol I'm sure joe wanted nothing more than to wind you guys up, but just for the banter! it is a social league after all! just for the record ayeright was a good loser there so credit to you for that mate.

Pity Stoo has not got an emotion with a DUMMY or a FISHING ROD cheers cheers

A shock all ur hands on the night and said well played, I do this week in week out with all teams win or lose. It's only banter have a laugh, never know it might b ur turn to get the cream the next time Question

I do have a laugh a the boozer mate!! It's just when we beat yous in the firdt game I read that apparantly there was nothing between the teams, now you humped us??

The real problem here is you're right!!! you's did hump us fair and square Sad Fair play well done to yous!!!

By the way the Buck A and Windsor A will both have decent 2nd halfs of the season I fancy like!!

ayeright

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:55 am

Simon was telling me how the B team slaughtered the A last week, needless to say when I found out the result I text him right away geek .

I must say the buck A are definately one of the better teams in the league, and if they bothered about winning they'd be higher. No excuses from us they were too good. So aye I can see them having a good second half. Probably the Windsor A too, can't really remember much about playing them the first time.

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:09 am

ayeright wrote:
joebuck wrote:
EFREN wrote:
ayeright wrote:
joebuck wrote:
Stoo01 wrote:well well well whats this the mighty buck b lost 4-7 at home what you boys got tosay about that, who was missing, who had the game and lost,who is for the drop all these questions need answers.
windsor b another coupon burster .it'll be quiet on this forum this week with you boys fi the buck b and windsor b Laughing
i'll wait for joes side of the story na buck a players want to share there victory. cheers

The story was Stoo:-

The A humped the B, good and proper, was over in the singles but we played out the doubles to give them a practice punch

Glad to see you win wi dignity Joe, maybe you'll win a game in the singles league soon and be able to be so happy again.

As for the Johnstons being fudgers, play either one to 10 and i'll put ma £££ on them any day.

I tried to say well played earlier but obviously when you've beaten a team CLEARLY better than yours (the league doesn't lie) you canny just say good game or that. fud.

You two guys still have to share a pub! lol I'm sure joe wanted nothing more than to wind you guys up, but just for the banter! it is a social league after all! just for the record ayeright was a good loser there so credit to you for that mate.

Pity Stoo has not got an emotion with a DUMMY or a FISHING ROD cheers cheers

A shock all ur hands on the night and said well played, I do this week in week out with all teams win or lose. It's only banter have a laugh, never know it might b ur turn to get the cream the next time Question

I do have a laugh a the boozer mate!! It's just when we beat yous in the firdt game I read that apparantly there was nothing between the teams, now you humped us??

The real problem here is you're right!!! you's did hump us fair and square Sad Fair play well done to yous!!!

By the way the Buck A and Windsor A will both have decent 2nd halfs of the season I fancy like!!

Can't argue with that u were all good sports last night, first game between us was like last night, I watched the first game as I was not allowed to play, but there was not much between the teams in that game nor was there last night, but it is about taking chances, u boys did it in the first game and we did it last night.

Hopefully we can do a bit better in the second half, we do have the player's to improve but can we produce and take the chances week on week Question

On paper I would not argue that the "B" team probably do look a better team and I have seen most of u play on Thursday nights before matches and now in 2 league matches and yes some of u r very impressive, but we got the cream and the candy. Very Happy Smile
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:07 am

i see your fishing is better than yer pool joe Wink Razz lol!!
hehe just kiddin mate Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:52 pm

hey old fudger what you picking on Jimmy Calderwood (Mr orange) for skill
the buck b were 3 or 4 nil down at the start last thursday it was all over in the singles i hear. and bamboozled mitchell let you off the hook eh flower
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:05 pm

Stoo01 wrote:hey old fudger what you picking on Jimmy Calderwood (Mr orange) for skill
the buck b were 3 or 4 nil down at the start last thursday it was all over in the singles i hear. and bamboozled mitchell let you off the hook eh flower

wasnt all over in the singles so u hear wrong Laughing
weve went into the doubles a few times 5-3 down and still won so it was definately not all over.....but then again your team would know that Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:15 pm

thats a bite Laughing
you no wanting to tell me how close the games were that uz lost Rolling Eyes
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ayeright Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:09 am

EFREN wrote:Simon was telling me how the B team slaughtered the A last week, needless to say when I found out the result I text him right away geek .

I must say the buck A are definately one of the better teams in the league, and if they bothered about winning they'd be higher. No excuses from us they were too good. So aye I can see them having a good second half. Probably the Windsor A too, can't really remember much about playing them the first time.

Aye when we played the buck A at the buck earlier this season we were 5-1 up then out of nowhere it was 5-4 and it took a fine clearance by a certain ayeright to make it 6-4 when it was looking certain for 5-5!!!! (had to drop that in there lol)

I think on there day loads of teams outwith the top 5/6 can beat the so called better teams, Buck A, Windsor A, AHW, AHB, Douglas and the Den B. Apologies to any teams i've not mentioned there, those are just the ones that spring to mind!!

Hope these teams have an off day against us and play out there skin against Blazers Buck B Argyll and Den Inn, think we're too far behind the Brig to win them and prob need a bit more consistency before we could challenge them for the league!!

ayeright

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:12 am

Stoo01 wrote:thats a bite Laughing
you no wanting to tell me how close the games were that uz lost Rolling Eyes

nah no bite stoo, just an opportunity for me to bring back the memories of the buck blazers game hehe! Laughing
may have been a bad loser in the past but i just enjoy playin these days, against mitchell i went for a clearance.....2 balls left and rolled one in slowly to pot it in the middle and the white rolled off before it got to it and it hit the knuckle then he potted his last colour and the white (dont know why he put bottom on the white) to let me bk in and i finished it.

dont know how all the other games went coz i was late in and wasnt watchin the games most of the time (the joys of having 2 tables at our venue u see) Razz

was funny to see james anderson losing to good auld john guidy tho......wasnt sure who to cheer for in that match hehe Laughing

Stoo who's yer 5man team this year?

last year i was supposed to play but it clashed with another tournament elsewhere and i couldnt make it and we had to bring someone else in i think....im sure there was another player that couldnt make ii either tho

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:12 am

yes the title is over unless teams can beat the brig.i think a team to challenge the brig would have to go unbeaten to the end of the season cant see that fi den, buck probably the only ones close enough to challenge if possible this late in the season
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:15 am

There's no huge gap in ability with most teams in the league, there does tend to be as much of a gap in how much teams bother about it. The buck A only bothered about beating us for the banter. Can't say a bad word about our A team either, they're a credit to the league.

I think there will be a good challenge put up from the AHW next year, and the argyll team are only getting better. If I've learned anything this year though it's wining get's you nothing but having a laugh on the night is what its' all about!

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:21 am

i was kidding you boys on the day cos jim mcilroy phoned to arrange the singles game i was askin how it went thanks for clearing that up for me Razz
yeh 5 man team fi last season kev,brian,mints,tell,me same as in the photo wi the trophy (u asked) Laughing
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:43 am

Stoo01 wrote:i was kidding you boys on the day cos jim mcilroy phoned to arrange the singles game i was askin how it went thanks for clearing that up for me Razz
yeh 5 man team fi last season kev,brian,mints,tell,me same as in the photo wi the trophy (u asked) Laughing

ive still to fne skins about our match in the singles league, thank f*** im the home player as i hate the AHW table.....way too tight for my liking lol!
no bragging stoo Razz lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:50 am

bambooozled wrote:
Stoo01 wrote:i was kidding you boys on the day cos jim mcilroy phoned to arrange the singles game i was askin how it went thanks for clearing that up for me Razz

ive still to fne skins about our match in the singles league, thank f*** im the home player as i hate the AHW table.....way too tight for my liking lol!
no bragging stoo Razz lol!

Scott if you see michael do me a favour and remind him about the singles league fixture. As you said he never answers to texts and he's the home player anyway. cheers

LWB

Back to top Go down

League Race - Page 3 Empty Mystery of the Buck B's defeat solved....

Post  redbeard Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:49 am

The Buck B made a critical error last thursday! Dropping the mighty Redbeard!!!!!! its the only explanation!

In all truth the Buck A played very well, their team having seen a lot of us play this year really had the measure of the B team. We knew it would be a hard game cos its never an easy game for any team in the league to take points off the auld yins? Very Happy

Got to say tho John Guidi for the mosconi cup next time around, watching him play is like watching a house fall down yet everyone gets out safely!!! unfathomable! but a hell of a thing to see!

The mighty buck b will come storming outa the gates now, hopefully a long time before we have to go home kicking stones! pirat
redbeard
redbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:08 am

didnt even realise u had been dropped Shocked weird decision considering baz was down on the sheet in my place and u were still dropped before i said i was on my way and was put on instead of baz scratch

thats both times against the buck A this season weve lost the first 3 matches......altho this time round it was the first 4 matches lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:09 am

i thought baz was in the big brother house.
good comments about guidy redbeard lol
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:08 am

It was a clever move playing him against james, I think he was the only player james didn't want to play and the rest of our team would not have been bothered. Guidy never wins a bounce game when we're there so it's a mystery lol. Aye beardy was dropped, scott was dropped then put back for some reason Mad lol. But hey there's always next week eh!

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:05 pm

EFREN wrote:It was a clever move playing him against james, I think he was the only player james didn't want to play and the rest of our team would not have been bothered. Guidy never wins a bounce game when we're there so it's a mystery lol. Aye beardy was dropped, scott was dropped then put back for some reason Mad lol. But hey there's always next week eh!

Did i or did i not win my game....AGAIN Razz
get that stats out and see if anyones even close to me in the buck B team now Wink Laughing
nah i didnt want to play guidy either.......you could set all ur colours up and knock his safe and spend half an hour doin this against him and seem like u have the game won....then a guidy smash later and uv got 5 balls on cushions and his are covering all the bags lol!

i see stoo has added the dummy emoticon that joe was asking for Laughing

Back to top Go down

League Race - Page 3 Empty Matches i will miss so far this season....

Post  Guest Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:55 am

been looking at my dates for the league singles elsewhere so far (just the first rounds) if i get beat in the first round of the singles in each league then i will only miss 2 matches....
i wont be able to make the match against joe's mighty windsor A team and will also miss the match with the toll bar.

at least its not as bad as last time when i missed the brig and the den inn A matches Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  ayeright Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:16 pm

Are the wheels falling off the buck B bandwagon?? Wink

After going the whole of the first half of the season only losing to the Den and the Brig, they've started with a loss to the Buck A and out the 100 ball to the tassie?!?!?

Can any of you boys clear this up, is there disfunction in the ranks? have yous just been unlucky? or were yous punching above your weight?

Do teams such as the argyll and the (awesome lol) windsor B have a chance to overtake yous if they have a good second half of the season? Opinions please Buck boys!

Our next 2 games are the Brig and the AHW so potentially we could have 0 points from our first 3 games No Hopefully not like!!!!

ayeright

Back to top Go down

Post  LWB Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:50 pm

ayeright wrote:Are the wheels falling off the buck B bandwagon?? Wink

After going the whole of the first half of the season only losing to the Den and the Brig, they've started with a loss to the Buck A and out the 100 ball to the tassie?!?!?

Can any of you boys clear this up, is there disfunction in the ranks? have yous just been unlucky? or were yous punching above your weight?

Do teams such as the argyll and the (awesome lol) windsor B have a chance to overtake yous if they have a good second half of the season? Opinions please Buck boys!

Our next 2 games are the Brig and the AHW so potentially we could have 0 points from our first 3 games No Hopefully not like!!!!

Ok so here's how it is lol.

As far as the game with the buck A going, because we have the better team on paper I'd say we lost because we were very complacent. It was the most light hearted game of the season I be and we slipped to 4-0 before we realised what hit us. On the other hand I think a good team selection by them combimed with them playing out their skins meant that they played very well and really deserved the points.

The 100 ball last night! jesus lol. Dpends how you look at it with this one. We lost the whit off the break FOUR times. Some would say that's unlucky and some would say that's poor breaking. Anyway we lost the white EIGHT times through the match, cost us 24 points purely in fouls and countless balls we might have got off the breaks if the white stayed up, but instead the tassie got to play from the D.

Well done the tassie though. Anyone who read my posts a while back will have seen that I do rate their players. I think they should be doing far better in the league and will do if they keep the same boys next year. cheers

LWB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:13 am

ayeright wrote:Are the wheels falling off the buck B bandwagon?? Wink

I wouldnt ever have written off the Argyle, Blazers and Windsor B from catching up with us and also maybe overtaking us, i wouldnt say we were punching above our weight in first half of the season....we do have good players in our team and i think we fully deserve to be where we are now, the buck derby was a v.poor match.....watching the first 4 frames which we lost all 4 i thought some of our players were thinking it was going to be an easier match than we all knew it would be. not looking forward to this thursday as when ur teams not playing well at the moment the Argyle away is probably the worst fixture to have to go and play lol!!

hopefully we will get back on track and not lose anymore points to teams below us but now i think the games v the windsor B, Argyle and Blazers are all going to be big games if we want to stay where we are now or maybe even knock the den inn A off the 2nd spot Laughing i havent played against the den inn A or the brig this year as i was away when those matches were on Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:36 pm

bambooozled wrote:been looking at my dates for the league singles elsewhere so far (just the first rounds) if i get beat in the first round of the singles in each league then i will only miss 2 matches....
i wont be able to make the match against joe's mighty windsor A team and will also miss the match with the toll bar.

at least its not as bad as last time when i missed the brig and the den inn A matches Laughing

Hey bambi yer gonna lose your match against the brig anyway Razz Razz
Sean
Sean

Birthday : 1988-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next