Levenmouth Pool League Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League Race

+7
joebuck
redbeard
BABA
LWB
Baldy
Sean
STOO01
11 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

League Race - Page 13 Empty Re: League Race

Post  terry Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:41 am

u` lads were unlucky but our captain fooked oor team sheet up. we would have won a lot earlier. no 1 will ever beat or match the 4 blazateers that went 2 the railway n won 6-0` Razz Razz cheers

terry

Birthday : 1965-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  fifelad Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:56 am

STOO01 wrote:Blazers were 4-2 up versus the kirkland they conceded the last 2 singles and 3 doubles a pity as they have a few good players 2 or 3 more and it would have been a close game Shocked
even with the odds of winning against us they still turned up to play the game with only 6 players other teams may just have said oh pants it we dont have a team whats the point. cheers
kirkland came 6th in the league last season but sit bottom this confused

am the captin and a think were sittin bottem cos there 16 games now now just 8 then 2 or 3 doubles al our games have been close but hopin to get better next year with al the new rules and tht tryin to get player to get used to al the rules am rly only player in my team tht knows the rules. i ref nerly every game.

fifelad

Birthday : 1988-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:29 am

joebuck wrote:Well left the Argyll on Thursday sick as a parrot after taking them all the way only to lose the last frame for a defeat.

Mighty achievement all the same as we only had 6 players turn up Embarassed , a win would have put us 4th in the league and only 2 points outta 2nd place. Crying or Very sad

Plan for the rest of the season has to be getting 8 players on the field every match night.

Mon the Douglas, onwards and upwards cheers

Big improvement this week with 10 players turning up instead of 6, well at pie time it was looking bleak for the Douglas as we were 6 - 2 down, but after getting the bellies filled up we took all 8 in the second half for a 10 - 6 win.

Well we are in the top 8 for the second half so it should be tough games every week, we will look forward to the challenge, after seeing all the teams in the first half of the season I think the Douglas should be focusing on finishing in the top 4, will be a tough ask but I think the team we have is well capable of that.

So all the best to all in the Levenmouth league over the festive season and will see u all in the new year.

oh nearly forgot, the team I play for in Glenrothes will be down at the Brig between x mass and new year for the annual charity challange, so anyone wanting to see the "BRIG" get hosed dummy , just pop along for a pint and a laugh, it is usually a very good day out with a lot of lively banter Very Happy

Thursday 30 December, will start when pub opens I would imagine Question

Last edited by joebuck on Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : start time)
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:58 pm

[quote="joebuck"]
joebuck wrote:
oh nearly forgot, the team I play for in Glenrothes will be down at the Brig between x mass and new year for the annual charity challange, so anyone wanting to see the "BRIG" get hosed dummy , just pop along for a pint and a laugh, it is usually a very good day out with a lot of lively banter Very Happy

Thursday 30 December, will start when pub opens I would imagine Question

Well what a day we all had, thanks to the Brig lads for a fantastic day out, the match was 2 sets of 14 and it was a close affair all day, but alas the cup is back on display at "The Dixon Arms", first set ended all square at 7 all, in the second set the Brig got off to a flyer and went 3 ahead at one stage, but the Dixon boys kept the cream to the end and pulled of an excellent comeback to take the match 15 - 13. Very Happy

Roll on next year when we can do it all over again at the home of pool Wink
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

League Race - Page 13 Empty Idiots at the AGM

Post  joebuck Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:55 am

I was informed last night that the league winnings will still be paid out in pounds for points Question Well all I can say is that the people involved in this and most importantly the clown s that voted for this must be completly off their head or from a different planet.

The league was split into 2 this year at the half way stage, top 8 play each other and bottom 8 play each other in second half of season, so bearing that in mind it does not take a genius to work out the teams in 9th and 10th in the league will amass more points at the season end than teams in 7 th and 8th.

So why should the teams in 9th and 10th get more prize money than the teams in 7th and 8th Question Cause the people that voted must be off their rocker Sad

This needs to be put right now and amended for this season as it is completly out of order Mad

GET IT SORTED affraid
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down

Post  STOO01 Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:19 am

Ok squire you need to go to agm, and firstly stand up and introduce your self and say I'm hear to sort all the problems in this league Laughing
STOO01
STOO01
Admin

http://levenmouth-pool-league.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  joebuck Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:26 am

Problem is - to many fossils at the meetings Razz
joebuck
joebuck

Back to top Go down